• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Bledsoe just passed 40,000 yArds.

10th All time.

That being said I am fryed from the game this afternoon what a great game.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bledsoe just passed 40,000 yArds.

Bledsoe = Who cares ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• zone
      No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
      • Oct 2003

Drew Bledsoe DAL 18 24 226 3 0

Not a bad day.
      www.blzbus.com

Comment

• colin
        Drew's my hero!
        • Jul 2002

bledsoe is one of the best passers in the game.

he is smart, can make powerful accurate throws, and is a tough vet who won't get shaken.

all that said, his weaknesses are undeniable and our team can't cover them up against the tough Ds in the AFC East.

horses for courses and all that

Comment

• Fairway
          • Jul 2002

oh.......that's nice. Go JP!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin

he is smart, can make powerful accurate throws, and is a tough vet who won't get shaken.

all that said, his weaknesses are undeniable and our team can't cover them up against the tough Ds in the AFC East.

I agree with most of what you said about DB...except for the part that says he won't get shaken. I've seen him go downhill and become a deer in headlights pretty quick.

Comment

• STAMPY
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
              I agree with most of what you said about DB...except for the part that says he won't get shaken. I've seen him go downhill and become a deer in headlights pretty quick.
              The bottomline is if he gets protection he'll do well. Dallas' line is solid. JP can do better with less protection due to his mobility. I hope JP does better as he is a Bill.

But i hope Drew resurrects his career. As long as it doesn't affect us. Good guy, just didn't work out in buffalo.

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                yeah, you might have a point.

still, he is LESS LIKELY to flip out and lose the ball than a green guy, of course you have to catch JP first

Comment

• Tasker
                  • Aug 2005

Yeah and he still managed a fumble, lets see if Dallas can endure about 12-15 more fumbles this season like we had to.

I imagine in the WEAK-AZZ NFC even bledsoe cant fumble dallas out of the playoffs.
                  Greatest Special Teamer in NFL History
                  #89 Steve Tasker

Bills backer
                  Buffalo Bills Blog

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

I watched the whole game. In the first quarter he looked like the classic Bledsoe: fmbled, got sacked, deer look on his face. Then he had a really good game. Dallas' o-line didn't buy him any more time than ours did. He had a great opening game. I'm sure he'll look pretty good until he gets comfortable again...

Comment

• Tasker
                      • Aug 2005

Maybe hes going to actually try until his paycheck clears.

Then he can return to the onfield-inhuddle retirment he did to us last year.

He is the most dissapointing, no heart, no backbone player I have ever watched. His 3 and out "with a smile" he did wasted a year of my life last year.

I hope he doesnt see Rodney Harrison coming, ....then he can then truly begin his retirment.
                      Greatest Special Teamer in NFL History
                      #89 Steve Tasker

Bills backer
                      Buffalo Bills Blog

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Tasker
                        Maybe hes going to actually try until his paycheck clears.

Then he can return to the onfield-inhuddle retirment he did to us last year.

He is the most dissapointing, no heart, no backbone player I have ever watched. His 3 and out "with a smile" he did wasted a year of my life last year.

I hope he doesnt see Rodney Harrison coming, ....then he can then truly begin his retirment.
                        Yeah, he really killed us during that big winning streak last year.

The guy's not here anymore but we still see the need to bash him, even after a good game where he brought his team from behind. Sad really.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                          Maybe?
                          • Oct 2003

Did you see the catches Meshawn had to make (especially the TD catch)? Dredsoe's passes were behind him, over his head, etc., etc. Nothing has changed. He will start throwing INTs soon enough. Unless Jones carries the team like Martin did in '96-'97, the Boys won't be making the playoffs w/ Blew at the helm.

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by colin

Yeah, he's great against weak defenses! JP made play after play that wouldn't have been possible with Bledsoe at the helm. Buffalo is much better off with out DB at the helm.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Bulldog
                              Top Dog
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                              Yeah, he really killed us during that big winning streak last year.

The guy's not here anymore but we still see the need to bash him, even after a good game where he brought his team from behind. Sad really.
                              Yeah, you're right, that was all a result of Bledsoe. Look at his numbers against good defenses and let me know how great he is then. Bledsoe is average at best. I for one am glad that he's no longer in Buffalo.
                              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                              X