• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Carr was out of bounds

I seen a replay on ESPN....his foot was out of bounds before the ball crossed the line or even touched the pilon.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Carr was out of bounds

1.) the ball does not have to cross the line, all the ball has to do is have the nose of the ball break the very front of the white line. it doesn't have to cross it. If the tip of the ball barely cross's the beginning of the white line its a TD

2.) The fact that half of the ball made contact with the pylon as his foot stepped out of bounds is further proof that it was indeed a TD.

Comment

• kevinj22
      • Feb 2005

I was wondering why we didn't at least challenge the play. We had nothing to lose.

Comment

• Fairway
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kevinj22
        I was wondering why we didn't at least challenge the play. We had nothing to lose.

Bills had already used all 3 timeouts so they could not challenge

Comment

• Sportsuser101
          • Feb 2005

He was out of bounds. It was close but his foot was on the line before the ball went over the pylon.
          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

I was screaming that when it happened. Touching the pylon doesn't mean anything. Fortunately it didn't effect the outcome of the game. Bad call by the officials, they gave them that touchdown with all of the defensive penalties on that drive.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              He was out of bounds. It was close but his foot was on the line before the ball went over the pylon.

exactly.
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

I think the call on the field was the correct call. It was close enough to give Carr the benefit of the doubt.

Fact of the matter is, if the Bills hadn't used up all there timeouts it would have been reveresed. Let's face it, with over 6 minutes remaining in the game the Bills should have had timeouts remaining for review. Don't get me wrong though, I think they used the timeouts in the first half wisely.

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

YES he was out of Bounds and the refs blo it again
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

Hey at least we know we havnt allowed a single point yet.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I thought he was out of bounds, too, but I was sitting at the other end of the field and had had several Molsons. The officials, presumably, weren't even drinking.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Don't waste timeouts. Lesson learned.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

While I thought he was out of bounds, I think that it was good for the Bills that he was given the TD. Buffalo scored a TD on their drive immediately following. Had they started from the one foot line, where they would have been had Carr not been awarded the TD, they probably would not have scored their own TD. I think it was more important for the offence's confidence that Buffalo score the TD than for the D to pitch a shoutout.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Here's the proof. Look at how much his foot was out of bounds.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

That's no proof at all. His foot hasn't hit yet, so it doesn't matter how far out it is. Also, it is impossible to tell how far forward the ball is in this picture.
                              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
                              X