PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Does anyone here get this? Is is the same as NFL Ticket from DirecTV?

I'm so pissed I have to watch Jets/Giants games here in NYC and I used to have the dish (my new apt doesn't have it) Does anyone know if Time Warner will be carrying NFL Network?

Typ0
09-11-2005, 01:50 PM
NFL network is sold to all cable systems and is not sunday ticket.

STAMPY
09-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Does anyone here get this? Is is the same as NFL Ticket from DirecTV?

I'm so pissed I have to watch Jets/Giants games here in NYC and I used to have the dish (my new apt doesn't have it) Does anyone know if Time Warner will be carrying NFL Network?

get nfl field pass. it lets you get every games audio

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 01:55 PM
NFL network is sold to all cable systems and is not sunday ticket.
I should have rephrased...I know it is not sunday ticket...I meant is it "like" sunday ticket, e.g., shows all the games.

It is not available to Time Warner customers here in NYC. They dont' offer it.

Typ0
09-11-2005, 01:59 PM
I should have rephrased...I know it is not sunday ticket...I meant is it "like" sunday ticket, e.g., shows all the games.

It is not available to Time Warner customers here in NYC. They dont' offer it.

sorry...I kind of figured I didn't understand the question knowing the source and I know you are a good fan. Is NFL network bouncing around the games like they did in preseason? that would be great for people who don't have the full NFL package. This is the first season I had ticket so I'm kind of new to this...and since I'm glued to the bills game I'm not really taking advantage of it at this point.

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 02:02 PM
This sucks. I went to NFL Network's site and this is the message:

Sorry, Time Warner does not currently carry NFL NETWORK.

Below is a letter to Time Warner requesting that NFL NETWORK be added to their channel lineup. Please read the letter and click "Continue" to have it automatically sent to Time Warner.

Call 212-358-0900 to tell Time Warner that you want NFL Network or to get more information on their cable services.

<HR></HR>Time Warner
120 E 23rd St Fl 10
New York, NY 10010-4519

9/11/2005

SUBJECT: I Want NFL NETWORK!

Dear General Manager:

I am writing to request that you add NFL NETWORK to your channel lineup.

NFL NETWORK is the first 24-hour, seven-day-a-week cable and satellite television network dedicated solely to the NFL. It keeps me up to date on all that happens around the league, on and off the field –- during the season and throughout the off-season. It gives fans like me information and insight straight from team headquarters, league offices and anywhere else the NFL is making news.

Please let me know that I will be seeing NFL NETWORK as part of your channel lineup.

Sincerely,

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 02:07 PM
NICE! RCN cable offers it!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=20></TD><TD><!-- START BODY CONTENT --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top></FORM><FORM id=thanks name=thanks onsubmit="" action=thanks.asp method=post>

Great news! RCN offers NFL Network!

If you do not currently subscribe to RCN and are interested in getting NFL NETWORK, please call 800-746-4726.
</FORM><FORM name=vbform onsubmit="return checkQR(this);" action=newreply.php method=post></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Crap. Just found out that NFL Network is like ESPN Sportscenter...it doesn't show the games live.

F**K DIRECTV.

When does their effin monopoly end? This is bulls**t.

JJamezz
09-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Best you can do with Sunday Ticket is that SHortCuts thing they're doing this year - they somehow cram every play into a half hour or less and reair them a few times.

Of course, you have to pony up an extra 100 bucks, 'cause its part of the HD package.. :party:

One thing I don't get, is why is there a separate Shortcut show for each team? Are they using each teams' radio broadcast for the audio?

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Best you can do with Sunday Ticket is that SHortCuts thing they're doing this year - they somehow cram every play into a half hour or less and reair them a few times.

Of course, you have to pony up an extra 100 bucks, 'cause its part of the HD package.. :party:

One thing I don't get, is why is there a separate Shortcut show for each team? Are they using each teams' radio broadcast for the audio?
"Shortcuts"? Are you talking about NFL Network or DirecTV?

JJamezz
09-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Oops... Yeah, I was talking about Sunday Ticket.

That's why I shouldn't post til the game is over.. Sorry about that man.

JJamezz
09-11-2005, 03:01 PM
There was something they did on the NFL Network though - am I nuts? Where they played back games in 1 hour?