PDA

View Full Version : I want the Dolphins to win this week.

lordofgun
09-10-2005, 08:21 AM
:couch:

Hear me out...

I think the Broncos will be a much bigger threat to our playoff chances than the Phins will. I expect the Phins to win 6 games MAX, but the Broncos will be fighting for the wild card.

I know it will be painful to see MIA in a tie for first after week 1, but the pain will only be temporary.

Novacane
09-10-2005, 08:30 AM
screw that. Go Broncos

Turf
09-10-2005, 08:38 AM

Hear me out...

I think the Broncos will be a much bigger threat to our playoff chances than the Phins will. I expect the Phins to win 6 games MAX, but the Broncos will be fighting for the wild card.

I know it will be painful to see MIA in a tie for first after week 1, but the pain will only be temporary.

Anyone got a thermometer? Help the man :D:

Tinboy
09-10-2005, 08:39 AM
You could look at it that way, but I don't think we will make the playoffs this year so Go Broncos!

jamze132
09-10-2005, 08:45 AM
I would rather have the Dolphins lose there home opener and the Bronco's make the playoffs. Yeah it may hinder our post season, but damn... **** the Dolphins!!!!!

Tatonka
09-10-2005, 09:31 AM
if the dolphins can win that game against a good team like denver... then they too should be considered a threat.

HAMMER
09-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Blasphemer!

Night Train
09-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Let me tell you something. I won (ebay) a set of those tiny plastic helmets of all the AFL teams of the 1960's ( with the old logo's) , several years back.

Uopon receiving the shipment, I took the Dolphins helmet outside on the sidewalk and put it under the heel of my boot, smashing it into a thousand pieces. I didn't care if was worth $20. It would NEVER be displayed in my house.

Any questions ?

casdhf
09-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I have some Dolphins stuff to sell you so you can smash it, you interested?

Drive 4 Five
09-10-2005, 11:59 AM

Hear me out...

Now that just sucks bro. :ill:

You're fired! :fit:

finsrclowns
09-10-2005, 01:02 PM

Hear me out...

Nope. :down:

Crisis
09-10-2005, 01:53 PM
No way.

I'd have to sit through 2 pages of "We're superbowl bound!" threads on FH.

Samphin1
09-10-2005, 03:46 PM
No way.

I'd have to sit through 2 pages of "We're superbowl bound!" threads on FH.

No you wouldn't...it would be three. Or you could just, NOT go over there. I know ti is one of the best sites on the net, but you could try to restrain yourself. :D:

Secondly, why would you guys wnat a division rival to win? You guys going soft? I mean great, the more that root for the fins the merrier. But, I believe the Broncos are better than the Bills and If Miami can beat Denver, perhaps that gives them the confidence early to feel they can beat anybody. I would consider every team in the NFL valid threats...except the Niners of course...

justasportsfan
09-10-2005, 03:48 PM
NO! Let the bills control their own destiny by winning games. The fins can stink all they want and I'd be fine w/ it.

lordofgun
09-11-2005, 11:50 AM
You guys are all stupid. :down:

Negs for everyone.

Novacane
09-11-2005, 11:57 AM
You guys are all stupid. :down:

Negs for everyone.

I nominate this thread for stupidest thread of the week :up:

lordofgun
09-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I nominate this thread for stupidest thread of the week :up:
Well since you keep posting in it, I'm starting to agree. :D

Typ0
09-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I'd rather see the Broncos undefeated when they come here in december...but the fins are making a real run at it.

MDFINFAN
09-11-2005, 03:42 PM

Hear me out...

Thanks for carma.. :attn: Even if the reasons were self serving.

MDFINFAN
09-11-2005, 03:44 PM
if the dolphins can win that game against a good team like denver... then they too should be considered a threat.

I don't know if we're a threat yet, but 34-10 is a good start of becoming one..but it's only week one. Can we be consistent...we're know more next week against the Jets.

lordofgun
09-11-2005, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you guys beat the Jets handily.

texasphinsfan
09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
i'm surprised there weren't more threads here about our game today.

did any bills fan actually watch the game? (just curious, like on Sunday Ticket or at a sports bar or something).... we really walked the Broncos. It wasn't like we won on a bad call or something. we literally destroyed them.

The dolphins played better today than they have for years. If i were a Buffalo fan i wouldn't automatically discount the phins this year, as had happened last year.

NJFINSFAN1
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
i'm surprised there weren't more threads here about our game today.

did any bills fan actually watch the game? (just curious, like on Sunday Ticket or at a sports bar or something).... we really walked the Broncos. It wasn't like we won on a bad call or something. we literally destroyed them.

