PDA

View Full Version : Bills Throwbacks getting National attention

Novacane
09-12-2005, 04:58 PM
PTI is saying how great they look and the BIlls should switch to them permanantly! I saw Mike and the Maddog on YES today and Mad Dog just kept raving how great they were!

Bill Brasky
09-12-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=80083

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 05:48 PM
They should go back to them permenently...they should have never gone to those ugly road unis that is for sure.

LVGrown
09-12-2005, 06:01 PM
They should go back to them permenently...they should have never gone to those ugly road unis that is for sure.

You guys are crazy, I kept thinking the Texans were the Bills the entire game, the Bills looked too much like the Colts to me, but of course I was under the influence ... Im part of the crowd that likes our current uniforms as they are. I think I might have changed my mind about getting McGahee's jersey though and might go with Losman, but I don't wanna jump the gun yet ...

casdhf
09-12-2005, 06:04 PM
erin, you're out voted, sorry

Throne Logic
09-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Sorry, I don't like powder blue. San Deigo wears similar ones once a year. And although the old helmet is wonderful in a nostalgic way, I prefer the new style.

I won't argue for the current road uni's. Too arena league.

The_Philster
09-12-2005, 06:09 PM
our throwbacks aren't powder blue :confused:

Crisis
09-12-2005, 06:15 PM
The Chargers powder blue throwback is the hottest jersey ever made.

Ebenezer
09-12-2005, 06:23 PM
our throwbacks aren't powder blue :confused:
I believe that is royal blue whereas the new style is navy blue.

dannyek71
09-12-2005, 06:27 PM
As long as we keep winning (Yes I know its only 1 game) lets keep wearing them

Cntrygal
09-12-2005, 07:16 PM
I love the throwbacks!

Bert102176
09-13-2005, 12:57 AM
I prefer the currant jerseys over the throwbacks also hell when I saw them I thought they were the colts lol

JD
09-13-2005, 01:01 AM
The throwbacks are intense looking!

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2005, 01:23 AM
I like em, but IMO they should go a little more of a darker blue. Not as dark as a current ones, but not as a loud blue as our throwback ones. They are really bright...loud...i dont know i cant put the word on it. They do look a little like the colts. I love the helmets the most. I love the standing buffalo.

HAMMER
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Helmets ruled, the rest was ehhhhh. I love our dark blue homes, intimidating.

gr8slayer
09-13-2005, 09:32 AM
I think were about due for a new regular jersey.

Night Train
09-13-2005, 09:48 AM
I prefer the currant jerseys over the throwbacks also hell when I saw them I thought they were the colts lol
Our "currant" (jelly) jerseys look like leftovers from the Broncos home jerseys.

Throwback jerseys are tons the best.

Jimbuktu
09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
honestly, if you think our current jerseys are even somewhat decent, you are either ******ed or just stupid ... the jerseys we will be wearing this week are among some of the worst in the NFL EVER ... there is no denying that ... we look like some weird cross between a Arena team and a CFL team ...

And on the flip side, if you have a problem with the throwbacks, you're IQ must be equivalent to that of a cabbage ... those Unis are some of the coolest threads to ever be worn in the NFL ... if the Bills wore those all the time I would be the happiest person ever, i just don't understand how anyone could not like them ...

I never want to see our current jerseys again, they look like Stevie Wonder designed them and should be forever abolished and never worn again ... they are terrible, just plain terrible

it is embarassing being seen in those rags ... we're the ****ing Bills, we deserve better!

Drive 4 Five
09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
I love the throwbacks!

Me too! Absolutely gorgeous IMO. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks.

ZEUS
09-13-2005, 10:25 AM
I wish they would never them again. They look goofy with that buffalo just standing there waiting to get shot. I'm going to the Bills vs. Bucs game this weekend and would be a little embarassed if they were wearing them. I don't think the players like them either. Who wants to live in the past? I like the present day hard charging buffalo, it fits the team. Especially the defense.

Jimbuktu
09-13-2005, 10:28 AM
I wish they would never them again. They look goofy with that buffalo just standing there waiting to get shot. I'm going to the Bills vs. Bucs game this weekend and would be a little embarassed if they were wearing them. I don't think the players like them either. Who wants to live in the past? I like the present day hard charging buffalo, it fits the team. Especially the defense.
well of course the current helmet is pretty sweet ... but those uniforms look like something richard simmons would like ... they are putrid

BuffaloRanger
09-13-2005, 10:58 AM
What is so great about the look of the throwbacks? Are they really that "Sweet" or is it that people just really really hate the generic Texan/Bronco look of the regular jerseys?

Seriously. The throwbacks are blue with red and white stripes on the sleeves. Big deal. Is it the classic look? Yes. The classic high school look. I think the designer wanted a throwback from his Frontier High School days.

Finally no team name or team logo anywhere on the uniform. If you are the Browns, Packers, or Bears you can get away with it. Bills can't. They are way to generic looking.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-13-2005, 11:33 AM
I really like the throwback jerseys a lot better than the Bronco/Titan leftovers that the Bills have now also.

What I would like the Bills to adopt the throwback jerseys permanently--with one slight modification that would be easy to make and would also satisfy Buffalo Ranger: the addition of a small patch consisting of the Bills' logo set right above the stripes on the sleeves on both sides.

