PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe just passed 40,000 yArds.

The King
09-11-2005, 05:44 PM
10th All time.

That being said I am fryed from the game this afternoon what a great game.

Night Train
09-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Bledsoe = Who cares ?

zone
09-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Drew Bledsoe DAL 18 24 226 3 0

Not a bad day.

colin
09-11-2005, 06:32 PM
bledsoe is one of the best passers in the game.

he is smart, can make powerful accurate throws, and is a tough vet who won't get shaken.

all that said, his weaknesses are undeniable and our team can't cover them up against the tough Ds in the AFC East.

horses for courses and all that

Novacane
09-11-2005, 06:54 PM
oh.......that's nice. Go JP!!!!!

Typ0
09-11-2005, 06:59 PM

he is smart, can make powerful accurate throws, and is a tough vet who won't get shaken.

all that said, his weaknesses are undeniable and our team can't cover them up against the tough Ds in the AFC East.

I agree with most of what you said about DB...except for the part that says he won't get shaken. I've seen him go downhill and become a deer in headlights pretty quick.

STAMPY
09-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I agree with most of what you said about DB...except for the part that says he won't get shaken. I've seen him go downhill and become a deer in headlights pretty quick.

The bottomline is if he gets protection he'll do well. Dallas' line is solid. JP can do better with less protection due to his mobility. I hope JP does better as he is a Bill.

But i hope Drew resurrects his career. As long as it doesn't affect us. Good guy, just didn't work out in buffalo.

colin
09-11-2005, 07:03 PM

yeah, you might have a point.

still, he is LESS LIKELY to flip out and lose the ball than a green guy, of course you have to catch JP first

Tasker
09-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah and he still managed a fumble, lets see if Dallas can endure about 12-15 more fumbles this season like we had to.

I imagine in the WEAK-AZZ NFC even bledsoe cant fumble dallas out of the playoffs.

DynaPaul
09-11-2005, 07:32 PM
I watched the whole game. In the first quarter he looked like the classic Bledsoe: fmbled, got sacked, deer look on his face. Then he had a really good game. Dallas' o-line didn't buy him any more time than ours did. He had a great opening game. I'm sure he'll look pretty good until he gets comfortable again...

Tasker
09-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Maybe hes going to actually try until his paycheck clears.

Then he can return to the onfield-inhuddle retirment he did to us last year.

He is the most dissapointing, no heart, no backbone player I have ever watched. His 3 and out "with a smile" he did wasted a year of my life last year.

I hope he doesnt see Rodney Harrison coming, ....then he can then truly begin his retirment.

chernobylwraiths
09-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Maybe hes going to actually try until his paycheck clears.

Then he can return to the onfield-inhuddle retirment he did to us last year.

He is the most dissapointing, no heart, no backbone player I have ever watched. His 3 and out "with a smile" he did wasted a year of my life last year.

I hope he doesnt see Rodney Harrison coming, ....then he can then truly begin his retirment.

Yeah, he really killed us during that big winning streak last year. :shakeno:

The guy's not here anymore but we still see the need to bash him, even after a good game where he brought his team from behind. Sad really.

Mr. Cynical
09-11-2005, 08:24 PM
Did you see the catches Meshawn had to make (especially the TD catch)? Dredsoe's passes were behind him, over his head, etc., etc. Nothing has changed. He will start throwing INTs soon enough. Unless Jones carries the team like Martin did in '96-'97, the Boys won't be making the playoffs w/ Blew at the helm.

Bulldog
09-11-2005, 08:30 PM

Yeah, he's great against weak defenses! JP made play after play that wouldn't have been possible with Bledsoe at the helm. Buffalo is much better off with out DB at the helm.

Bulldog
09-11-2005, 08:35 PM

The guy's not here anymore but we still see the need to bash him, even after a good game where he brought his team from behind. Sad really.

