PDA

View Full Version : I beat a patriot fan...

ublinkwescore
09-13-2005, 12:42 AM
on this other board, we had a pick'em pool I guess you'd call it where you choose all the winners of week 1's games - I went 11-5 - my only wrong choices were the rams/niners game, the dolphins/broncos game, the Cards/Giants game, Panthers/Saints game, and the Vikings/Bucs game.

yeah, that's right, I called the Lions over the Packers, and the Cowboys over the Chargers - and the Redskins over the Bears, on the road with Drew (for some reason he always seems to have good games early on in the season - except for last year and that's what I was banking on).

Maybe it's an omen that we're gonna finally overtake the Pats this year and take their place in the playoffs (as opposed to being a wildcard team).

ublinkwescore
09-13-2005, 12:43 AM
did I mention that we were tied all the way up until tonight (I believe - I know we were both tied until at least the Colts/Ravens game).

HAMMER
09-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Oh my God, we beat the Pats?

Drive 4 Five
09-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Congratulations...I guess.

I thought you were going to say that you had to beat a Patriot's fan down for talking smack to you at the bar or something. You cna imagine my dissappointment.

Like a couple of years back, I ran into a Steelers fan at a bar, I had my Bill's hat on, right? So I'm just trying to be friendly and strike up conversation with the guy and in the middle of whatever it was I was babbling about, he gives me this disgusting look and says the Bill suck. I retorted with F**k you. You suck. Just like that. He didn't know WHAT to say. He just sat there and I got my beer from the bartender and walked off.

I'm not trying to act like a tough guy or anything, I just thought the story was worth mentioning becuase it convinced my wife to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. She was like, that is the last time you are going to a bar to watch a game. We've been subscribers ever since.

I have to say though, had he been a Patriot fan, I would have socked him.

MDFINFAN
09-13-2005, 12:23 PM

I thought you were going to say that you had to beat a Patriot's fan down for talking smack to you at the bar or something. You cna imagine my dissappointment.

Like a couple of years back, I ran into a Steelers fan at a bar, I had my Bill's hat on, right? So I'm just trying to be friendly and strike up conversation with the guy and in the middle of whatever it was I was babbling about, he gives me this disgusting look and says the Bill suck. I retorted with F**k you. You suck. Just like that. He didn't know WHAT to say. He just sat there and I got my beer from the bartender and walked off.

I'm not trying to act like a tough guy or anything, I just thought the story was worth mentioning becuase it convinced my wife to get the NFL Sunday Ticket. She was like, that is the last time you are going to a bar to watch a game. We've been subscribers ever since.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's one of the best stories I've heard to convince a wife to something..that was great.

DynaPaul
09-13-2005, 04:50 PM

I believe all Patriots fans should be brutally beaten.

ublinkwescore
09-13-2005, 06:21 PM
here here!