The dolphins played better today than they have for years. If i were a Buffalo fan i wouldn't automatically discount the phins this year, as had happened last year.
Well, it was just one game. While I'm on cloud 9 right now, I'm not going to go overboard. I'm going to take it one game at a time! But I would love to crush the Jets, being that I live right here and all.

texasphinsfan
09-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Well, it was just one game. While I'm on cloud 9 right now, I'm not going to go overboard. I'm going to take it one game at a time! But I would love to crush the Jets, being that I live right here and all.
stop trying to play devil's advocate.... i didn't say we're going to the superbowl. i said we're not a team to be discounted this year. and that is the truth.

lordofgun
09-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I think you should still be discounted...just a little bit less than the Jets.

NJFINSFAN1
09-11-2005, 09:00 PM
stop trying to play devil's advocate.... i didn't say we're going to the superbowl. i said we're not a team to be discounted this year. and that is the truth.
I'm not playing Devil's advocate. It was just one game, I thought we would be 8-8 or maybe 9-7, I still feel that way. Not saying you said we are a Superbowl team. After last year I'm just going to take it game by game!

NJFINSFAN1
09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I think you should still be discounted...just a little bit less than the Jets.
I really felt and now even more after today, that the Jets will have a long hard season. Edwards is a horrible game coach, I'm thinking 6-10 or maybe 8-8 for them and a new coach next year!

STAMPY
09-11-2005, 09:06 PM
i think you'll be 6-10

Nublar7
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
if the dolphins can win that game against a good team like denver... then they too should be considered a threat.:D

LtFinFan66
09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
One down. I am just glad we didn't have to wait till week 8 to get a win

finsrclowns
09-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I think you should still be discounted...

After the way the fins played today you should admit that your idea that it would be good if the fins won was a dumb idea. Yeah today was only one game but it's dangerous to assume anything when it comes to how a team will do before any games are played. Of course the idea that it is good for the fins to win ANY game no matter what the rationale is dumb on its face. :crazed:

Samphin1
09-11-2005, 10:58 PM
Miami played great today and New York looked horrible. I expect a tough game next week though. I think Saban doesn't let the team get too high and I know Edwards will have NY up for a divisional game and the home opener. I just hope we catch them off guard sort of like Denver today. Man, I am still flying from today's win!

jmb1099
09-12-2005, 04:19 AM
It was a good win. I only caught some extended highlights, but from what I saw it was a good win. The total yard earned stats would indicate that your defense bent but didn't break...is this what happened? The Jets will be a challenge because they now need a win to avoid going into a hole, they also want redemption for that lousy KC game, and their at home. If you can rattle Chad early you have a great shot. Finally I'm guessing that no one is wishing Feely was in today, good choice on starting QB.

Historian
09-12-2005, 04:53 AM
It's sound logic log, but I could never root for the fish strictly on principle, sorry.

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 05:49 AM
:scratch: You know..I think I figured out where Log had disappeared to..the Funny Farm...and it's looking like he's still there...he just got allowed computer access

feelthepain
09-12-2005, 06:02 AM
It was a good win. I only caught some extended highlights, but from what I saw it was a good win. The total yard earned stats would indicate that your defense bent but didn't break...is this what happened? The Jets will be a challenge because they now need a win to avoid going into a hole, they also want redemption for that lousy KC game, and their at home. If you can rattle Chad early you have a great shot. Finally I'm guessing that no one is wishing Feely was in today, good choice on starting QB.

I wouldn't say it was bend but don't break, the Fins had a much tougher test then the Bills. Denver has one of the toughest,nastiest O-lines in the game and we shut them down. I know it's only one game but Miamis D is what it always was except with good coaching and adjustments. What I like is the 400+ yrds our O put on the Broncs. Against sound teams your not going to shut them down, no matter how good a D is. But with good adjustments and an unpredictable schemes Miami limited what Denver could do, in other words dictaded what they did. BTW, notice how this game looked nothing like the preseason games??? Hmmmm.....I wonder why?? I know, IT'S NOT PRESEASON ANYMORE!!!!!!

