PDA

View Full Version : Some complaints from Sunday

Pride
09-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I just got done reading Billsology's Article

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/09/12/some_game_day_suggestions_for_the_buffalo_bills.php

And I wanna say that I intended to post this thread PRIOR to reading it... so I am still going to vent. I apologize if there is any redundancy between his article and what I post here.

Starting from 6 AM and working through leaving the parking lots.

1. Open the freaking lots earlier than 9 AM! I fully agree with Billsology on this! We chatted while in line to enter the stadium lots, and we both agree that they need to end this stupid rule now. It is MORE dangerous outside the lot than it is inside the lot!

2. You have all heard me mention that The Ralph is WAAAY behind the times in multimedia enhancements.. but I am going to vent again! I think I am going to start going into the game 2 minutes prior to kickoff, because the pre-game festivities are BORING!!! Here we are... 4 years to the day of the most shocking event in US history.. a perfect time for a wonderfully scripted opening ceremony remembering the past, and celebrating the game and season ahead... and the BILLS Organization BOMBED! It was shameful to watch Nick and Jessica murder their "song"! It is pathetic how the fans acted when Jessica came on... regardless of how it was sung, it was supposed to be a tribute to America, and you jerks (males in the stands) were oohing and ahhing over her! Shut up and have some respect!

The flyover was dull, why not pick a bi prop plane next time! We want fighters! Something with some ZING! Not some lowly (what looked like) cargo plane!

We had all of those brave men and women enter the stadium and do nothing more than hold the flag? How about a tribute to them? How about some type of fireworks display? Something!

What could we do to make the player introductions more exciting? There is a laundry list of things we could do... but since the Bills are too cheap to do them, lets just scrap them altogether, because the current intro is BORING and overdone!

3. Shoot the people who manage the JumboTron... PLEASE! We want a dedicated section of the board for Game Scores from around the NFL. Not just during the quarter transitions! We also want MORE REPLAY's. The largest bonus to watching the games from home, is that you get to see plays over and over again... especially controversial ones and challenges. Why should we be penalized because we are at the stadium?

Side Note: What happened to the charging buffalo on kickoffs????

4. More "runners". I have been to several other big event games. And when you see 1 person during the course of a 3 hour game selling water in the stands... there is something wrong! I am tired of having to get up 45 times a game to let people run to the concession stands... how about bringing the food/drink out to the fans so we dont miss any of the game? The only guy who brought water out was empty by the time he hit his 3rd row of asking people if they wanted water! This is a hint! People will buy MORE if you bring it to them!

5. Hey fans! How about NOT leaving with 7 minutes on the clock?? It wasnt 45-0 here.. the Texans still had a chance!

6. Celebration of champions my ass? I nominate Jim Kelly to do all future half time shows! Billsology is right! Ralph needs to stay up in his comfy suite and watch the half time show!

7. Why doesnt security just stand in the aisles of the tunnel endzone sections? Put 4-5 cops down there.. maybe even unmarked... and let them PREVENT fights, rather than just breaking them up? We all know its going to happen... so why not help prevent them?

8. Yo MORONS!!! Rules for "the wave":
-No wave while we are on offense
-No wave while on 3rd/4th down
-No wave while making a goal line stand
-No wave when up by less than 17

I am sure I could come up with more.. but that'll do for now!

BillsFever21
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
The water thing is what pissed me off about the game.

It was hotter then hell and not once did anyone come by with drinks. I would've been happy to see somebody once. It takes 30 minutes to go wait in line for a drink. I damn near passed out from dehydration.

Novacane
09-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I don't have any comment on the rest but the BIlls did not have a choice on showing Nick and Jessica. That was shown in every NFL stadium that had a 1 pm game yesterday

Novacane
09-12-2005, 03:57 PM
5. Hey fans! How about NOT leaving with 7 minutes on the clock?? It wasnt 45-0 here.. the Texans still had a chance!

!

I tought that one was funny too. Especially since someone started a thread the other day ripping Patriot fans for leaving early. At least they had the late night work the next day excuse.

alohabillsfan
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Someone help, I have been stationed in Hawaii and now Jacksonville for the last 6 years so I have only attended 1 game in that span. What is our theme song for player intros? (God please don't tell me shout!). The Ravens last night had the halloween theme music which is just F#*&ing cool. What shoud the bills use as their identity? What will fire up the players and the fans?

