PDA

View Full Version : Throwbacks mentioned on PTI... and my observations on the Ralph

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 04:47 PM
I just caught PTI on ESPN and somebody wrote in saying we should change back to the throwbacks permanently!!! Both of them agreed. I've been hearing this elsewhere... Do you think that if there is enough support they would permanently switch? I would personally be for it, they are the sweetest looking jersey's I've seen in a long time!

The Chargers game should be pretty awesome... they're wearing their throwbacks too, right?

The Ralph was jumpin yesterday as well. I've been to many games, and yesterday reminded me of a playoff-type atmosphere. It was electric! I think this is the year that the Ralph is returned to respectability as one of the toughest places to play.

I don't want to put too much stock into it. It was only the first game against Houston but damn, if that defense plays like that week in and week out, this team could go deep into the playoffs.

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 04:57 PM
And for anybody wondering, the Rockpile is frickin nuts... it's like a ******* frat party! And the view, at least in my section, is perfect! :up:

Novacane
09-12-2005, 05:00 PM
lol. you beat me to it

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 05:01 PM
lol. you beat me to it
It's all good! :up:

The throwbacks are so sweet they deserve 10 similar threads!

I kept seeing pictures online but until you see them in person you can't understand how rulin they look.

Crisis
09-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Our current unis look like it was rejected from a CFL team.

I'm all for re-instating the throwbacks.

Also, for the superstitious ones, we're undefeated in the new old (what?) uni's.

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Our current unis look like it was rejected from a CFL team.

I'm all for re-instating the throwbacks.
Ditto. We need a plan....everyone here should try to get on "Ask Donohoe" whenever possible....or at games if we get fans to sign a petition (or "request", I should say)....something. Our current unis suck.

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Yeah, but how realistic is it that they would actually revert? I'd venture to say slim to none, but there's always hope.

I agree, the current uniforms look like barf... at least they kept the red helmets and didn't update them like the Broncos did a few years back.

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, but how realistic is it that they would actually revert? I'd venture to say slim to none, but there's always hope.

I agree, the current uniforms look like barf... at least they kept the red helmets and didn't update them like the Broncos did a few years back.
The jets and giants did it, but unless Ralph wants it, it won't happen. :(

Novacane
09-12-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd love to see them be the permanant uni

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Sweet... I'd be for organizing some sort of effort to get it done!

Though, I do like the current helmets as much as the throwbacks... maybe they could use the throwbacks as a home helmet and the current ones as a road helmet :idunno:

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Sweet... I'd be for organizing some sort of effort to get it done!

Though, I do like the current helmets as much as the throwbacks... maybe they could use the throwbacks as a home helmet and the current ones as a road helmet :idunno:Now that would be highly unlikely. :;

No team has ever done that to my knowledge, and I'm not sure how well that works with the players, e.g., you get used to a color for targeting purposes (esp. JP) and the constant changing might be a distraction (just a guess)

Anyway, you are hereby nominated as the leader of the Back to the Future movement! All in favor say aye! :D

BAM
09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I would be all for using the new uniforms they wore this weekend. They are sooo much better looking than our current versions, IMO. I even liked the helmet with the old school red Buffalo as opposed to the red one with stripey.

I'd love to see it happen.

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 05:19 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>
Eric Sorrentinio (London, CA): Congratulations on a most impressive opening day victory! You have built a solid team. Not to be superstitions (it's bad luck to be - ha ha ha), but is there any way the team can play in the "Throwback" uniforms all season? They looked great, too!
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=right colSpan=3>
Tom Donahoe: Thank you for your congratulations. Our team and coaches did an outstanding job. The league has guidelines with regard to the throwback uniforms. We are only permitted to wear them two times in any given season. We have yet to determine when our second will be to wear the throwbacks. We couldn't agree with you more that the uniforms looked great and that the team played very well in them.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The movement is starting......get moving freeman! :chuk:

:;

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I'd be happy to get one of the new ones :up:

Crisis
09-12-2005, 05:22 PM
The only complaint I have with the Uni's is during a highlight I had to doubletake because I thought we were the Colts...

Historian
09-12-2005, 05:58 PM
Those helmets game me a stiffie.

If the Bills could adopt those uniforms on a permanent basis, think about how cool a royal blue shirt would look with royal blue pants.

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 06:09 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=altRow1 align=right colSpan=3>
Eric Sorrentinio (London, CA): Congratulations on a most impressive opening day victory! You have built a solid team. Not to be superstitions (it's bad luck to be - ha ha ha), but is there any way the team can play in the "Throwback" uniforms all season? They looked great, too!
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=altRow2 align=right colSpan=3>
Tom Donahoe: Thank you for your congratulations. Our team and coaches did an outstanding job. The league has guidelines with regard to the throwback uniforms. We are only permitted to wear them two times in any given season. We have yet to determine when our second will be to wear the throwbacks. We couldn't agree with you more that the uniforms looked great and that the team played very well in them.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The movement is starting......get moving freeman! :chuk:

:;
Twice a year...BS...when the league did a whole throw back thing a few years ago there was such an overwhelming response to the 49ers and Dolphins addition of black around the numbers a few other tweeks that those because their unis...until SF changed again.

Mr. Cynical
09-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Where's that petition freeman?!!!

:chair:

BLEDSOE'S BATTALION
09-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I would like to see This Uniform Scheme twice a year at home and twice a year at Home. I like the Uniforms, but the current Uni's Aren't all that bad.

Then again....

Maybe It's Just me..... :tip:

Dozerdog
09-12-2005, 09:08 PM
I'd like to see the Bills wear a road throwback version against the Chargers in their throwbacks.

Nublar7
09-12-2005, 09:20 PM
It would be nice for you guys to switch to the throwbacks for good. Your current uniforms make me want to throw up. :puke:

Turf
09-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Those throwbacks are the sweetest jerseys especially with that helmet, that I have ever seen. I'll give TD money to go back to those things.
That's pure Buffalo Bills football.

chubluv
09-12-2005, 09:58 PM
I loved the throwbacks. They were awesome looking up close & from watching the highlites on TV.

vicmantak
09-12-2005, 10:07 PM
If Bills are just allowed to wear the throwback uniforms once more this season and Bills are having a promising season, it might be on week 8 when Bills visit Patriots on the national ESPN sunday night football.

The Spaz
09-12-2005, 10:15 PM
It would be nice for you guys to switch to the throwbacks for good. Your current uniforms make me want to throw up. :puke:

Like you guys have room to talk about bad uni's. Yours just look plain gay...

BADTHINGSMAN
09-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Awesome throwbacks, awesome game.. Id be in favor for the throwbacks perminatly..