PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to Tampa Bay

Kerr
09-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I think our D can shut down their receivers, but the people that concern me on their offense is Cadillac Williams and the TE position, likely in the form of Alex Smith. We did a great job shutting down Dom Davis, but the Cadillac will be another test. Let's face it, for some reason TE's on any opposing team always grab big gains against our D. They need to be accounted for especially since Gruden loves throwing to his TE's in his offense. If our defense any point in the game is stuck in the redzone agains their offense, they need to make sure they don't lose sight of their TE's.

We're going up against a Good D who will try to give J.P. different looks and force him into turnovers. We need to establish the run early on so it takes more pressure off Losman. If anyone thinks this game is going to be an automatic win, then you have another thing coming. This game will be this team's actual first true test, since we're facing one of toughest D's in the league.

tampabay25690
09-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I think our D can shut down their receivers, but the people that concern me on their offense is Cadillac Williams and the TE position, likely in the form of Alex Smith. We did a great job shutting down Dom Davis, but the Cadillac will be another test. Let's face it, for some reason TE's on any opposing team always grab big gains against our D. They need to be accounted for especially since Gruden loves throwing to his TE's in his offense. If our defense any point in the game is stuck in the redzone agains their offense, they need to make sure they don't lose sight of their TE's.

We're going up against a Good D who will try to give J.P. different looks and force him into turnovers. We need to establish the run early on so it takes more pressure off Losman. If anyone thinks this game is going to be an automatic win, then you have another thing coming. This game will be this team's actual first true test, since we're facing one of toughest D's in the league.

There will be alot of Bills fans there to support our Bills.....

Crisis
09-12-2005, 06:00 PM
The Bills have more problems with Backs with good power...

Rudi Johnson, Corey Dillon...

I think the Cadillac gets shut down.

frank74
09-12-2005, 06:25 PM
red zone worries me a bit. i think we will need more than a touchdown to win next week.

Luisito23
09-12-2005, 06:38 PM
red zone worries me a bit. i think we will need more than a touchdown to win next week.

Yes, and also when is 3 and 2 and it's the 4th. with the lead you run, run it, run it, WM had over 100 yds, but if he was given the ball more yesterday, he would've had way over 150, and at least 1 TD...
but I believe that will come when we face TB, Willis is in for a big Sun....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

kevinj22
09-12-2005, 07:25 PM
Yes, and also when is 3 and 2 and it's the 4th. with the lead you run, run it, run it, WM had over 100 yds, but if he was given the ball more yesterday, he would've had way over 150, and at least 1 TD...
but I believe that will come when we face TB, Willis is in for a big Sun....I agree that it will work to our favor with time of possesion. Also let's not forget that the Vikings defense isn't in the same area code as the Bills. I watched some of that game and they made Griese look like Montana. I just don't see him doing that against us. The best game plan will be to make Griese beat us. I don't think he can!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

mysticsoto
09-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Personally, I am less worried about this game than I was of Houston. I think Cadillac is going to get a rude awakening of what a good defense looks like. I think Griese is going to be stifled and get frustrated and commit some bad throws that will lead to interceptions. I think the offense will struggle to score but might do enough for a few field goals. But I think either the ST or Defense will score and help the offense out this week...

ShadowHawk7
09-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I think the coaches will throw a little game plan time to address Tampa's TEs, and how Greise like to go to them. J.P. will def face a bigger test against that Tampa D, as will Willis McGahee.

Oh yeah, make sure you're not starting Clayton in any of your fantasy leagues. :snicker:

vicmantak
09-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Strategically, Gruden really like to use their TEs so I would say take care on rookie Alex Smith and Anthony Becht.
Realistically, I would say Bills might avoid PENALTIES. The OL is still not ready and the 12th man noise could kill any great performance.