However, I would like to see them retain the newer red helmets with the charging bison. I think that the two would go together pretty well.

The problem with the uniforms of the Super Bowl era teams was that it looked too much like the NY Giants' uniform--the only difference being the color of the collar and the size of the stripes on the sleeves. The problem with the current unis is that the home jersey looks like the Broncos' blue jersey and the away jersey looks like the Titans' white jersey--and together they make the team look like a Pop Warner/CFL/Arena League team. The throwbacks only look like the Colts' blue jersey because the stripes on the sleeve are being worn a shade too high--closer to the shoulder--by some of the players. Adding a patch with the Bills' charging Bison logo above the stripes would solve that problem.

BTW: For those who weren't around then, the reason that the Bills changed from a white helmet to the current red color was that then HC Kay Stephenson complained to R.Wilson that the reason that his young QBs were throwing so many interceptions was that, with every team in the AFCE wearing white helmets, they were having a hard time picking out their receivers when they were running their routes. No kidding...that's exactly what he said! While things have changed some in the AFCE and I somehow don't think that JP Losman will have as hard a time finding his receivers as the bozos that were playing QB for Stephenson (how could he teach them to find their receivers when he couldn't find his when he was the Bills' QB?), there might be some validity to the notion that the red helmets make it easier for our QBs to find their receivers in a crowd. Even if it saves them only a nanosecond or two, it would be worth keeping them for that reason. And, they do look good--even if the old white ones with the standing bison do bring back good memories that warm the heart of this old fan.

The Natrix
09-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I like our current unis a lot. No need to change them. ...and they won't.

Throwbacks were cool for a game.

Valerie
09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
I have to agree with Erin. While I really liked the throw back uniforms, I kept getting the Bills confused with the Texans. I loved the helmets though! :up:

lordofgun
09-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Love the throwbacks. You might even catch me wearing some of that merch unlike the cheesy current stuff.

pleasesavedrew
09-13-2005, 09:23 PM
There cool once in a while, but I'd get bored off seeing them all the time.

Meathead
09-13-2005, 09:37 PM
They look goofy with that buffalo just standing there waiting to get shot.
lol. I know. That's like the laziest damn buffalo I ever saw.

Why don't you get up off your ass and be like your brother Streaky there? Sure, he looks like a goat and his package has shrunk embarrassingly, but just look at him go!!

Iehoshua
09-13-2005, 09:39 PM
lol. I know. That's like the laziest damn buffalo I ever saw.

Why don't you get up off your ass and be like your brother Streaky there? Sure, he looks like a goat and his package has shrunk embarrassingly, but just look at him go!!
:rofl:

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2005, 11:35 PM
A compromise - put the streaky buffalo on the throwback helmets. I think the stripes on the current helmets are crap. The tback stripes are much cleaner and solid.

Marvelous
09-14-2005, 04:56 AM
erin, you're out voted, sorry
How many Zoners are on first name basis? Just curious about the local fanbase that post here & chill in person.......

The_Philster
09-14-2005, 05:02 AM
How many Zoners are on first name basis? Just curious about the local fanbase that post here & chill in person.......A lot of the Zoners on a first-name basis have met...I don't believe anyone's met Shag though...but that'll change in San Diego

ZEUS
09-14-2005, 08:35 AM
Love the throwbacks. You might even catch me wearing some of that merch unlike the cheesy current stuff.
I will be proudly wearing my current day, #51 road jersey, to the Bills vs. Bucks this weekend.

BillsFanCupp38
09-14-2005, 09:39 AM
i love both jerseys. To wear the throwbacks twice a year is a sweet idea since we dont have a alternate jersey for the style that we have right now. But to wear them every week is taking it a little far. We would be following the footsteps of the jets, giants and the redskins tried it for a little while too. Plus the jerseys we have now are sweet.

HAMMER
09-14-2005, 11:37 AM
honestly, if you think our current jerseys are even somewhat decent, you are either ******ed or just stupid ... the jerseys we will be wearing this week are among some of the worst in the NFL EVER ... there is no denying that ... we look like some weird cross between a Arena team and a CFL team ...

And on the flip side, if you have a problem with the throwbacks, you're IQ must be equivalent to that of a cabbage ... those Unis are some of the coolest threads to ever be worn in the NFL ... if the Bills wore those all the time I would be the happiest person ever, i just don't understand how anyone could not like them ...

I never want to see our current jerseys again, they look like Stevie Wonder designed them and should be forever abolished and never worn again ... they are terrible, just plain terrible

it is embarassing being seen in those rags ... we're the ****ing Bills, we deserve better!

Damn dude, it's only a uniform and personal opinions will abound. But calling people plain stupid and ******ed because they like the currrent unis is, well, just plain stupid.

Meathead
09-21-2005, 01:39 PM
dup

AndreReed83
09-21-2005, 02:16 PM
I bet the Bucs like 'em.......

Michael82
09-21-2005, 04:25 PM
I like our current unis a lot. No need to change them. ...and they won't.

Throwbacks were cool for a game.
Great post. :bf1:

footballhottie
09-21-2005, 04:41 PM
we need the bills logo, name or something on them...i went to plymouth a few weeks ago and some people thought it was a pats jersey...what a tard