Yeah, you're right, that was all a result of Bledsoe. Look at his numbers against good defenses and let me know how great he is then. Bledsoe is average at best. I for one am glad that he's no longer in Buffalo.

pats-were-right
09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
Remember he was bailed out a couple times too. He had an int called back because of an off-sides I believe, and that "roughing the passer" that changed the momentum to Dallas was lame.

The Refs have always licked Tuna's butt. They may call the ticky tack ones agianst him early but they always deliver for him toward the end.

Novacane
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM

goes both ways. MB gets back from a big Bills win and the first thing he posts is a thread about Drew and how well he did.

The King
09-11-2005, 09:46 PM
I did spend the last two hours after the game talking to everyone about the Bills win. I came back put on the tv and that was right at that point where Bledsoe went over 40k.

I didnt say anything about Drew performance by the way. I just noted a milestone.

Dozerdog
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
10th All time.

That being said I am fryed from the game this afternoon what a great game.I look like a tomato.

The King
09-11-2005, 10:02 PM
my neck is bad it was to the sun the whole day. Great day for a win though

Dozerdog
09-11-2005, 10:21 PM
my neck is bad it was to the sun the whole day. Great day for a win thoughArms, neck, face......

I feel like I just spent a weekend trip in Hiroshima and Nagasaki

The King
09-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I havent been able to sleep I am still so amped.

Tasker
09-11-2005, 10:56 PM

The guy's not here anymore but we still see the need to bash him, even after a good game where he brought his team from behind. Sad really.Yeah he did, and if you understood what you were watching every sunday youd know that.

The team continued to win despite him.
LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THAT STREAK, STARTING WITH THE WIN AT ARIZONA.

VS CIncinatti - 15 of 30 183 yds and 1 fumble
VS Cleveland 12 of 27 100 yds 1 interception 1 fumble
VS SEATTLE 25 of 37 275 yds AND 3 INTERCEPTIONS
VS ST LOUIS 15 of 28 185 yds 1 INT 1 FUMBLE
VS PATRIOTS 7 of 19 76 yds 3 INTERCEPTION
VS ARIZONA 8 of 17 87 yards 1 fumble
VS STEELERS 16 of 30 1 INT 2 FUMBLES

VS Dolphins great game
VS Jets decent game

You apparently have no understanding of competing in a team sport.

IF YOU WATCH ALL THE GAMES, you would have seen Bledsoe coming off the field after that 7 of 19 and 3 INTERCEPTIONS against the patriots smiling and shaking the hands of all his buddies, and not caring that he just lost the game for his team. The team he is supposed to lead.

The team paying him 8-9 MILLION DALLARS to make an effort.

Hes a spineless leader, and our defense deserved better.
AND SINCE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HIM......
factual based bashing is what conversation thrives on.

Do your research before you try to contradict a valid point.

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 12:43 AM
"The second of Buffalo's two 2004 first-round draft picks (Losman) finished 17-of-28 for 170 yards and a touchdown and with an 89.9 quarterback rating. That's a better rating than former starter Drew Bledsoe had in 11 of his 16 games last season with Buffalo."

:up:

chernobylwraiths
09-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Did you see the catches Meshawn had to make (especially the TD catch)? Dredsoe's passes were behind him, over his head, etc., etc. Nothing has changed. He will start throwing INTs soon enough. Unless Jones carries the team like Martin did in '96-'97, the Boys won't be making the playoffs w/ Blew at the helm.

I saw the throw for a TD to Meshawn from the endzone. Yes it was behind him but it barely missed the lineman's hands who was trying to block it and I saw a defender come in from the side that he was running to. So, if Bledsoe leads Johnson on that it probably gets blocked at the line or possibly intercepted. At least where he threw it only Johnson could get it.

I was just saying that DB wasn't the only reason they lost the games they lost last year. I am also not saying that DB was the only reason they won in that streak either. I never suggested that Bledsoe was great. I think he is average as well. I just don't think average is necessarily a terrible thing.

