PDA

View Full Version : Willis is key to Tampa game...

Crisis
09-12-2005, 05:30 PM
We're playing a hot team with a great defense on the road...

I predict Willis will have a hard first half running-wise but in the 2nd half (like the Texans game) will start to get alot more 8-15 yard rushes.

On a side note, does it seem like every game Willis goes out with a minor injury (back within a couple plays) and you hold your breath for 5 minutes?

jdenning
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
oh man i know i was at the game last year in cincinatti when he went down and i was freaked for the rest of the game... i agree we need willis to run hard this week vs tampa

tampabay25690
09-13-2005, 08:54 AM
The best thing is the Bills like to run Willis up the Gut and thats were Tampa has weakness......Playaction will be key also becasue Tampa's safties are not that good. They have 2 good CB is Barber and Kelly, I think the Bills need to spread the field also and come iwth some 4-5 WR sets. Tampa will have a tuff time running on us there OL is probably one of the worst in the league and like Gruden said yesterday in his interview he has never seen a defensive scheme like ours.....

He said the Bills have the best D in the NFL and it will be a huge test for his team....

mysticsoto
09-13-2005, 09:03 AM
The best thing is the Bills like to run Willis up the Gut and thats were Tampa has weakness......Playaction will be key also becasue Tampa's safties are not that good. They have 2 good CB is Barber and Kelly, I think the Bills need to spread the field also and come iwth some 4-5 WR sets. Tampa will have a tuff time running on us there OL is probably one of the worst in the league and like Gruden said yesterday in his interview he has never seen a defensive scheme like ours.....

He said the Bills have the best D in the NFL and it will be a huge test for his team....
Their O-line can't be that bad if Minnesota's big and powerful D-line couldn't do much against them...I feel like this game is going to be decided by which teams' D and ST is capable of contributing to the score. There is where I think our advantage lies and I see us winning a close one. Of course, this is assuming that they beat the Vikings and that the Vikings didn't beat themselves - perhaps not having gelled yet with their changes in the offseason. If it was the Vikings that defeated themselves, then the Bills could blow TB up...if we use our "fast start" and can score early, I can't see TB coming anywhere close to beating us. TB is not a catch up team and once we get a lead, Willis begins his grinding for the tough yards and play clock eating that will frustrate any team and prevent them from doing anything or mounting a return/comeback.

gr8slayer
09-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Willis is the key to every game we play.

carybillsfan
09-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Personally I'm hoping for a big let down by Tampa. They won a game on the road against a team nobody thought they could beat. Last year Tampa was very inconsistant and I hope they have huge let down in their home opener.

I wish we had Roscoe forr this game his speed in the slot could be the difference. But the ground game is gonna have to dominate... I still think this one comes down to the FG's, lets hope Lindell keeps batting 1.000.

Tinboy
09-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Minnesota wasn't really running the ball

ATT YDS TD LG
D. Culpepper 3 19 0 10
M. Williams 6 15 0 9
M. Bennett 6 -1 0 3

12 trys from the RB for 14 yds.

If you look at Minnesotas drives, int, fumble, fumble, the 4th drive was -2 yds by Bennett left end and two incomplete passes.

So what we need to do is hold on to the ball, Tampa will probably be blitzing a lot in 1st qtr so we need to protect Losman and make short-medium passes.

fabolouspaul
09-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Check out Buccaneers.com That intro is pretty cool for a Buccaneer fan.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-13-2005, 11:51 AM
As I understand it, Wiggins, the Minny TE had two TD catches called back on penalties as well. Mike Tice was very upset that TB was able to control the ball early against his defense and keep the offense from establishing a rhythm--which they couldn't do sitting on the bench.

Cadillac Williams had 27 carries for 148 yards and even if you discount the one long TD run that he had, that's a lot of carries and yards. All told, TB ran the ball 31 times and had 5 catches by their TEs. That tells me that the Bills' front seven is going to have a busy day and is going to have to get the job done.

Willis will be a key, as always, for the Bills in this one, but the defense is going to have to stop the TB from controlling the ball and the clock and give the Bills offense a chance to get into a rhythm and put up some points.

MDFINFAN
09-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Willis is the key to all your games this year anyway, later based on JP's growth, he'll be able to take some of the pressure on his shoulders.