PDA

View Full Version : Party while you can

camelcowboy
09-11-2005, 11:53 PM
Great game today, JP looked good, defense is stout, but remember we go into Tampa Bay next week. You know that team that just spanked the vikings on their home field. Its going to be a tought game, one of the best all year. Caddy looked good against a defence that was suppose to be good. Their defence will also be a very tough test.

Remeber when we smacked the patriots around in our home opener a couple years ago. Well we went 6-10 after that. Im just trying to stay a little grounded here.

If we go into tampa bay and have a similar game. Then who knows what this team can do. One game at a time. I'll tell you one thing if JP throws that pass and hits Derrick Brooks in the hand he is going to catch it, he's no Antwan Peek.

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 01:31 AM
If he makes some of the throw he made today we're in for a long day.

There was 1 drive I remember where he threw 3 straight passes in to the D's arms and he lucked out because they were all dropped. He can't make those passes against Tampa's secondary.

Tinboy
09-12-2005, 01:49 AM
The key still is running the game, Texans did a good job stopping the run in the first half but when after that Willis ripped the field. I think it's the same at the Tampa game. Run the ball a lot and wear down there def.

colin
09-12-2005, 08:04 AM

There was 1 drive I remember where he threw 3 straight passes in to the D's arms and he lucked out because they were all dropped. He can't make those passes against Tampa's secondary.

not true, he had the one terrible pass into a guy's hands. he looked decent if not great on most drives (i have the game recorded).

tamp can play D, but they had 4 or 5 turnovers and were letting the vikings march to the end zone in the last minute only up by 4 and then a fluke tip got int'ed and that led too a touch.

they have HORRIBLE pass protection and we will be getting more turnovers.

will be tougher for our O, but we will end up winning.

Novacane
09-12-2005, 08:34 AM

What game were you watching? He had 1 dropped Int.

STAMPY
09-12-2005, 08:39 AM

freeman doesn't know anything bout football. if he did, he wouldn't have made such an incorrect statement. typical justin freeman hot air

Philagape
09-12-2005, 08:42 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=80018

casdhf
09-12-2005, 08:43 AM
there were more than 1...I was thinking 2 or 3 too.

Novacane
09-12-2005, 08:57 AM
there were more than 1...I was thinking 2 or 3 too.

They may have tipped a couple more but there was only 1 blatent in thier hands should have had it INT.

Jimbuktu
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
let's be serious here ... we are playing a team quarterbacked by BRIAN GRIESE ... our defense is going to feast on that offense alive and then devour their souls ... Losman will only get better ...

justasportsfan
09-12-2005, 09:13 AM
just like yesterday, Losman doesn't have to win the game. As long as he's efficient , we'll be fine. I'd like to see our ST step up against the Bucs.

jamze132
09-12-2005, 09:15 AM
It will be a battle of the defenses and which ever team ends up with the overall better field position, will probably win. I still say that our defense is better than theirs, so there you have it. Bills 20-13

Jimbuktu
09-12-2005, 09:19 AM
i'm gonna have to say Bills 30, Bucs 6 ... we will find the endzone more often this time ... Willis is due for a 50-plus yarder, Evans or Moulds scores as well ... JP bootleg ...

TigerJ
09-12-2005, 10:19 AM
I agree that the Buccaneers look like a much tougher opponent than the Texans, but I expect that Losman will have calmed down some from this week. He was really hyped up I think. Game two will be tough, but I'm not conceding anything.

CAbills
09-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Cadillac had 77 yards on 26 carries which is TERRIBLE, until a minute left in the 4th with the game out of reach and pulled out a 71 yard TD run. So stats can be misleading. He was doing nothing until that final play, Griese also threw two picks.

The defense of Tampa could be something to worry about. Either they are back to their Superbowl form or Culpepper had one of his worst games of his career.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2005, 10:33 AM

1) The 1 to the LB.
2) The long pass down the field he threw up for grabs in double coverage and both Houston players were going for it and dropped it. (3rd Qtr. I think)
3) The other one when Josh Reed ran the correct rout and Losman threw the ball behind him. (2nd Qtr I think)

Im sure there was more.

He did make a few nice passes. Mostly in the first qtr. After that he didnt really do much.

ublinkwescore
09-12-2005, 10:36 AM
just like yesterday, Losman doesn't have to win the game. As long as he's efficient , we'll be fine. I'd like to see our ST step up against the Bucs.

Right now, this is true, but I really can't wait until Losman earns Mularkey and Wyche's confidence enough to where they set him loose on teams - if we still have a defense when that day comes, and we still have great weapons on O, the NFL had better watch out - we'll be getting the same amount of love the Pats are getting right now.

Devin
09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Op and I were chatting about this game yesterday.

I seriously dont worry about our D, a bit naive but they are imo just that good. I am more worried about JP Vs. the Bucs secondary.

JP restored most my confidence yesterday, the kid had a great game. But simple mistakes anyone makes Vs. the Bucs secondary will result in 7 the other way.

Gunzlingr
09-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Cadillac had 77 yards on 26 carries which is TERRIBLE, until a minute left in the 4th with the game out of reach and pulled out a 71 yard TD run. So stats can be misleading. He was doing nothing until that final play, Griese also threw two picks.

The defense of Tampa could be something to worry about. Either they are back to their Superbowl form or Culpepper had one of his worst games of his career.

The Vikes beat themselves. Culpepper had no time, and TB only rushed 4 most of the time. The Vikes D is poor, they gave up plays that most teams wouldnt. After watching the TB - Mn game, we definitely have a good chance of winning.

Novacane
09-12-2005, 11:57 AM
1) The 1 to the LB.
2) The long pass down the field he threw up for grabs in double coverage and both Houston players were going for it and dropped it. (3rd Qtr. I think)
3) The other one when Josh Reed ran the correct rout and Losman threw the ball behind him. (2nd Qtr I think)

Im sure there was more.

He did make a few nice passes. Mostly in the first qtr. After that he didnt really do much.

the long pass was underthrown because of pressure and Evans came back to break it up. It was not a dropped INT. You Bashers expect every pass to be perfect! Maybe the NFL should start keeping and "almost intercepted" stat :rolleyes:

Novacane
09-12-2005, 12:02 PM

:lmao: Now you know the play calls too? How do you know Reed "ran the correct route". Did Mularkey tell you :lmao: JP went up and was talking to Reed like he ran the wrong route. And the ball was not almost intercepted. You are just a Losman hater. Everytime a db gets a finger on the ball you're gonna say it was a ball that should have been intercepted :rolleyes:

Drive 4 Five
09-12-2005, 12:12 PM
The Vikes D was SUPPOSED to be good, our defense IS good and has already proven that. Look I was thrilled with the win, and I am very encouraged of what I saw from Losman yesterday. Now I'm not sayng that we are ready to hand the Patriot's a well deserved ass beating just yet, but the teams we will face early on are very beatable and should be beaten. They are teams (including the Bucs) that Losman can afford to make a couple of mistakes against because our D is capable of bailing us out. So long as he improves each week and we can steal some of these games, we'll be much improved and ready when the hated Patriots come to the Ralph in December. So for me, it was a great TEAM win and I emphasize TEAM because I felt that everyone (including Lindell) contributed. I expect more of the same from this team and hopefully a little less negativity from some of the doomsayers on this board.

No disrespect intended.

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 12:56 PM
not true, he had the one terrible pass into a guy's hands.
What game were you watching? He had 1 dropped Int. The play right after that one that was dropped. I thought I remember him throwing another bad pass on the very next play. :idunno: