PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Falcons

Stewie
09-12-2005, 10:46 PM
... Look very beatable.

Philly just looks downright bad. At least their defense is keeping them in it.

No one on Atlanta scares me except Vick, and he only scares me when he has the ball past the line of scrimmage.

We're goin to house them.

JD
09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Vick can't do too much in the air. Our pass coverage has gotten ALOT better IMO this year.... and nobody can really run on us. Maybe Vick, but I'm sure his time will come and he will take a good licken' from Fletcher or TKO.

JefftheBillsfan
09-12-2005, 11:40 PM
if willis has a good game against them, it will be well earned.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-12-2005, 11:41 PM
This should be a fun game to watch Vick vs. Losman two mobile QB's it will be :lmao: to see who has more rushing yards Vick or Losman

Stewie
09-12-2005, 11:47 PM
IMO, Gray should have the confidence in our DB's to consistently cover their receivers one-on-one. That opens up plethora of scheme possibilities to keep their run game and Vick in check.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Atlanta has a good defense also.

Whats more impressive?? The Falcons shutting down the Eagles or the Bills shutting down the Texans.

I think it will be alot harder for the Bills defense to defend Atlanta then it will be for Atlanta's defense to defend Buffalo's offense.

JD
09-13-2005, 12:18 AM

Whats more impressive?? The Falcons shutting down the Eagles or the Bills shutting down the Texans.

I think it will be alot harder for the Bills defense to defend Atlanta then it will be for Atlanta's defense to defend Buffalo's offense.
Hey smartass...who were the Eagles without, on their D?

Exactly, shut up.

STAMPY
09-13-2005, 12:19 AM

WHY DO YOU POST HERE... NO LIFE??? U TELL ME

JD
09-13-2005, 12:22 AM
I'm seriously wondering the same thing about this guy.....go outside or something man....for christ's sake.

ublinkwescore
09-13-2005, 12:22 AM
i heard that t.o. still got his 100 yards

JD
09-13-2005, 12:31 AM
i heard that t.o. still got his 100 yards
Sweet, can't wait to see him on ESPNews doing crunches in his driveway.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 12:37 AM
Hey smartass...who were the Eagles without, on their D?

Exactly, shut up.

I'll shutup cause that made no sense.

Why would someone on the Eagles D effect what the Falcons D did to the Eagles Offense?

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 12:39 AM

To talk about the Bills.

Why do you? To blast other people for having a different opinion?

Bert102176
09-13-2005, 12:39 AM
I think the Eagles would have won if Trotter would have been able to play

JD
09-13-2005, 12:46 AM
I think the Eagles would have won if Trotter would have been able to play
Thank you :bf1:

Did you see the stats they showed after the game, with and without Trottier?

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Trotter wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Last time I checked he played defense. And the Eagles D played well tonight. The Falcons only scored 14 points.

Reason the Eagles lost was because of their Offense. McNabb looked like crap.

JD
09-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Trotter wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Last time I checked he played defense. And the Eagles D played well tonight. The Falcons only scored 14 points.

Reason the Eagles lost was because of their Offense. McNabb looked like crap.
The Falcons ran for over 200 yards...but ok.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Hold your opponent to 14 points is well. Giving up yards don't lose football games. Giving up points does.... but ok.

JD
09-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Hold your opponent to 14 points is well. Giving up yards don't lose football games. Giving up points does.... but ok.
Last time I checked you needed to gain yards in order to score points...but ok.

Tinboy
09-13-2005, 04:50 AM
It will be a tough game againts the Falcons no doubt about that, we need to stop them from running, they have Vick, Dunn and Duckett all three are good at running the ball. If we can stop the run and force Falcons to pass we will have a good chance of winning.

Here are the stats for Falcons def last year
Pts/G Yds/G RushYds/G PassYds/G Int IntTD FFum DefTD Tack PD Sack
21.1 325.4 105.1 220.4 19 4 18 5 741 80 48.0

325.4 puts them 14th last year, 19 int puts them 9th last year so JP needs to make sure that he knows where to throw the ball. On the other hand Texans was 5th last year in int with 22. If we can establish a good running game, keep the ball, it will open up hole down field for Evans and Mould in other words football 101.

mysticsoto
09-13-2005, 08:20 AM
I agree that this will be a tough game for us. The Bills D needs to watch out with the blitzing on this one. Vick can get away from blitzing on his own and then burn you. They will need to make sure they contain him in the pocket. One of the best games to watch to understand how to beat the Eagles...interestingly enough, is the Atlanta vs Philly game last year. Philly's DEs did a masterful job of attacking and yet then stopping their attack when it looked like he was about to take off and close the lanes for Vick to run through. I don't know if Kelsay and Schobel will be able to do this though, as they don't have the speed that the Freak has and used in that game.

Novacane
09-13-2005, 08:27 AM
To talk about the Bills.

You mean to bash the Bills

colin
09-13-2005, 08:42 AM
atlanta with vick is always a dangerous team, but they are not consistent.

philly lost
--trotter
--corye simon
--that DE (can't remember his name, but he was super quick)
--dawkins for some plays

those are 4 impact players they really can't replace (speaking of which, i was a big kearse fan but really don't think he is as good as he looked before he got hurt a while back). so at home on the super carpet hotlanta was playing on they had an easy time moving on the ground.

i don't think philly is nearly as good on d as it was before, and losing players hurts all that much more now.

anyhow, vick and mcnabb have average at best pocket sense and when hit they drop the damn ball a lot. for such quick guys they get sacked A TON (I remember Mcnabb was sacked nearly as many times as Johnson was when Johsnon was here).

so inspite of both teams have a strong pass rush and decent secondary on D, i think we match up well because we will hit the qb all day and vick or mcnabb like to give the ball away with fumbles and ints, so we should beat the birds in Blo. of course we don't play philly this year, but i'd like to.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Last time I checked you needed to gain yards in order to score points...but ok.

Giving up 319 Total yards and only 14 points is not that bad.

I'd take that for an average from the Bills D for a season. A team should win when their D only gives up 14 points.