PDA

View Full Version : Henry is DA MAN!

northernbillfan
01-04-2003, 05:16 AM
Earlier this season I was ridiculed for saying Henry would have a 1500 yard season, and I meant rushing then. I was even bold enough to suggest a 2000 yard total season.

Well Henry was 62 yards away from reaching 1500, and overall 253 from attaining the elusive 2000 yard mark. Take away his fumbles, and he well surpassed the 2000 mark.

He even had more 125+ yard games than any back in the league. Now he may have been overshadowed by Williams preformance for Miami, but he is one of the best backs in the league.

I will always be a huge Travis Henry fan, and I still believe he is the next Emmitt Smith/Sweetness/Jim Brown.

Typ0
01-04-2003, 05:19 AM
I hardly think it's a "Da Man" situation when you have to qualify his performance by saying "take away his fumbles"...LOL

German
01-04-2003, 05:26 AM
He's definetly on the right track though.

Any running back is going to put the ball on the ground every now and then and he did a lot better job protecting it in the second part of the season.

Nbf is right, Henry will be huge force for the Bills in the future (if he doesn't get injured)

northernbillfan
01-04-2003, 05:26 AM
He only had 8 fumbles.

Henry also averaged 4.4 yds per carry, and scored 13 TDs for us. He's pretty close to being 'Da Man', IMHO.

Typ0
01-04-2003, 05:40 AM
"Only" 8 fumbles...LOL. Actually he had 11 fumbles and 8 of them were lost. I can think of three of them we probably would have won the games if he hadn't put the ball on the turf. I really enjoyed Henry's performance along with everyone else but I am not going to elevate him to "Da Man" status. I'm more likely going to equate each lost fumble with 100 yards of offense for the opponent so his "net yards" after this very unofficial calculation would be 638. He had a lost fumble in each of our last three games too by the way. I'd much rather have a 1000 yard rusher with one lost fumble than a 1500 yard rusher with 8 fumbles. 8 is a pathetic amount of times for a RB to lose the ball.

justasportsfan
01-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
Earlier this season I was ridiculed for saying Henry would have a 1500 yard season, and I meant rushing then. I was even bold enough to suggest a 2000 yard total season.

Well Henry was 62 yards away from reaching 1500, and overall 253 from attaining the elusive 2000 yard mark. Take away his fumbles, and he well surpassed the 2000 mark.

He even had more 125+ yard games than any back in the league. Now he may have been overshadowed by Williams preformance for Miami, but he is one of the best backs in the league.

I will always be a huge Travis Henry fan, and I still believe he is the next Emmitt Smith/Sweetness/Jim Brown.

But if you take away his longest rushing yards.......

don137
01-04-2003, 08:45 AM
I think Henry is a great back but I am not ready to say he is the next Payton or Emmitt. Many backs look awesome there first few years and then injuries start to compound because of the pounding of the position. Look at Terrell Davis and Edjerrin James. They looked destined gor greatness but after 3 or 4 god years injuries got the best of them. To withstand that type of pounding year in and year out makes players like Payton and Emmitt so much more special. Henry has the potential but only time will tell how great he will be.

Cntrygal
01-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
"Only" 8 fumbles...LOL. Actually he had 11 fumbles and 8 of them were lost. I can think of three of them we probably would have won the games if he hadn't put the ball on the turf. I really enjoyed Henry's performance along with everyone else but I am not going to elevate him to "Da Man" status. I'm more likely going to equate each lost fumble with 100 yards of offense for the opponent so his "net yards" after this very unofficial calculation would be 638. He had a lost fumble in each of our last three games too by the way. I'd much rather have a 1000 yard rusher with one lost fumble than a 1500 yard rusher with 8 fumbles. 8 is a pathetic amount of times for a RB to lose the ball.

Anybody know what the comparisons for all the RB's are? Just total yards/total fumbles please... no need to get complicated (or boring :D )

Originally posted by justasportsfan
But if you take away his longest rushing yards.......

:lol: You read my mind!!!

4thAndLong
01-04-2003, 09:18 AM
Didn't Garrison Hearst have fumbling problems early in his career too?

I think TH will get past coughing the ball up. If he doesn't, we could always try Morris or Burns at RB.

JefftheBillsfan
01-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Ahman Green had major fumbling problems as well. Once Henry fixes that, he very well may be the man.

Ð
01-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Yup, that's why he's in Green Bay. Silly Seahwawks :D

Actually lots of fumbles go hand in hand with lots of yards.
Of the top 10 fumble losers in the league this year, 4 of them were the # 1 Rusher (Ricky Williams), # 4 Rusher (Clinton Portis) # 5 Rusher (Travis Henry) and # 6 Rusher (Jamal Lewis).

Correlation? hmmmmm....