He's gone now and I'm looking forward to Losman getting better in his career, he had a good start yesterday. You also won't see me bashing JP because I want him to fail or because I loved DB and think they made the wrong choice. Go Bills!

don137
09-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Thank goodness they don't subtract yards lost for sacks or else he wouldn't be at 30,000 yards yet...

chernobylwraiths
09-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Yeah he did, and if you understood what you were watching every sunday youd know that.

The team continued to win despite him.
LETS TAKE A LOOK AT THAT STREAK, STARTING WITH THE WIN AT ARIZONA.

VS CIncinatti - 15 of 30 183 yds and 1 fumble
VS Cleveland 12 of 27 100 yds 1 interception 1 fumble
VS SEATTLE 25 of 37 275 yds AND 3 INTERCEPTIONS
VS ST LOUIS 15 of 28 185 yds 1 INT 1 FUMBLE
VS PATRIOTS 7 of 19 76 yds 3 INTERCEPTION
VS ARIZONA 8 of 17 87 yards 1 fumble
VS STEELERS 16 of 30 1 INT 2 FUMBLES

VS Dolphins great game
VS Jets decent game

You apparently have no understanding of competing in a team sport.

IF YOU WATCH ALL THE GAMES, you would have seen Bledsoe coming off the field after that 7 of 19 and 3 INTERCEPTIONS against the patriots smiling and shaking the hands of all his buddies, and not caring that he just lost the game for his team. The team he is supposed to lead.

The team paying him 8-9 MILLION DALLARS to make an effort.

Hes a spineless leader, and our defense deserved better.
AND SINCE THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HIM......
factual based bashing is what conversation thrives on.

Do your research before you try to contradict a valid point.

Whatever, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure in wins, NO quarterback makes mistakes. I'm sure Montana never fumbled or threw an INT in their wins. Michael Vick, the most athletic QB and best running QB in the game was sacked more than Bledsoe last year.

I know a good running back, even a great running back can't help a team win if the QB can never make any plays. McGahee only started running well yesterday AFTER Losman showed he could make some plays.

Nice facts by the way. I'm glad you showed only the negatives. It shows your way of thinking.

Meathead
09-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Congrats, Drew.

Canadian'eh!
09-12-2005, 12:25 PM
"The second of Buffalo's two 2004 first-round draft picks (Losman) finished 17-of-28 for 170 yards and a touchdown and with an 89.9 quarterback rating. That's a better rating than former starter Drew Bledsoe had in 11 of his 16 games last season with Buffalo."

:up:
While that is great, don't get too exicted. Drew Bledsoe is leading the NFL in QB rating right now with a 143.4!

#2 is Tim Rattay.

mysticsoto
09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
I think we should let Bledsoe and his fans enjoy their good win. In truth, it was a close game that could have gone either way. If Parcells is able to figure out a way in which to implement a scheme that Drew can flourish in, then great - more power to them. But the truth of the matter is that Drew's style did not fit our designed offense and regardless of whether he still has gas left in the tank or not, he would never flourish here. I wish him the best and have moved on. Despite JP throwing considerably less than Drew, he is definitely much more suited for our offense and I wouldn't trade him for the world - even if Drew made the probowl this year!!!

STAMPY
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
I think we should let Bledsoe and his fans enjoy their good win. In truth, it was a close game that could have gone either way. If Parcells is able to figure out a way in which to implement a scheme that Drew can flourish in, then great - more power to them. But the truth of the matter is that Drew's style did not fit our designed offense and regardless of whether he still has gas left in the tank or not, he would never flourish here. I wish him the best and have moved on. Despite JP throwing considerably less than Drew, he is definitely much more suited for our offense and I wouldn't trade him for the world - even if Drew made the probowl this year!!!

post of year :bf1:

Novacane
09-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I think we should let Bledsoe and his fans enjoy their good win.