jmb1099
09-12-2005, 06:48 AM
I wouldn't say it was bend but don't break, the Fins had a much tougher test then the Bills. Denver has one of the toughest,nastiest O-lines in the game and we shut them down. I know it's only one game but Miamis D is what it always was except with good coaching and adjustments. What I like is the 400+ yrds our O put on the Broncs. Against sound teams your not going to shut them down, no matter how good a D is. But with good adjustments and an unpredictable schemes Miami limited what Denver could do, in other words dictaded what they did. BTW, notice how this game looked nothing like the preseason games??? Hmmmm.....I wonder why?? I know, IT'S NOT PRESEASON ANYMORE!!!!!!
Of course YOU woudn't say that! Truth is I was asking some of the respectful and respected Miami fans who post here, not you. I know your line, it never changes, its the same blah blah blah all the time, no matter what the circumstances. You're like the dolphins version of Iraqi Bob, you could be down 100 points and still insist that you were winning the game. Bottom line is that my question (even though you are obviously entitled to answer it) was not intended for you. But since you feel the need to make your opinion known let me ask you this...How did Feely do yesterday? Did he manage the clipboard well? Rumor has it that he pinched his finger in the paper holder and was carted off for xrays. How were Feely's numbers compared to losman's? Wasn't it you who guaranteed Feely would have a better season than Losman?

don137
09-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Playing in south Florida in September gives the fins an advantage over its opponent just like playing in December in Buffalo gives the Bills an advantage.
My buddy who is a fin fan was over watching the game yesterday so we flipped back and forth between the Bills and Dolphins games. I will give credit to the fins. They were the better team yesterday however denver self-destructed. Jake Plummer looked like AJ Feeley out there and couldn't hit a target all day. The receivers of the Broncos looked like they gave up and couldn't catch a cold if they tried.
Bailey leaves with a separated shoulder and their other two DBs left the game due to cramping due to the heat. why weren't these guys drinking enough fluid is beyond me. It was 115 on the field so they should of been drinking a gallon a gatorade at every opportunity. The heat got to the Broncos in the second half. Hats off to the fins. They had to play in the same conditions and broke the game open when the Broncos were worn down by the heat and Plummers ineptness.

Marino13Phins
09-12-2005, 07:43 AM

Pretty much, I mean up until later in the 3rd quarter plummer had only 106 passing yards. Took him 20 minutes to complete his first pass. we kind of gave them so momentum messing up a punt return and giving them the ball back. But the defense bend but did no break.

mysticsoto
09-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Of course YOU woudn't say that! Truth is I was asking some of the respectful and respected Miami fans who post here, not you. I know your line, it never changes, its the same blah blah blah all the time, no matter what the circumstances. You're like the dolphins version of Iraqi Bob, you could be down 100 points and still insist that you were winning the game. Bottom line is that my question (even though you are obviously entitled to answer it) was not intended for you. But since you feel the need to make your opinion known let me ask you this...How did Feely do yesterday? Did he manage the clipboard well? Rumor has it that he pinched his finger in the paper holder and was carted off for xrays. How were Feely's numbers compared to losman's? Wasn't it you who guaranteed Feely would have a better season than Losman?
OK, look at what you just did! You just presented a logical and rational argument to FTP. You know that's a no-no. He cannot speak that way - he only speaks Homerese. Now he will disappear for a few days so he doesn't have to answer your logical quips or deal with the fact that he promised Feeley would be playing much better than JP at this point and now he's gotta put his tail between his legs and admit he was wrong.

On the Miami front, I will congratulate them on a good win. I don't want to take anything away from them - it was a good win...but I don't believe the Broncos will amount to much of anything this year. In my opinion, they squandered their picks in the draft - especially the 3rd pick, and absolutely have nothing to show for any offseason pickup. The fact that they grabed alot of defensive linemen only served to prove to me that they were uncomfortable with what they had and were therefore looking and hoping to find a gem somewhere. The Broncos secondary looked terrible and I'm starting to believe what some of the analysts are saying...Mike Shanahan has been nothing since Elway's departure. His status of genuis coaching is rapidly dissipating, and might even have his job in jeopardy soon...

Samphin1
09-12-2005, 09:35 AM
The defense barely bent. Plummer didn't complete a pass until the second quarter I believe and the only time they got points was off of our turnovers which put them in great field position.

Plummer racked up some passing yardage late when we fell back and played a prevent sort of defense. The D-line chased him out of the pocket all day forcing Plummer to throw on the run ( which was good for us ). Also, the players were hitting hard. They put Mike Anderson on the shelf and Rod Smith got nailed solid on two different occasions. Once by Thomas who almost took his head with him, and another be Tebucky Jones which put Rod on the bench for a few plays.

It was domination on both sides of the ball an dI was surprised and happy to see it.

lordofgun
09-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Nah, the fish still suck. It's just that I highly overrated the Broncos.

NJFINSFAN1
09-12-2005, 10:43 AM
We really just beat up the Broncos. We hit them hard from the start. I'm watching MMQB, and they just said we just beat them up. Ditka just said he feels the Bills and the Fins are very equal teams right now.

