PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tatonka....

casdhf
09-10-2005, 10:14 AM
When are we gonna get your best bets for this season? :$: :$: :$:

I'm gonna go with Rams (-4.5) vs SF

HAMMER
09-10-2005, 12:24 PM
That spread is up to -6 but still looks like this week's best bet to the Hammer. I have loaded up on it. Also like the under in the Bills game.

Tatonka
09-10-2005, 01:47 PM
i actually had the over on the NE/Oakland game as i posted in that game thread.. it was 49.. got it by one point.. thanks to that blocked punt.. that is what you call a "back door cover". :D but i will take it..

i am 2-1 so far on college ball.. i won on virginia tech -3 against NC state. I lost on the miami/fl st. over 39 (after getting 17 points in the first quarter, ugh!), and won on the virginia tech game today -21 (assuming they dont melt down.. up 35-0 now in the 3rd).

tonight, in college ball.. i will be taking LSU +1 tonight against Arizona st.

on to the nfl..

i can tell you the games i like right now.. i have not decided what i will go with for sure.. my leans at this point are..

Buffalo -5
Tennesse +7
Carolina -7
Seattle +3
KC -3
Arizona/NYG OVER 37 1/2

i will probably only go with :
Buffalo
Carolina
KC

and the Arizona over late.

I like buffalo to cover due to what i have seen from houstons offense this preseason. our defense has looked stellar and their offense has looked horrid.. their Oline is in bad shape and we can get after the qb.. they on the other hand are not good at getting pressure on the qb.. they were near the bottom in sacks last season and they lost Jamie sharper who was their best defender, imho. even with our questions at OL, i think we cover a TD.

KC at home with a revamped defense against a pennington lead offense that has not really got on track yet.. kc will put up points.. i dont think the jets can stay with them for the whole game.

carolina - i dont see how any saints player will stay focused after all that is gone on.. but i could be wrong.. it could have the opposite effect.. i think carolina is a superbowl contender and just a better team.. i will take the chance that the saints dont come out motivated.. funny thing is, i am betting the opposite on LSU tonight.. they are playing on the road now instead of home.. but just call it a gut feeling.

if the first half of the day goes well, i will probably follow that up with az/nyg over.. 37.5 is low on an over total and i think that warner will put up some points with the wr group he has.. i also dont think they will run the ball that effectively, therefore throwing the ball more means a longer game due to stops of the clock.. longer games = more points. eli has alot of new weapons as well.. a healthy shockey, toomer, burruss and tiki.. 37.5 should be very achievable.

i dont like the St Louis game just because they always seem to struggle on grass.. but honestly, it may not be an issue since they will probably feature steven jackson.

regardless, i always tread lightly early on.. all my bets have been for 50$. typically later in the season i bet around 100-200 a game depending on how things have gone that weekend.

Tatonka
09-10-2005, 01:51 PM
i dont have the sack to bet the titans this early but i think they stay with pitt all day.. i think the seahawks will win also, but the weather is supposed to be bad, so i will shy away.

like i said.. the st louis game is probably a good bet.. but i just dont know anything about san fran.. rattay is starting and he could do better than some think.. i dont know that st. louis's defense is any better than it normally is.. san frans has been pretty good (defense that is).. call it a gut feeling.. the game just feels like a trap and the public is all over st. louis.. but the public wins sometimes too.

Tatonka
09-10-2005, 08:57 PM
no comments?

VegasDave
09-10-2005, 09:29 PM
On my main parlay ticket :

Bills-5
Vikes-6
Rams-5......I too have heard that called as a trap today but i cant see Martz and the Rams losing a Div game to the 49's. I had to play it due to the points they can generate. Of the 3 though, thats the only game i'm worried about.

To cover my loses ( hopefully not )

Bills-5
Broncos-4
Bengals-4

Ya, i'm a Homer but Buffalo's D,special teams,12'th Man and from what i see of a good young offense should have no prob covering the 5.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turf
09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Here's my angle....

Bet against Dallas on the road all year. I think we all know why (Drew).

This week, In San Diego -4.5. I'm taking SD.

Tatonka
09-11-2005, 12:55 AM
i would be leary of taking sd w/o gates in the lineup.

Tatonka
09-11-2005, 07:07 PM
3-1 today and i told you guys to stay away from st. louis and san diego. hope you listened.

:up:

Michael82
09-11-2005, 07:33 PM
3-1 today and i told you guys to stay away from st. louis and san diego. hope you listened.

:up:
I took the 49ers for my survivor loser pool. :mad:

Tatonka
09-11-2005, 11:34 PM
5-1 for the day (colts at the half and colts for the game) and won on vtech and lsu yesterday..

what a good weekend. i will probably get killed next weekend.

i like the over in the philly game tomorrow by the way.

jdenning
09-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I ended up taking broncos, chiefs, colts, and bengals i didnt do bad myself... 3-1.. as for yesterday id rather not talk about it i had Ohio state -1 who outplayed texas in my opinion and arizona state over lsu and i got so screwed in that game but hey u cant win them all.... I like the Eagles alot tomorrow night -1 im gonna pound that game.. what do u all think?

Tatonka
09-11-2005, 11:53 PM
sorry to see you ended up on the wrong side of the LSU game.. i really felt like had a horseshoe stuck up my ass.. i am well aware that LSU should NOT have covered that game.

if i was going to bet a side tomorrow, i would take atlanta.. but i dont have enough confidence that they will win.. that is why i am going with the over. i feel good about the total.