PDA

View Full Version : The Kid has a game under his belt...Now what do you think?

JayWood
09-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Wasnt sure what to expect coming into this game but there were a few things that i saw today that make me feel very comfortable with him running the show.

1. hard counts, drawing houston offside 5 or so times
2. play action...does it very well
3. makes something of the play, even when there is nothing around
4. the kid can move
5. leadership (did you see him get in josh reed's face?)
6. composed in the pocket, he never panicked
7. Accuracy (for the most part it was there)
8. excitment!!! this kid wants to lead this team and it showd on the field

So far so good. would have liked to see a little more running and alittle less passing. but i dont know about the rest of you but i cant wait to see what this kid is going to bring to the table for years to come. The future is bright!!! :bf1:

TheBrownBear
09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Not a great performance today but much much better than I expected. My wife and I agree that he really could be a special player. He's already 3 times the player that Bledsoe was last season. I've been a big big Losman doubter (even compared him to Rob Johnson) but I'm now a believer.

Novacane
09-11-2005, 03:17 PM
He played awesome. Better than I expected. No doubt some will harp on the dropped INT that could have gone for a TD

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 03:22 PM
He sucked. We should have kept Drew.

TheBrownBear
09-11-2005, 03:24 PM
He played awesome. Better than I expected. No doubt some will harp on the dropped INT that could have gone for a TD
I was expecting a bunch of "rookie" mistakes like that but JP really got it done. He carried the offense in the first half when McGahee got off to a slow start. One or two interceptions a game doesn't bother me as long as he shows improvement throughout the season. The most encouraging thing about his performance was his poise, and the fact that he looks like a legitimate NFL starting quarterback.

TheBrownBear
09-11-2005, 03:24 PM
He sucked. We should have kept Drew.
:lmao: