PDA

View Full Version : Question

Devin
09-11-2005, 11:28 PM
I am not arguing one side or the other, merely posing the question. I personally feel better with the "A" option myself simply because I feel we will be able to better stretch money. Nothing personal against Nate......But im curious what you guys think.

Say McGahee has the monster year we all think he will.

Would you:

A. Franchise Nate, get a pick or two and extend McGahee/other free-agents.

B. Sign Nate to the 50-60 mil contract he will no doubt command (and perhaps deserves) but suffer the potential cap problems or inability to career multiple large contracts.

While defense wins championships I feel McGahee is the better long term investment. Not only for the team on the field but with Moulds gone in a year or two securing these younger guys imo is priority.

jdenning
09-11-2005, 11:45 PM
I absolutely love nate I think he is the best shut down corner in the game.... I feel the same way about McGahee running the ball it is such a toss up but if I had to pick I would give Nate his money simply because I think it is much harder to find a corner like Nate then to find a quality rb... I hope they figure something out to keep both of them but now days its so hard to do that but for now im going to enjoy both of them on the team this season and hope for the best

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 08:07 AM
The question is: Do you have or can you get what you need to replace Nate? Right now, the answer is no. Re-sign him.

jamze132
09-12-2005, 09:11 AM
It's obvious our defense is better than our offense. Losing Mcgahee would really put some pressure on our offense. Losing Clements would hurt a little, but they are good enough to adapt and be successful. However, it may not even come down to this. McGahee is here for another 3-4 years.

Jimbuktu
09-12-2005, 09:14 AM
very tough call, very tough indeed ... you also have to look at the age of some of our defenders ... milloy, vincent, adams and fletcher will not be around forever ... i say franchise nate, and extend willis' contract while he still feels loyal to the bills for taking a chance on him in the first round ...

let's not forget either though, that JP (if he continues to play well), big Mike Williams and Lee Evans will also need some nice contracts