BillsFever21
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
They usually play Thunderstruck.

clumping platelets
09-12-2005, 07:03 PM
The plane was a refueling tanker most likely from Niagara Falls AFB

The choice of plane is likely made from availability/location......nearest fighter planes are either in ohio or Massachusetts

I want a B-52 or B-1 bomber :up:

L.A. Playa
09-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I was very disapointed in having no idea what out of town scores where and there where 0 vendors in my section and I was offended by that Nick andJessica thing heard comments show her ..... have some respect idiots

DMBcrew36
09-12-2005, 07:17 PM
The plane was a refueling tanker most likely from Niagara Falls AFB

The choice of plane is likely made from availability/location......nearest fighter planes are either in ohio or Massachusetts

I want a B-52 or B-1 bomber :up:
yea we have bombers at the Niagara Falls base

in regards to the lack of "flashy entertainment" previously mentioned ... i didn't see a problem... i came to watch some football

Typ0
09-12-2005, 07:45 PM
the thing about the wave just says we have a lot of morons as fans...that was made clear during the flutie days and I'd bet they are the same people. They like the excitement of sports and the crowds...they just don't know squat about football.

I must say the thing about the around the league scores has really turned me off to going to games. Unlike the jerks above, some of us really love the game and are interested in what's going on around the league. You get very little of that in the stadium and it sucks.

BillsFever21
09-12-2005, 07:46 PM
The wave is stupid.

Typ0
09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
the first game I saw in another stadium was the old soldier field...great place. that rickety old stadium has a whole light board dedicated to showing the current score of every other game in progress.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-12-2005, 08:02 PM
I just got done reading Billsology's Article

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2005/09/12/some_game_day_suggestions_for_the_buffalo_bills.php

And I wanna say that I intended to post this thread PRIOR to reading it... so I am still going to vent. I apologize if there is any redundancy between his article and what I post here.

Starting from 6 AM and working through leaving the parking lots.

1. Open the freaking lots earlier than 9 AM! I fully agree with Billsology on this! We chatted while in line to enter the stadium lots, and we both agree that they need to end this stupid rule now. It is MORE dangerous outside the lot than it is inside the lot!

2. You have all heard me mention that The Ralph is WAAAY behind the times in multimedia enhancements.. but I am going to vent again! I think I am going to start going into the game 2 minutes prior to kickoff, because the pre-game festivities are BORING!!! Here we are... 4 years to the day of the most shocking event in US history.. a perfect time for a wonderfully scripted opening ceremony remembering the past, and celebrating the game and season ahead... and the BILLS Organization BOMBED! It was shameful to watch Nick and Jessica murder their "song"! It is pathetic how the fans acted when Jessica came on... regardless of how it was sung, it was supposed to be a tribute to America, and you jerks (males in the stands) were oohing and ahhing over her! Shut up and have some respect!

The flyover was dull, why not pick a bi prop plane next time! We want fighters! Something with some ZING! Not some lowly (what looked like) cargo plane!

We had all of those brave men and women enter the stadium and do nothing more than hold the flag? How about a tribute to them? How about some type of fireworks display? Something!

What could we do to make the player introductions more exciting? There is a laundry list of things we could do... but since the Bills are too cheap to do them, lets just scrap them altogether, because the current intro is BORING and overdone!

3. Shoot the people who manage the JumboTron... PLEASE! We want a dedicated section of the board for Game Scores from around the NFL. Not just during the quarter transitions! We also want MORE REPLAY's. The largest bonus to watching the games from home, is that you get to see plays over and over again... especially controversial ones and challenges. Why should we be penalized because we are at the stadium?

Side Note: What happened to the charging buffalo on kickoffs????

4. More "runners". I have been to several other big event games. And when you see 1 person during the course of a 3 hour game selling water in the stands... there is something wrong! I am tired of having to get up 45 times a game to let people run to the concession stands... how about bringing the food/drink out to the fans so we dont miss any of the game? The only guy who brought water out was empty by the time he hit his 3rd row of asking people if they wanted water! This is a hint! People will buy MORE if you bring it to them!

6. Celebration of champions my ass? I nominate Jim Kelly to do all future half time shows! Billsology is right! Ralph needs to stay up in his comfy suite and watch the half time show!

7. Why doesnt security just stand in the aisles of the tunnel endzone sections? Put 4-5 cops down there.. maybe even unmarked... and let them PREVENT fights, rather than just breaking them up? We all know its going to happen... so why not help prevent them?

I am sure I could come up with more.. but that'll do for now!

The plane that flew over was from Niagara Falls air base the Air base that was on the BRAC's commision list to close and WNY's saved it. .. Those are the type of planes that Niagara falls deploys plus all our fighters are probably still over in Iraq. I agree though I would like to see a fighter fly bye maybe the Stealth Bomber or the F-18's or F-14 Tomcats those are :cool: planes

RedEyE
09-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Couldn't agree more. :bf1: I really don't see the harm in opening the parking lot gates at dawn. Think about how that would cut down on traffic.