Myself, I feel it was only one game, I'm on cloud 9 right now. But I'm not going to go nuts.

The game next week will be tough. It really does not matter what the records are, anything can happen in a Jet/Fin game, look at the history.

I think the big thing next week will be Saban vs Edwards, and if Sunday gives us any clue, that should be big in the Fins favor. Saban is a game coach (makes changes etc...), Edwards is a practice coach, but a horrible game coach!

PS

I like those Bills uniforms a hell of a lot better then the others!

Earthquake Enyart
09-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Let me tell you something. I won (ebay) a set of those tiny plastic helmets of all the AFL teams of the 1960's ( with the old logo's) , several years back.

Uopon receiving the shipment, I took the Dolphins helmet outside on the sidewalk and put it under the heel of my boot, smashing it into a thousand pieces. I didn't care if was worth $20. It would NEVER be displayed in my house.

Any questions ?

I love you, man. :bf1:

:scratch: You know..I think I figured out where Log had disappeared to..the Funny Farm...and it's looking like he's still there...he just got allowed computer access

Phil, please leave the comedy to the professionals. :::

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Phil, please leave the comedy to the professionals. :::Miyagi hasn't made it back home yet :idunno:

BILL$ B@$HER
09-12-2005, 12:51 PM

good post!:jam:

jmb1099
09-12-2005, 07:01 PM
The defense barely bent. Plummer didn't complete a pass until the second quarter I believe and the only time they got points was off of our turnovers which put them in great field position.

Plummer racked up some passing yardage late when we fell back and played a prevent sort of defense. The D-line chased him out of the pocket all day forcing Plummer to throw on the run ( which was good for us ). Also, the players were hitting hard. They put Mike Anderson on the shelf and Rod Smith got nailed solid on two different occasions. Once by Thomas who almost took his head with him, and another be Tebucky Jones which put Rod on the bench for a few plays.

It was domination on both sides of the ball an dI was surprised and happy to see it.
Mybe yo and I look at at bending differently. I just looked at Denver's total offense and they managed to generate 312 yards but only come away with 10 points. To me that is a defense that bent but didn't break. It wasn't a critical question, the all important stat is the W and that is the one you guys earned yesterday so congrats on a nice win.

jmb1099
09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
We really just beat up the Broncos. We hit them hard from the start. I'm watching MMQB, and they just said we just beat them up. Ditka just said he feels the Bills and the Fins are very equal teams right now.

Myself, I feel it was only one game, I'm on cloud 9 right now. But I'm not going to go nuts.

The game next week will be tough. It really does not matter what the records are, anything can happen in a Jet/Fin game, look at the history.

I think the big thing next week will be Saban vs Edwards, and if Sunday gives us any clue, that should be big in the Fins favor. Saban is a game coach (makes changes etc...), Edwards is a practice coach, but a horrible game coach!

PS

I like those Bills uniforms a hell of a lot better then the others!
Yeah I must admit our uniforms are cool! You will be in for a fight next week (as will we), should be interesting.

Samphin1
09-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Mybe yo and I look at at bending differently. I just looked at Denver's total offense and they managed to generate 312 yards but only come away with 10 points. To me that is a defense that bent but didn't break. It wasn't a critical question, the all important stat is the W and that is the one you guys earned yesterday so congrats on a nice win.

If you were to just loko at the stats then yes, I would agree with you that it looks like a classic bend but don't break kind of defense. However, I watched the game twice and I can ssure you, the majority of Plummer's passing yards came in the fourth quarter when the game was out of reach and we were letting him have anything he wanted underneath. I think he had less than 100 yards passing entering the final quarter.

Denver didn't have a first down until their third or fourth possesion of the game. It wasn't a ypical let them drive down a little ways then stiffen up defense that Miami has played. It was a we are going to punish you and get after it defense.

Miami dominated the entire game on both sides of the ball and it was good to see. Like you said, in the end, Miami got the win and that is all that matters.

ublinkwescore
09-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Ditka just said he feels the Bills and the Fins are very equal teams right now.

Ditka's a real genius - if he said it it must be true.

:nervous:

feelthepain
09-12-2005, 08:22 PM

What I saw yesterday was a Dolphins team playing up to their obviously talented abilitys and it's no surprise to me because all this team has needed was coaching and the ability to be unpredictable. I'll promise you the fins will no longer be predictable. if that only gets us two more wins this year then so be it, however the Fins team is becoming a team a team that plays for each other. This was only one game and by no means is it a fact the fins will make the playoffs, what it did show was a different coaching style and philosophy and Miami looked hungry and angry, that had attitude. All the time DW was here we played on talent only. That will only get a team so far as was evident for the fins. With a great win loss record for 6 out of 7 seasons we were very good just not next level.

