PDA

View Full Version : Losman sacked only once

jmb1099
09-12-2005, 07:01 AM
There are a few guys here (you know who you are) that still seem to think that Losman wasn't very impressive. Consider the fact that he was only sacked one time, didn't turn the ball over, and rushed for thirty yards...you can't convince me that this isn't a serious upgrade over last year.

casdhf
09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
he had time on that play too, he made one guy miss and then got caught from behind while trying to roll out.

jmb1099
09-12-2005, 07:08 AM
His awareness of the rush is very impressive.

Tatonka
09-12-2005, 07:37 AM
get on the train now before it leaves.

Philagape
09-12-2005, 08:39 AM
I could not have asked for a better performance.
JP had good pocket presence. He wasn't flustered. One sack -- and he deserves credit for that as much as the line.
He was a leader, even getting in Josh Reed's face after a drop.
His throws were crisp, strong and accurate, even while on the run.
He knew when to take off. He knew when to get rid of the ball.
He executed plays designed for him just as they were planned. He pulled off fakes well. The TD to Peters was a veteran's play.
He made a few bad throws, but the only one I'd call horrendous was the dropped INT. That would not have cost us the game.
Judging him by regular starting NFL standards, he did exactly what he should do. He didn't light it up, but he managed the game well, kept the Texans D honest to open up room for McGahee, and kept mistakes to a minimum. His predecessor (ahem) had maybe two or three games last year as good as this one.
Judging him by first NFL start standards, he was extraordinary. We got a good one. :up:

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 08:47 AM
He was very poised. Even on the one scramble he was trying to set up his blockers in the flat rather than just heading out on his own. The kid did a lot of good things. You can piciune over the height of the pass to Peters or the one almost-interception. The only thing they need to work on is Red-Zone. The defensive gave them enough chances to put up 35 at least. The coaches gave him enough to win with. No reason to just air it out 50 yards every quarter. They threw long a couple of times. Went for the end zone after the one turnover. I thought it was text book. Next test: On the road in Tampa.

colin
09-12-2005, 08:49 AM
he still has a ways to go before he does everything we want him too, but the biggest thing is that what bledsoe sucked at he is much better at. you can't just blitz us anymore, and with our new run blocking focussed line JP makes the D play back a bit because they just can't go gangbusters all the time.

the messy stuff works well for JP, and he has a nice touch on the screens.

he will learn the whole game, but the one thing i think we really need from him this year is red zone play.

he has to do the corner drop passes, scramble and roll out for touch down passes, and hit the cross over the middle.

i think we have a play off team here, but for us to beat NE, PITTS, INDY, KC, and Philly we need to convert red zone trips into touch downs, and we can't do it with running alone.

his ability to command the O is certainly better than I thought it would be tho. i wanna see him score 3 tds against tampa next week.

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 08:54 AM
he still has a ways to go before he does everything we want him too, but the biggest thing is that what bledsoe sucked at he is much better at. you can't just blitz us anymore, and with our new run blocking focussed line JP makes the D play back a bit because they just can't go gangbusters all the time.

the messy stuff works well for JP, and he has a nice touch on the screens.

he will learn the whole game, but the one thing i think we really need from him this year is red zone play.

he has to do the corner drop passes, scramble and roll out for touch down passes, and hit the cross over the middle.

i think we have a play off team here, but for us to beat NE, PITTS, INDY, KC, and Philly we need to convert red zone trips into touch downs, and we can't do it with running alone.

his ability to command the O is certainly better than I thought it would be tho. i wanna see him score 3 tds against tampa next week.
One play I still remember...Houston put in a 1 down lineman front...they blew the play up big time...the coaches will have to add that to the things to teach about...Belichick and his cronies will come up with variations of their 2-man, 1-man and no-DL look and swamp this team if the coaches don't come up with something ahead of time.

Novacane
09-12-2005, 09:01 AM
He was very poised. Even on the one scramble he was trying to set up his blockers in the flat rather than just heading out on his own. The kid did a lot of good things. You can piciune over the height of the pass to Peters or the one almost-interception. .

That throw to Peters had to be high. A defender was right in JPs face. If he throws it lower the guy prolly knocks it away.

TacklingDummy
09-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Keeps taking off and running like he does he will end up hurt.

He was given alot of time to throw the ball sometimes and he ended up scrambling around or taking off running. You can't tell me no one was open all the times he did this, not with the WR we have. I think he may be alittle gun shy at the moment.