Fine by me. Let them go to a cowboys board and enjoy it. This is a Bills board and all a couple posters want to talk about is how Drew Bledsoe played

Canadian'eh!
09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Fine by me. Let them go to a cowboys board and enjoy it. This is a Bills board and all a couple posters want to talk about is how Drew Bledsoe played
Come on.... The board almost always keeps track of old Bills players, especially when this one involved the risk of going with an unproven QB as his replacement.... I just hope That losman doesn't struggle and Drew have a good year or it could get ugly.

finsrclowns
09-12-2005, 02:19 PM

Didn't you just start a thread just to bash him? Let it go man....

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 02:51 PM
:bf1:

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Didn't you just start a thread just to bash him? Let it go man....Certainly looks like it :scratch: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=79945

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 03:00 PM
I saw the throw for a TD to Meshawn from the endzone. Yes it was behind him but it barely missed the lineman's hands who was trying to block it and I saw a defender come in from the side that he was running to. So, if Bledsoe leads Johnson on that it probably gets blocked at the line or possibly intercepted. At least where he threw it only Johnson could get it.
The thing is, if that throw was the exception to the rule, I would agree with you. However, he makes a ton of those throws in the flat, on slants, etc., etc., when there is no reason to. So it is far more likely that he didn't throw it there on purpose.

I was just saying that DB wasn't the only reason they lost the games they lost last year. I am also not saying that DB was the only reason they won in that streak either. I never suggested that Bledsoe was great. I think he is average as well. I just don't think average is necessarily a terrible thing.
Nobody I know has ever said he was the only reason we sucked. This argument is so overdone it's mind boggling. :crazy:

Average is not a terrible thing, unless you are paying elite money for average. Then it is terrible thing.

JP is the man and I just wish Drew would retire so we don't have to have these "debates" anymore.

Go Bills. :up:

Novacane
09-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Come on.... The board almost always keeps track of old Bills players.

Fine...........then don't ***** about it if he has a ****ty game and we make threads about it

finsrclowns
09-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Fine...........then don't ***** about it if he has a ****ty game and we make threads about it

Go to Cowboys Zone for that. This is a Bills board. :funny:

Novacane
09-12-2005, 04:39 PM
Go to Cowboys Zone for that. This is a Bills board. :funny:

you Bledsoe lovers started it

finsrclowns
09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
you Bledsoe lovers started it

Actually you did.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=79945

Personally I don't care whether people post positively or negatively about Bledsoe or if they don't post at all- it's a free country. He's not here anymore but I harbor no ill will to a guy who did his best even if it wasn't enough. Hate is corrosive- let it go. Your man is doing well, why isn't that enough?

Novacane
09-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey clowns did you noitce the Bills won yesterday and JP played well? Why have your only posts in the last 24hrs been to defend Drew?

Luisito23
09-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I never hated or bashed Bledsoe, and I wish him the best against anyone but us......
Congrats Drew....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

finsrclowns
09-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey clowns did you noitce the Bills won yesterday and JP played well? Why have your only posts in the last 24hrs been to defend Drew?

I haven't been defending Drew- more busting your thin skin. :D: I just found the irony of you posting a slam Bledsoe thread and then attacking anyone that posted anything positive about him amusing. Sue me. I support JP and as I just said- he played well.

Tasker
09-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Whatever, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure in wins, NO quarterback makes mistakes. I'm sure Montana never fumbled or threw an INT in their wins. Michael Vick, the most athletic QB and best running QB in the game was sacked more than Bledsoe last year.

Nice facts by the way. I'm glad you showed only the negatives. It shows your way of thinking.
I showed 9 of the LAST 10 games of the season.

And you called it the negatives.
I see 2 good games of 9.

Then you compare VIcks sacks to Drew Bledsoes?

You continue to display no knowledge for the game.

Vicks sacks have a little something to do with his 800 rushing yards he gets, which most 5th graders could tell you makes that comparison absolutely useless.

Perhaps sticking to making comments about uniform colors would be more your speed.

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 11:34 PM
:doh: