PDA

View Full Version : Preston steps up to line

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Buffalo Bills rookie offensive lineman Duke Preston got his first taste of NFL regular-season action, though it came a little later than he expected. He practiced with the starters most of the week because right guard Chris Villarrial injured his ankle.

Villarrial started the game, but Preston replaced him late in the second quarter and played the rest of the game. "I was ready to go all week because I had taken so many reps," Preston said. "But standing on the sideline was tough for me, wondering if I was going to get in and watching to see if Chris was going to make it. In the end I was just happy to get a chance to play and help the team." http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050912/1045054.asp

jamze132
09-12-2005, 09:01 AM
I was very impressed with Duke Preston. No penalties and I think he successfully completed all of his assignments. :bf1:

Tinboy
09-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Preston was a good draft choice and I was impressed by him.

Tatonka
09-12-2005, 09:17 AM
the running game picked up immediately when preston came in and replaced Villarial.. not that he is a better player than CV on a normal day (at least right now) but obviously CV was hurting.

colin
09-12-2005, 09:27 AM
we'll have a guy to replace CV in a couple years, we don't need pace or ogden on our line, we need some quality and some young guys to grow into roles.

nearly all of our team is home grown, with the notable exception of the entire center of our D (sam, the LBs, and the safeties).