I think this was the NFL's choice, although I'm not certain. I whole heartedly agree though. Jessica Simpson is pre-teen adolescent crap.

I willing to bet all available jets were on stanby seeing that it was 9/11.

You're right, this is a major problem. All of the major sports venues that I have attended have a minimum of 2 jumbotrons, not to mention up to the minute stats and scoring. I didn't even know how many yards McGahee had until after the game. The Ralph is behind the times. I think the problem here is that the Bills are funding it, where as most venues have major coporate sponsors. The Bills could use a big time sponsor.

And BEER!! Totally wrong to make the customer do all the work. This should be corrected.

I left because I was thirsty as all hell and burnt to a crisp. I hung in there until the Bills secured a first down under 3 minutes to play. That, and the tailgate that I was attending was still cooking food. I was hungry as hell.

:rofl: At least it happened. In Atlanta they think the wave is just something you do when you pass gas.

Historian
09-12-2005, 08:20 PM
They usually play Thunderstruck.

During the Marv/Wade days, they used to play Alan Parson's Sirius. It used to really get your heart pounding during introductions.

On my headset, they said the plane was from the 107th at NFAFB. The funny thing was, my Brother In Law was griping about the flyover, not because it wasn't a jet, but because 'he' has to pay for it, lol.

I was pretty parched, and saw no vendors either, but I didn't want to sound picayune.

:D

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
bye maybe the Stealth Bomber or the F-18's or F-14 Tomcats those are :cool: planesStealth Bomber...maybe would be cool... F-18 or F-14 http://bestsmileys.com/signs3/22.gif Stick with Air Force Jets like the F-16 or the F-15

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
My two complaint's are Get a better PA announcer you know who it is don't you it's :offtopic:John Gurtler the guy that used to do by play for the SABRES (DAWESOME!) before the SABRES moved RJ to the TV side he still puts me to sleep. Second can't the BILLS make Billy a little bit better I mean look at Tooth (SABRE) and Buster (Bison) now they look real. Billy looks like a nightmare but he's funny to watch.

Michael82
09-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Why the hell are the fans screaming and making tons of noise when the offense is in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage? Don't they realize that the offense needs to be able to hear the play, and get it in, so they don't have to waste a timeout or take a ****ing delay of game penalty? I saw several times where JP Losman, the linemen or some other Offensive players were trying to hush the crowd. And the crowd got louder. WTF!

The fans need some kind of list of rules at the game. That is ridiculous, and it still annoys me when the Bills defense is on my side of the stadium and the damn people stay in their seats and dont make a sound. WTF! I'm going to stand up just to make sure that the people behind me are forced to stand up on 3rd and short. :mad:

BillsFever21
09-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Why the hell are the fans screaming and making tons of noise when the offense is in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage? Don't they realize that the offense needs to be able to hear the play, and get it in, so they don't have to waste a timeout or take a ****ing delay of game penalty? I saw several times where JP Losman, the linemen or some other Offensive players were trying to hush the crowd. And the crowd got louder. WTF!

The fans need some kind of list of rules at the game. That is ridiculous, and it still annoys me when the Bills defense is on my side of the stadium and the damn people stay in their seats and dont make a sound. WTF! I'm going to stand up just to make sure that the people behind me are forced to stand up on 3rd and short. :mad:
That was pissing me off too. It sounded like the Texans had the ball. I can understand they were excited but don't be doucebags and start screaming when we have the ball.

BillsFever21
09-12-2005, 08:50 PM
When Mike stands up the entire section has to. :D

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I haven't seen vendors in the stands at RWS in years...like 10-15 years...maybe more.

Dozerdog
09-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Opening thre lots earlier breaks NFL rules. Blame the guy who sued the New York Giants because he was hit by a drunk driver who got ****faced in ther parking lot of a football game. Too many people are turning a football game into one drunken slob-fest.

While I agree that the scoreboard needs to be updated and one placed at the opposite end, there is too much "multi-media" garbage at the game as it is. I don't need 15 seconds of blasting unintelligible rock noise followed by a bus race, a big coffee cup giving away prizes, and other stupid commercials. But I guess you have to whore yourself out for commercial revenue if you don't over-charge for tickets.

Out of town scores and stats in the game should be more prevailent. But my phone can access the internet for all that stuff, so no biggie.

I left te game at the 7 minute mark. I have a 400 mile drive ahead of me, so getting out when the game has been decided makes the difference between getting home at 9:45 and 11-12 PM.

If the Texans somehow pull off a victory- then I did myself a favor by getting out when i did (see Jax game last year)

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 09:01 PM
We had a couple guys come by with water once...but only the once