X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Dickerson will drop off the dial until Bills resume play in September

Mike Schopp's decision to bolt WNSA-FM in July to share a show with his polar opposite, Chuck Dickerson, at WGR-AM, was the most surprising move in sports broadcasting in 2002.

Now that we're in 2003 comes the rest of the story.

WGR-AM General Manager Greg Ried announced a move that Dickerson has openly discussed - his impending departure until the Bills' regular season starts up again in September.

Ried said that Dickerson has been at his Florida residence since Christmas, has a few weeks vacation coming and will go to San Diego with Schopp during Super Bowl week. After that, he'll be off until Drew Bledsoe and company have a real game.
    .....more

For those of us who can't stand his negativity (makes Wys look like a cheerleader ) and name-calling, this is great news. The only thing that would make it better is to see him off the dial permanently.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

THANK YOU THE ONLY THING BETTER WOUD BE FOR HIME TO GO FOREVER:xplode:
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

Good Ridence. I don't care what he said, he still has a chip on his shoulder against the Bills from when they fired him. I hope he never comes back!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
        • Jul 2002

good, i could never stand the guy personally.
        Its all about the quest.

Comment

• MelK
          Working Incognito
          • Dec 2002

Nobody likes a know it all who's all over the media puking garbage about a sport that he embarasses daily with his complete misuse of knowledge.

Unless it's me, of course!!

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

The guy was a joke as a defensive coordinator at the college level. How the heck did he even get offered the job in the pros in the first place?
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I like him.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

You would cause you're evil.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

The Coach is fun to listen to! He's :angry: ing hilarious!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Sure...if you don't take him seriously and remember he's a buffoon.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

He does have some good points. I especially like it when a woman called and talked about how much they love Flutie and enjoyed watching him play against us in Buffalo. The coach told this one woman that she should not be allowed an opinion and should be in the kitchen.....Where she belongs. It was hilarious!

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Or everytime that someone calls to prove the coach wrong. He gets mad and calls them an idiot and disconnects them!

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Because he usually is wrong. He must get tired of hanging up on people like that. He's nothing more than a sports version of Howard Stern...a shock jock.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

He's entertaining. That's all I care about. Schopp is boring.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• PA Season Ticket Holder
                              You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
                              • Jul 2002

The coach is the most entertaining in Buffalo. The only reason why so many people don't like him is because it seems like way too many Bills fans don't like to hear critisizm about our team. I can handle it so I think it's some great stuff. I'm gonna miss him.

That show after the San Diego game was a classic. I laughed the entire way home from the stadium. I like Brad Rider(sp?) too. He can have his moments. Hell, I like Rider better then Schoop.

I wish I could've had a recording of the Bills/Chargers game. It topped off a great day at the stadium.

For those who listened to it..."Here I come to save the day" LOL

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Comment

Working...
                              X