Wys Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Wys Sighting

I got a cool little story.....

I joined the Bills Backers of Northern and Central VA and went to the meeting place for the game. It's a great situation they have set up there at Hard Times Cafe and Cue in Fredericksburg.

Anyway, this dude showed up with a writing pad and a box of something I couldn't discern. We introduced ourselves and he said his name was Mark. Seemed like a nice guy. He sat at my table, clapped and rubbed his hands together and showed his excitement. I thought, "this guy is going to be fun to watch the game with."

Late in the second quarter, he got some wings and hooked them up with this sauce that he took from his box. I checked it out, turned it around and saw it read "Wys-Guy's." I can put 2+2 together. (He actually makes the sauce and sends it away for bottling which is cool.)

Right as I saw that he started talking about writing for websites and he asked if I ever checked out Billszone. I said, "You're Wys!" He said yep.

I told him he had a rep for being overly critical. He was gone before I started posting here, so I don't really know his posts, but I see where he gets his rep from.

Every time the Bills made a good play, he would say, "That's because their D sucks," or "Well, the Texans' offensive line is terrible." It's not that he didn't have a point, but I really want to just enjoy the game without taking EVERYTHING with a grain of salt. Other than that, he knows his stuff and is easily likeable. He drove 85 miles to get there!

Just thought some of you would like to hear about it.

Also, this incredibly cute girl came by herself. She is way into the Bills, fantasy football, she's a teacher (like me), and she ran cross country and track at SUNY Geneseo (I ran at SUNY Fredonia).
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Wys Sighting

Originally posted by andyxc71
    Every time the Bills made a good play, he would say, "That's because their D sucks," or "Well, the Texans' offensive line is terrible." It's not that he didn't have a point, but I really want to just enjoy the game without taking EVERYTHING with a grain of salt.
    Some things never change.

At the Stadium, we had a fellow season ticket holder who did that all game. Finally, people tired of it and started ribbing him constantly. We noticed he dropped his ticket or moved from our section this year, which strengthens my belief in a God.

Why do some believe being hyper-critical is impressive ? Don't they realize they come across as self-flatulant phonies ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
      Anyway, this dude showed up with a writing pad

Oh dear! Man the lifeboats!

You will be able to read what he wrote at www.billsbuzz.com

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

I refuse to even click the link
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
          I refuse to even click the link
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

I know Mark personally... and he is a great guy. He is very opinionated, but that is the writer in him... He is fun to watch a game with... but sometimes you have to tune him out so he doesnt bring you too down.

As for a person though... he is sincere, polite, and gracious... really a nice guy.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

I still wouldnt read his drivel, I don't care if he's Martin Luther Ghandi
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• colin
                Drew's my hero!
                • Jul 2002

that guy, who seems to like JP for now, is just terrible.

he just can't look at the facts without mixing in his opinion.

he gives the tight ends super high grades for what? because he likes him and can't just look at what they did during the game. you don't get top grades for dropping a touch, which our TE did. they played decently, but not like pro bowlers

he gives the RBs and OL average grades because we ran late in the game? wtf? that is when you're best off running. and knocks willis for only having 8 yards on his first 8 carries, and just dismisses the outstanding drive that resulted in our only TD of the game. Willis and our O line just dominated on that dirve, and that drive broke Houston's back. also, HE DIDN'T MENTION THE OTHER 2 RBs WHO SAW ACTION. he is just so fixed on his own opinion (still a travis fan and prolly sore about it) and obsession with certain players that he doesn't even notice that we had a FB and back up RB in the game. what did they do? if you cover a team like some kind of journalist you HAVE to at least watch every player who touches the ball!

and my final gripe is that he just gives a biassed assement of the stat sheet, no insight on route running or formations on D, just "blah blah had 23 yards on 14 carries, if you take away his one great drive he did bad", and he forgives anything by his fav players. i remember when henry would drop the ball and try to lose the game all by himself (just like now in Tennesse) he would argue that he played better after he lost fumbles. just asinine

i love reading bills analysis, but not if the writer just didn't notice a damn thing.

why the hell did i click that link?!?!?!

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think if the Bills went 16-0, Wys' comment would be, "Wow, the rest of the league sure has gone down hill!"
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Who?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

The guy LOVES Campbell. I like Campbell, but this!?

Mark Campbell continues to impress me as one of the league’s best all around tight ends

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I need to get in touch with Mark and order some more wing sauce from him. I used the last of the medium I had last night.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                          I need to get in touch with Mark and order some more wing sauce from him. I used the last of the medium I had last night.
                          Good idea. He may have some crazy thoughts of the Bills, but he certainly knows how to make some damn good wing sauce. I hope he is able to get his sauce in Wegmans, like he's trying. That would be AWESOME!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by colin
                            that guy, who seems to like JP for now, is just terrible.

he just can't look at the facts without mixing in his opinion.

he gives the tight ends super high grades for what? because he likes him and can't just look at what they did during the game. you don't get top grades for dropping a touch, which our TE did. they played decently, but not like pro bowlers

he gives the RBs and OL average grades because we ran late in the game? wtf? that is when you're best off running. and knocks willis for only having 8 yards on his first 8 carries, and just dismisses the outstanding drive that resulted in our only TD of the game. Willis and our O line just dominated on that dirve, and that drive broke Houston's back. also, HE DIDN'T MENTION THE OTHER 2 RBs WHO SAW ACTION. he is just so fixed on his own opinion (still a travis fan and prolly sore about it) and obsession with certain players that he doesn't even notice that we had a FB and back up RB in the game. what did they do? if you cover a team like some kind of journalist you HAVE to at least watch every player who touches the ball!

and my final gripe is that he just gives a biassed assement of the stat sheet, no insight on route running or formations on D, just "blah blah had 23 yards on 14 carries, if you take away his one great drive he did bad", and he forgives anything by his fav players. i remember when henry would drop the ball and try to lose the game all by himself (just like now in Tennesse) he would argue that he played better after he lost fumbles. just asinine

i love reading bills analysis, but not if the writer just didn't notice a damn thing.

why the hell did i click that link?!?!?!
                            you've got to understand how Wys was grading this, he was grading from a competition standpoint, had you beat the patriots like you did Houston, his grades would have been different. Wys's a realist and if you just want homerist type of reading then don't read Wys's stuff. But if you want an honest evaluation of the Bills, read his stuff. He loves that team with a passion some of you will never understand. He's not a fly by night type of fan either, he's a dedicated, loyal fan who wants his team to be the best.
                            Wys and I get into it too about some of his stuff, but I always respect his opinion. As a number of you pointed out, he's one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet, but when you talk Bills, you'd better know your stuff. If you're weak in that area, you won't like Wys, if you're knowledgable, you'll enjoy the heck out of him. Weak minds won't stand to be around him, sound minds will ask for more of him. But even if he disagrees with you, he's still one of the best friends you can ask for. He's more than just football you know.
                            Last edited by MDFINFAN; 09-13-2005, 03:15 PM.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

Anchor Bar wing sauce is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X