PDA

View Full Version : Zone Original: Alex (mysticsoto) Soto

northernbillfan
09-12-2005, 10:41 AM
On a beautiful Sunday morning excitment was in the air as Buffalo Bills fans began pouring into the stadium parking lots in hoards! Nothing strange about that…except that it was 9:30 in the morning! Unheard of traffic jams at this hour were virtually along every major road anywhere close to the Ralph. It seemed to take forever just to get to the traditional pregame party known as the tailgate. People didn't mind because inside they knew it was from the added security due to the anniversary of 9-11.

Full article (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/09/12/buffalo_bills_week_one_review_houston_we_have_a_problem.php)

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Excellent read, soto ....although honestly, I didn't see extra security for getting into the lots...just the stadium

The last buffalo fan
09-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Good work, Thank you mysticsoto again. For those who can not be there (myself included), it is very important and of course very descriptive.

mysticsoto
09-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Excellent read, soto ....although honestly, I didn't see extra security for getting into the lots...just the stadium
I...didn't mention anything about security. There were just traffic jams b'cse everybody was coming out early and pumped up for the game (and I'm sure the beautiful weather helped contribute a bit).

The "pat down" security thing was a joke. They did two pats on me on my waist and thighs and told me to go on. Nevermind what I had in my pockets. My phone was in there and for all they know, could've been some type of weapon or a liquor bottle or anything. It looks like this was more a procedural thing than something that would actually catch anything or anyone that might be trying to do something...

mysticsoto
09-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Good work, Thank you mysticsoto again. For those who can not be there (myself included), it is very important and of course very descriptive.
You, and amazing far away fans like you are why I write these articles. I am amazed at the Bills fandom across the world and tip my hat off to you. It certainly must be hard to be a Bills fan so far away. Rest assured that anything I can do to make you visualize our experience every Sunday will be done.

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I...didn't mention anything about security. There were just traffic jams b'cse everybody was coming out early and pumped up for the game (and I'm sure the beautiful weather helped contribute a bit).ok...I thought you might've been inferring that the traffic jams were due to security going from these
It seemed to take forever just to get to the traditional pregame party known as the tailgate. People didn't mind because inside they knew it was from the added security due to the anniversary of 9-11.

northernbillfan
09-12-2005, 01:08 PM
My bad. I added the security part to lengthen the first paragraph. Thought that's why there was slow down getting to the lot.

madness
09-12-2005, 01:24 PM
You, and amazing far away fans like you are why I write these articles. I am amazed at the Bills fandom across the world and tip my hat off to you. It certainly must be hard to be a Bills fan so far away. Rest assured that anything I can do to make you visualize our experience every Sunday will be done.
I'm one of those fans! Thanks! Well, I'm not far at all being in east Pa but I get absolutely no coverage of the Bills around here.

Night Train
09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
The "pat down" security thing was a joke. They did two pats on me on my waist and thighs and told me to go on. Nevermind what I had in my pockets. My phone was in there and for all they know, could've been some type of weapon or a liquor bottle or anything. It looks like this was more a procedural thing than something that would actually catch anything or anyone that might be trying to do something...
The guy giving me the patdown would have found cookies and ignored the 5 sticks of nitro taped to my waist. He had to be 400 lbs and seemed excited with his duties.

" Freeze ! Are those Snickers bars !! " :drool2:

northernbillfan
09-13-2005, 02:59 AM
:rofl: