PDA

View Full Version : Best D?

FlyingDutchman
09-12-2005, 12:43 AM
David Carr said a couple of times while getting interviewed after the game, that he was just so lost out there. He said something about how he never knew what they were doing and that they were one of the best Ds he ever faced....heres a little article on the game, and there is one quote by him in there...Gotta love it....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250911002

MTBillsFan
09-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Favre said nearly the same thing after we kicked the Packers butts in the scrimage...is this going to be the trend? I think so...

GO BILLS!

Throne Logic
09-12-2005, 12:54 AM
It's a much stronger statement coming from Favre, but I'll take it from Dave, too!

They do need to work on stopping the QB scrambles. Carr managed a couple runs, including that TD. Vick will certainly do more damage if those holes aren't addressed in two weeks. Nitpicking, yes. But it's only week one and I'm thinking ahead.

120 total yards. . .heh.

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 01:29 AM
I heard Carr said he hadn't felt that uncomfortable against a defense since 3rd grade! But watching the game I can see why he said it, everybody was hitting their holes and blowing by the O-Line... he had VERY LITTLE time to throw all day. The fact that they held them to 120 something total yards is ridiculous.

I just hope these knuckleheads in the media actually start giving the D its props.

They are still all over Baltimore and why - I have no idea, esp after they got stomped on today!

Tinboy
09-12-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah our def look solid out there yesterday, love the way they put pressure on Carr forcing him to make bad throws.

JD
09-12-2005, 03:23 AM
"That's as helpless as I've felt playing quarterback since I've been in the third grade," Carr said.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sportsuser101
09-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Yeah our def look solid out there yesterday, love the way they put pressure on Carr forcing him to make bad throws.
Looked solid? You can't come up with a better word then that? Dominating is a better word.

pintonick96
09-12-2005, 07:18 AM
We always had pressure on Carr. Then again, he's the same guy who got sacked more than Bledsoe.

Vick scares me after letting Carr run so much on us.

madness
09-12-2005, 07:23 AM
:bf1: Carr

Thanks for the material!

don137
09-12-2005, 07:27 AM
The Bills defense was very dominant yesterday. Throw in the 12th man and it will be very difficult to play at the Ralph this year.
If Losman can play smart like he did today the Bills could potentially be a playoff team.
The Bills still are not respected by the media but that is fine. CBS threw out the question of who will be the surprise team this year and listed 4 or 5 teams and Buffalo was not in the mix. Funny thing is there is always one surprise team every year but it never seems to be one of the potential surprise teams that is mentioned at the beginning of the year. Once the Bills earns the respect by winning they will the respect.

TigerJ
09-12-2005, 10:42 AM
It's a much stronger statement coming from Favre, but I'll take it from Dave, too!

They do need to work on stopping the QB scrambles. Carr managed a couple runs, including that TD. Vick will certainly do more damage if those holes aren't addressed in two weeks. Nitpicking, yes. But it's only week one and I'm thinking ahead.

120 total yards. . .heh.Actually, I don't put much stock in statements made about scrimmages. Coaches game plan even less for scrimmages than for preseason games. Green Bay was totally caught off guard by Buffalo's blitzing. I know why Buffalo did it, because that is the way they play defense, but when you don't game plan for it you're pretty much going to be helpless.