PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson will drop off the dial until Bills resume play in September

The_Philster
01-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Mike Schopp's decision to bolt WNSA-FM in July to share a show with his polar opposite, Chuck Dickerson, at WGR-AM, was the most surprising move in sports broadcasting in 2002.

Now that we're in 2003 comes the rest of the story.

WGR-AM General Manager Greg Ried announced a move that Dickerson has openly discussed - his impending departure until the Bills' regular season starts up again in September.

Ried said that Dickerson has been at his Florida residence since Christmas, has a few weeks vacation coming and will go to San Diego with Schopp during Super Bowl week. After that, he'll be off until Drew Bledsoe and company have a real game......more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030104/1042389.asp)

For those of us who can't stand his negativity (makes Wys look like a cheerleader ;) ) and name-calling, this is great news. The only thing that would make it better is to see him off the dial permanently.

kgun12
01-04-2003, 10:07 AM
THANK YOU:cheers: THE ONLY THING BETTER WOUD BE FOR HIME TO GO FOREVER:xplode:

Novacane
01-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Good Ridence. I don't care what he said, he still has a chip on his shoulder against the Bills from when they fired him. I hope he never comes back!

JefftheBillsfan
01-04-2003, 10:23 AM
good, i could never stand the guy personally.

MelK
01-04-2003, 02:36 PM
Nobody likes a know it all who's all over the media puking garbage about a sport that he embarasses daily with his complete misuse of knowledge.

Unless it's me, of course!!

The_Philster
01-04-2003, 03:11 PM
The guy was a joke as a defensive coordinator at the college level. How the heck did he even get offered the job in the pros in the first place? :huh:

lordofgun
01-04-2003, 05:19 PM
I like him.

The_Philster
01-04-2003, 05:26 PM
You would cause you're evil. :D

Michael82
01-04-2003, 05:30 PM
The Coach is fun to listen to! He's :angry: ing hilarious!

The_Philster
01-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Sure...if you don't take him seriously and remember he's a buffoon. :D

Michael82
01-04-2003, 05:36 PM
He does have some good points. I especially like it when a woman called and talked about how much they love Flutie and enjoyed watching him play against us in Buffalo. The coach told this one woman that she should not be allowed an opinion and should be in the kitchen.....Where she belongs. It was hilarious! :lol:

Michael82
01-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Or everytime that someone calls to prove the coach wrong. He gets mad and calls them an idiot and disconnects them! :evil:

The_Philster
01-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Because he usually is wrong. :chuckle: He must get tired of hanging up on people like that. He's nothing more than a sports version of Howard Stern...a shock jock.

lordofgun
01-04-2003, 06:53 PM
He's entertaining. That's all I care about. Schopp is boring.

PA Season Ticket Holder
01-04-2003, 08:03 PM
The coach is the most entertaining in Buffalo. The only reason why so many people don't like him is because it seems like way too many Bills fans don't like to hear critisizm about our team. I can handle it so I think it's some great stuff. I'm gonna miss him.

That show after the San Diego game was a classic. I laughed the entire way home from the stadium. I like Brad Rider(sp?) too. He can have his moments. Hell, I like Rider better then Schoop.

I wish I could've had a recording of the Bills/Chargers game. It topped off a great day at the stadium.

For those who listened to it..."Here I come to save the day" LOL

clumping platelets
01-04-2003, 10:23 PM
:clap:

Judge
01-04-2003, 10:26 PM
I've always liked Dickerson. He knows football. He's had a big grudge against the Bills over the years for what I'm sure he viewed as an unfair termination by Marv (and he's probably right).

The chip his worn off alot, and although he's a little crude at times he is an excellent analyst of the X's and O's of football for the fan- he can teach people alot about football just b/c he's been there.

The_Philster
01-05-2003, 05:58 AM
How was it unfair? He was a buffoon. He shot off his mouth and I blame that idiot more than anyone else for us losing Super Bowl XXV. The big problem in that game was missed tackles and I'm sure if you looked at tapes, the DL missed a large number of tackles they should have made. And who was coaching the DL? None other than Chuck Dickerson....a guy who regularly allowed large numbers of points to be scored against his defenses when he was a college defensive coordinator. He may know a little bit about X's and O's but because of stuff he doesn't know, the idiot's lucky he was never strung up and hanged.

SABURZFAN
01-05-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Because he usually is wrong. :chuckle: He must get tired of hanging up on people like that. He's nothing more than a sports version of Howard Stern...a shock jock.

comparing that idiot to howard stern is like comparing the JILLS to j.nails.:eek:

TigerJ
01-05-2003, 05:12 PM
I've listened to Dickerson, and learned quite a bit. I generally turn on something else on Mondays after a Bills loss because I don't like how he rehashes a defeat. I also think he hops too quickly on the "let's dump the coach" bandwagon. He can get too crude for my tastes too.