PDA

View Full Version : Security at the Ralph..

Northern Stampede
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM
I've been attending Bills games for several years now, and this being my first year as a Season ticket holder, but I must say I wasn't impressed by the way the new 'pat down' procedure was organized... I mean here's Donohoe saying don't show up 5 min before kickoff and expect to make it in on time, show up 15 min earlier... My Mother and I showed up at the gates a half hour before gametime, and we still missed the introductions... We were there for the anthem, but it was my Mother's first live game and was hoping to catch it all... Guess Im gonna have to start going into the stadium an hour before the game... It just kinda sux, because it was never that way before....

Uncle Jesse
09-12-2005, 03:24 PM
I went into the stadium around noon, and there was no line getting in at all. I went and did a lap around, got some food and enjoyed warm ups in the hot sun, it wasnt bad.

DMBcrew36
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
wow... i can't believe what im reading

i left for the gate at 12:45 .... got in at 12:50 ... they weren't even patting people down.... just briefly looking at everyone

honey
09-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I didn't get patted down, either - AND they didn't search my bag. :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
09-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Took me maybe 5 minutes to get in and was patted down.

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 04:07 PM
I went right into the stadium. No holdup at all. :idunno:

Iehoshua
09-12-2005, 04:09 PM
We walked right in, too. Virtually no wait.

corry20
09-12-2005, 04:12 PM
I had a camera case and they wouldn't let me bring it in I didn't want to go back to the car so they just threw it out.Girls could bring anything in rugsacks and purses you name it.If you go to a game don't bring anything.

Cntrygal
09-12-2005, 04:52 PM
I had a camera case and they wouldn't let me bring it in I didn't want to go back to the car so they just threw it out.Girls could bring anything in rugsacks and purses you name it.If you go to a game don't bring anything.

I plan on emailing OBD about that. I had my camera case with me too and the guy said "it's been announced on the radio for weeks that you won't be able to bring it in - UNLESS you can put it in your pocket or purse". So I told him that I was in for the game from SOUTH DAKOTA and I didn't get to hear the local radio broadcasts. Thankfully, CW was a few people behind me in line and he was able to put the case in his cargo pocket. Plus the security guy told him that HE should've told me that I wouldn't be able to carry it in. Now my question is... WTF is the big deal about a cannon A60 camera case by itself? WTF can I hide in it that I couldn't hide in a huge purse if I were so inclined to carry one? This makes no sense.

Michael82
09-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I had no problems at the line. I carried a clear plastic bag with my jacket in (I always carry it in case it rains or whatever) and some mints. I also carried my Camera in my camera bag with no problem. I wore it around my shoulder and the guy looked at it and then let me go in. I did get quickly patted down, but with no problem. It took me about 5 minutes. I did learn something though. Scout the different security lines and you'll be able to tell which line to go thru. I picked the guy that was quickly "patting" people and no even asking about any camera bags or regular bags.

casdhf
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Good thinking, mike!

Cntrygal
09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
The rules should be the same though. AND... it makes ZERO sense to prohibit a camera case, but allow a purse. Of course, the guy that told me the camera cases were prohibited also told me that I could legally have it IF I put it in a purse or in a pocket. Pretty pathetic.

BillsFever21
09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
I didn't have any problem with my line either. He just patted down the pockets on my cargo pants. He was patting down at random. About 1 in every 5 got patted down.

Historian
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
We got in pretty quick, after an asscupping from a security guard.

It certainly wasn't as pleasurable as Miyagi though.

:D

imbondz
09-12-2005, 08:39 PM
I plan on emailing OBD about that. I had my camera case with me too and the guy said "it's been announced on the radio for weeks that you won't be able to bring it in - UNLESS you can put it in your pocket or purse". So I told him that I was in for the game from SOUTH DAKOTA and I didn't get to hear the local radio broadcasts. Thankfully, CW was a few people behind me in line and he was able to put the case in his cargo pocket. Plus the security guy told him that HE should've told me that I wouldn't be able to carry it in. Now my question is... WTF is the big deal about a cannon A60 camera case by itself? WTF can I hide in it that I couldn't hide in a huge purse if I were so inclined to carry one? This makes no sense.
oh Cgal :(

you should know all the rules beforehand

imbondz
09-12-2005, 08:40 PM
The rules should be the same though. AND... it makes ZERO sense to prohibit a camera case, but allow a purse. Of course, the guy that told me the camera cases were prohibited also told me that I could legally have it IF I put it in a purse or in a pocket. Pretty pathetic.you're right, it makes no sense at all, but still :lolpoint: :cgal:

BAM
09-12-2005, 09:18 PM
Really no wait at all here either.

Dozerdog
09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
I plan on emailing OBD about that. I had my camera case with me too and the guy said "it's been announced on the radio for weeks that you won't be able to bring it in - UNLESS you can put it in your pocket or purse". So I told him that I was in for the game from SOUTH DAKOTA and I didn't get to hear the local radio broadcasts. Thankfully, CW was a few people behind me in line and he was able to put the case in his cargo pocket. Plus the security guy told him that HE should've told me that I wouldn't be able to carry it in. Now my question is... WTF is the big deal about a cannon A60 camera case by itself? WTF can I hide in it that I couldn't hide in a huge purse if I were so inclined to carry one? This makes no sense.You should have stuffed it down your pants like this guy

http://images2.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/53256599RS007_Texan_Bills091120_lower.jpg

bills_7
09-12-2005, 11:48 PM
thr was a big line but me and my buddies kina jst cut in.. quick pat down got right in 2mins it took... at 1255... but thr were lines around myb we jst got lucky

JD
09-13-2005, 12:34 AM
I showed up just for the pat down and left

:idunno:

Northern Stampede
09-13-2005, 03:30 AM
wow... i can't believe what im reading

i left for the gate at 12:45 .... got in at 12:50 ... they weren't even patting people down.... just briefly looking at everyone

Wow!! I left the parking lot at 12:25 and walked across the street to Gate 1 , and man there was a huge mob of people, and there was literally no movement.. It wasn't until almost the anthems that we got in, they were starting as we were going down the stairs to our seats, we didnt stop for anything when we got in straight through the gate, I never got a program or a magnet, neither did my mother, and we went directly to our seats, I was and still am pretty pissed about it...

Earthquake Enyart
09-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Soldier Field won't let you take umbrellas in. We had to throw ours out. :ill:

Jan Reimers
09-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Here's what I conclude from my experience at the Ralph (my wife and I walked right in, about an hour early, with just a brief check of her fanny pack) and this thread: Skip that last tailgate beer and go in a little early. Why put yourself in the position of being in a large, slow moving line?

Besides, they sell beer inside.

Michael82
09-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Soldier Field won't let you take umbrellas in. We had to throw ours out. :ill:
They havent let umbrellas in the Ralph for many years now. :snicker:

Northern Stampede
09-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Here's what I conclude from my experience at the Ralph (my wife and I walked right in, about an hour early, with just a brief check of her fanny pack) and this thread: Skip that last tailgate beer and go in a little early. Why put yourself in the position of being in a large, slow moving line?

Besides, they sell beer inside.

THats the thing, when I got into Orchard Park, we parked went to the Bills Store, there was a line for that too, then back to the Van, had someting to eat and left for the game at 12:25, so I was planning on entering the gates early, but the security at Gate 1 seemed to have it all messed up...

The_Philster
09-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Besides, they sell beer inside.Not that I would buy beer at the stadium whatever the price but the prices there are quite ridiculous