PDA

View Full Version : To reinstate the throwbacks...

Bill Brasky
09-13-2005, 07:22 AM
I will do a petition soon. I'll post the link when it's up.

Bill Brasky
09-13-2005, 07:31 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/BUFTRWBK/petition.html

I made a typo but I typed it up in 5 mins so I could care less. I'm goin to bed. :peace:

gr8slayer
09-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Do yo honestly think Donahoe cares about an online petition?

Jimbuktu
09-13-2005, 10:22 AM
who cares, I'M SIGNING IT! Best jerseys in the NFL! Even my Jets brother and Dolphins friend agree!

ZEUS
09-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Pease no, put them back in the closet where they belong.

Drive 4 Five
09-13-2005, 10:29 AM

He might considering 90% of the entire fan population has been on this site at one time or another. This place rules. Do what you want. I'm signing on right now.

Bill Brasky
09-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Who cares. Nobody's forcing you to sign it.

Mr. Cynical
09-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Good job! :10:

Spread the word on other sites as well....who knows, it could work. Stranger things have happened. Can someone make this a sticky? Also sportsuser101 supposedly works for ESPN...maybe he can help get some attention....you never know. Chris Berman is a huge Bills fan....

Bill Brasky
09-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Good job! :10:

Spread the word on other sites as well....who knows, it could work. Stranger things have happened. Can someone make this a sticky? Also sportsuser101 supposedly works for ESPN...maybe he can help get some attention....you never know. Chris Berman is a huge Bills fan.... I told a few of my friends... I hope others can spread the word as well. I'm not a member on any other fan boards, and I don't like spamming otherwise I'd post elsewhere.

McClane
09-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I signed.

AndreReed83
09-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Chris Berman said he liked them. And Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser on PTI said the Bills should switch to them.

Tiburon1724
09-13-2005, 11:17 PM
As long as they keep the current logo/helmet!

FlyingDutchman
09-14-2005, 12:14 AM
When Buffalo uses them again against SD, SD is wearing their throwbacks right? I believe so, if thats the case does Buffalo have a road throwback? Or is SD wearing white? Both throwbacks are pretty similar, whats goin on with that?

Marvelous
09-14-2005, 04:43 AM
exactly. That throwback logo sucks.. The only reason i could see someone liking it is to be different or they like SUPER super simple. My wife likes it. /rolls eyes

Marvelous
09-14-2005, 04:44 AM
When Buffalo uses them again against SD, SD is wearing their throwbacks right? I believe so, if thats the case does Buffalo have a road throwback? Or is SD wearing white? Both throwbacks are pretty similar, whats goin on with that?
The road throwback rocks!! Check ebay for Bills jerseys and you will see a few Losmans.. It looks freakin nice....

MarvLevy
09-14-2005, 07:07 AM
old helmet is better

helmetguy
09-14-2005, 07:20 AM
I agree completely.

ZEUS
09-14-2005, 07:45 AM
It's 2005, not 1968. Twice a year is about all I can take of the throw back uniforms, yuck.

HAMMER
09-14-2005, 07:48 AM
The road throwback rocks!! Check ebay for Bills jerseys and you will see a few Losmans.. It looks freakin nice....
I didn't know they had a road throwback too, it is not marketed that I know of.

Bill Brasky
09-14-2005, 01:05 PM
spread the word guys. only 29 sigs so far.

SABuffalo786
09-14-2005, 01:14 PM
It's 2005, not 1968. Twice a year is about all I can take of the throw back uniforms, yuck.

The old ones are so much classier than the current ones.

BuffaloRanger
09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Why are the throwback uniforms so great and classy? They are blue with red and white stripes. Big Deal. They look like a high school uniform.

The NFL will not allow a team to wear their throwback jerseys for more than 2 games. Check the "Ask TD a question." page on BuffaloBills.com.

Online petitions are useless. No real signatures.

SABuffalo786
09-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Why are the throwback uniforms so great and classy? They are blue with red and white stripes. Big Deal. They look like a high school uniform.

I like the lighter blue better than the dark blue. Stays true to traditional Buffalo colors.

The big thing for me is the old logo. Very understated. I dunno, the charging Buffalo is alright, but it just gives off a cartoony vibe for me.

But no big deal.

Crisis
09-14-2005, 03:22 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JP-LOSMAN-BUFFALO-BILLS-NFL-THROWBACK-JERSEY-SEWN-s_W0QQitemZ5239626564QQcategoryZ24949QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Away throwback?

Jimbuktu
09-14-2005, 03:44 PM
i don't understand how ANYONE could actually like our current uniforms over the throwback ones ... it isn't even a comparison ... we are the joke of the NFL in our current togs ... please make the throwbacks official, I can't stand having my team be the eyesore of the NFL with jerseys that look like absolute crap

how could you not like the throwbacks? they are amazing ... so simple and so classy, and they are damn good looking too ... what a uniform should be ... not the cluster**** that we usually wear

BuffaloRanger
09-14-2005, 05:34 PM
No where on either uniform is the team name or team logo. Until the Bills stop looking like a high school team (old uni's) or the texans/broncos (new uni's) I can't say that I love either.

The Bills are one of only a handful of teams with no name or logo. Teams that don't - Bears, Packers, Colts, and Browns have years more history and those uniforms are unmistakable.

Mad Bomber
09-14-2005, 05:39 PM
I signed it.