We now have a coaching staff built for domination...I know you'll think thats homer of me, but I assure you it's not. Just look at the sstaff here an you'll have to give them their props, a whole lotta winning on our coaching staff. The talents been here and Saban has gotten rid of a lot of sub-par players here for the last couple years. Saban has made a lot of changes mostly to the D, and D is far different then O in that you don't need 3 years to get good D plyers to the level of good O players. We added a lot of solid vets to this D squad players brought in to fit a roll not take over a position. Every time you Bills fans bust on the fins you only look at one thing nbot the big picture. Belichick and Saban use the same philosophy, find players that fit what you want to do. Hate me all you want, you hate that fact I could be right about the fins, thats worse to you then another perfect season for the fins.
I know this team far better then you and I don't ignore things just so i'll feel better. I kept trying to tell you all through preseason the fins weren't playing to win those games, but their playing to win now...sure does look different doesn't it.

jmb1099
09-13-2005, 12:07 AM
What I saw yesterday was a Dolphins team playing up to their obviously talented abilitys and it's no surprise to me because all this team has needed was coaching and the ability to be unpredictable. I'll promise you the fins will no longer be predictable. if that only gets us two more wins this year then so be it, however the Fins team is becoming a team a team that plays for each other. This was only one game and by no means is it a fact the fins will make the playoffs, what it did show was a different coaching style and philosophy and Miami looked hungry and angry, that had attitude. All the time DW was here we played on talent only. That will only get a team so far as was evident for the fins. With a great win loss record for 6 out of 7 seasons we were very good just not next level.

We now have a coaching staff built for domination...I know you'll think thats homer of me, but I assure you it's not. Just look at the sstaff here an you'll have to give them their props, a whole lotta winning on our coaching staff. The talents been here and Saban has gotten rid of a lot of sub-par players here for the last couple years. Saban has made a lot of changes mostly to the D, and D is far different then O in that you don't need 3 years to get good D plyers to the level of good O players. We added a lot of solid vets to this D squad players brought in to fit a roll not take over a position. Every time you Bills fans bust on the fins you only look at one thing nbot the big picture. Belichick and Saban use the same philosophy, find players that fit what you want to do. Hate me all you want, you hate that fact I could be right about the fins, thats worse to you then another perfect season for the fins.
I know this team far better then you and I don't ignore things just so i'll feel better. I kept trying to tell you all through preseason the fins weren't playing to win those games, but their playing to win now...sure does look different doesn't it.

Ok lets get one thing straight right now...the dolphins played a solid game yesterday and I will wait and see before making any judgments as to it being quality of play or quality of competition. No before you get your panties in a bunch about this comment you need to understand that I will be looking for the same thing from the Bills. You keep bringing up preseason like it didn't mean anything, but then you contradict yourself by talking about all the adjustments that were made. The biggest of these (at least in your world) is Feely being demoted. It was you who day after day declared that Fely would have a better season that Losman. What happened? You say you know your team well, but how well could you possibly know it when the guy you hand picked to be the number one qb was demoted to number three? Know why Feely was demoted? Poor preseason play. Still think preseason means nothing?
Finally, when you make statements like "coaching staff built for domination" it goes beyond sounding homer, it sounds adolescent and silly. I think Saban is a huge upgrade in coaching, I think the Dolphins have some very talented people on board, and like us they played one game very well so far, as far as domination goes, well, that remains to be seen. But aside from all of this where was AJ? The first rumor was that he hurt himself in the clipbaord that he was holding on the sideline, but I've been able to now confirm that was not the case. Now I'm being told he tripped over his shoelaces while fetching water for Ferrotte and bruised his but again. Incidently Losman 1 td, 170 yards passing, 30 yards rushing and one game one. Feely 0 TD, 0 yards passing, 0 yards rushing, and no games one...just in case you wanted to keep track.

JD
09-13-2005, 12:41 AM
I don't know why Denver is rated so higly, just because of last season. Sure they have a good defense but it's not as great as everybody thinks. With a QB reminicent of the one and only Rob Johnson, your not going to do too much. If Miami can give the Jets a whoopin' then I will change my mind about how I feel about them. The Jets are nothing spectacular this year, expecially after watching them in week one. But I do feel they will rebound and prove to the league that they are a good football team especially being at home. I see the Jets beating Miami 31-17.