Bill Brasky
09-15-2005, 01:45 PM
I signed it.
:pet: good boy

chubluv
09-15-2005, 02:18 PM
We dont have a road throwback. i thought the league says you can only use 3 unis during a season. By the way that ebay auction is a lie. Reebok makes all the NFL jerseys now and there is no NFL logo on the neck line.

I signed the pettion also. I love the throwbacks.

Bill Brasky
09-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Watching the hotlist another ESPN goon, Mark Schlerth, said we should revert to them.

Everybody loves them.

I'd rather see them talk about the play of the team instead of the stupid jerseys everytime. Nobody has said anything about the Bills unless it concerns the jersey. :down:

ddaryl
09-15-2005, 02:23 PM
The old ones are so much classier than the current ones.
How ?

We have a lame ass standing / Grazing Buffalo which looks like its dying ot be tipped over

I also do not care for the bright blue and over abundance of white stipes on the jersey itself.

I'll sign any petition that limits the use of throwback uniforms to 1 or 2 times a year, and even though I am not overwhelmed with our present jerseys, I DO LIKE THEM BETTER THEN THE THROWBACKS

MarvLevy
09-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Watching the hotlist another ESPN goon, Mark Schlerth, said we should revert to them.

Everybody loves them.

I'd rather see them talk about the play of the team instead of the stupid jerseys everytime. Nobody has said anything about the Bills unless it concerns the jersey. :down:
THIS LEAGUE ONLY CARES ABOUT 5-10 TEAMS..
1.PATRIOTS..CHAMPS AND WHY NOT?
2.EAGLES..THEY LOVE T.O.
3.COWBOYS...DREW NEVER GOT THIS MUCH PUB HERE
4.STEELERS
5.COLTS..PEYTON
6.RAVENS..I HAVE NO FREEKIN IDEA
7.FALCONS..THEY LOOOOVE VICK
8.JETS..IT'S NYC
9.PACKERS..FARVE

IF U AINT ONE OF THESE TEAMS..U WONT BE ON SPORTSCENTER

ddaryl
09-15-2005, 02:26 PM
i don't understand how ANYONE could actually like our current uniforms over the throwback ones ... it isn't even a comparison ... we are the joke of the NFL in our current togs ... please make the throwbacks official, I can't stand having my team be the eyesore of the NFL with jerseys that look like absolute crap

how could you not like the throwbacks? they are amazing ... so simple and so classy, and they are damn good looking too ... what a uniform should be ... not the cluster**** that we usually wear
I don't understand how anyone can like those throwback pieces of crap. My wife and I both we're laughing at how lame the throwbacks are.

That Helmet is the ugliest helmet every made IMO. The charging Buffalo is the only way to go. teh standing Buffalo does not represent the Bills or the teams attitude IMO.

The over abundace of lame white stripes with a nice friendly bright blue for our jerseys sucks just as bad as the helmet.

I prefer our present red helmets withthe charging Buffalo, and I defintiely prefer our present jerseys over what they wore against Houson

Bill Brasky
09-15-2005, 02:28 PM
THIS LEAGUE ONLY CARES ABOUT 5-10 TEAMS..
1.PATRIOTS..CHAMPS AND WHY NOT?
2.EAGLES..THEY LOVE T.O.
3.COWBOYS...DREW NEVER GOT THIS MUCH PUB HERE
4.STEELERS
5.COLTS..PEYTON
6.RAVENS..I HAVE NO FREEKIN IDEA
7.FALCONS..THEY LOOOOVE VICK
8.JETS..IT'S NYC
9.PACKERS..FARVE

IF U AINT ONE OF THESE TEAMS..U WONT BE ON SPORTSCENTER
I hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

Actually they love the Giants and Redskins too.

buffalofan19
09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JP-LOSMAN-BUFFALO-BILLS-NFL-THROWBACK-JERSEY-SEWN-s_W0QQitemZ5239626564QQcategoryZ24949QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Away throwback?
That is not an away throwback. First of all, the Bills never issued one, if they did, they'd be selling by now. Also, look at the jersey, it's made by Puma. If it were really an issued away throwback, it would have been made by Reebok, who owns all rights to NFL jerseys.

The Bills will be wearing the exact same jerseys in San Diego as they did last week. For that reason, the Chargers won't be wearing their powder blue throwbacks either. The colors are too similar, and as far as I know, the Chargers didn't issue a road throwback either.

And I like the current uniforms better, even the road ones.

fabolouspaul
09-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Unfortunately, the Chargers are wearing their power blue throwbacks on our Nov. 20th game against them which means we cant wear ours. :down:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/050907&num=0 Scroll down to the middle of the page.

BTW, i think the throwback unis we wore on sunday are the best football jerseys i have ever seen!!! If we switch to those jerseys...and the white helmet with the charging blue buffalo, that would be amazing!!!

MarvLevy
09-15-2005, 02:53 PM
That is not an away throwback. First of all, the Bills never issued one, if they did, they'd be selling by now. Also, look at the jersey, it's made by Puma. If it were really an issued away throwback, it would have been made by Reebok, who owns all rights to NFL jerseys.

The Bills will be wearing the exact same jerseys in San Diego as they did last week. For that reason, the Chargers won't be wearing their powder blue throwbacks either. The colors are too similar, and as far as I know, the Chargers didn't issue a road throwback either.

And I like the current uniforms better, even the road ones.

that is just a bogus attempt to make money. its a puma jersey with letters and #'s on it...

Bill Brasky
09-15-2005, 03:15 PM
that is just a bogus attempt to make money. its a puma jersey with letters and #'s on it...
lol. PUMA!