PDA

View Full Version : I got this Feeling about JP Losman

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 12:36 PM
After watching the Houston game I think we have our man. JP has a swagger about him, a self assured confidence that he can succeed. Not since Jim Kelly have I felt that we have a real leader here. This kid can ball and he really is excited to be there and to play. His energy and confidence will spill over to the rest of the team, including the D and just make us better. Does anyone else see this or feel this way about the situation?

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2005, 12:41 PM
He's a gamer. That's for sure.

OpIv37
09-13-2005, 12:49 PM
He looked really impressive- much better than I expected him to. But I'm not going to get too excited yet. Remember the first two games of '03? Not saying that the same thing will happen this year- just that I'm not going to read too much into it this early.

Does anyone really think the Dolphins and Cowboys are as good as they looked on Sunday? Does anyone really think the Ravens, Broncos and Jets are as bad as they looked on Sunday? (well, the Broncos may be). The signs are encouraging for JP, but it's only one game.

ddaryl
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm glasd Losman is our future. He has shown me he has what it takes to be successful in the NFL. Hopefully it will be a long helathy career

ublinkwescore
09-13-2005, 01:15 PM
and a career spent in red white and blue with a large stampeding mammal on the helmet.

pintokid53
09-13-2005, 01:26 PM
he did really good for his first game, for the most part, i think some of those field goals would have been touch downs if the running game would have got going early in the game like it did in the second half

Drive 4 Five
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
After watching the Houston game I think we have our man. JP has a swagger about him, a self assured confidence that he can succeed. Not since Jim Kelly have I felt that we have a real leader here. This kid can ball and he really is excited to be there and to play. His energy and confidence will spill over to the rest of the team, including the D and just make us better. Does anyone else see this or feel this way about the situation?

Took you that long to realize that?

OpIv37
09-13-2005, 01:46 PM
he did really good for his first game, for the most part, i think some of those field goals would have been touch downs if the running game would have got going early in the game like it did in the second half

I have to watch the game on Tivo to tell for sure, but it seemed to me that they were putting 8 in the box to stop the run early in the game, basically trying to force Losman to beat them. Once he completed a few passes, the D was forced to back off to cover our receivers and that's when the running game got started.

EDS
09-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I have to watch the game on Tivo to tell for sure, but it seemed to me that they were putting 8 in the box to stop the run early in the game, basically trying to force Losman to beat them. Once he completed a few passes, the D was forced to back off to cover our receivers and that's when the running game got started.

Very true.

Way to early to call JP a savior. Lets just hope he can build on a solid start.

Jan Reimers
09-13-2005, 02:09 PM
JP played with poise and confidence his first time out. He threw well and ran effectively when the opportunity arose. Sure, it's too early to annoint him the second coming of Jim Kelly, and he'll certainly struggle at times this year, but based on his debut, you really have to like his chances of becoming a top gun in this league.

Novacane
09-13-2005, 02:20 PM
He's the next Ryan Leaf. Holcomb should start this Sunday. ;)

OpIv37
09-13-2005, 02:24 PM
He's the next Ryan Leaf. Holcomb should start this Sunday. ;)

Holcomb sucks too- he reminds me of Dave Krieg. Just let Matthews start- he's the only QB on the roster that's worth a damn.

Also, Lindell sucks cuz none of his FG's were over 45 yards. Let Jason Peters kick them.

Tatonka
09-13-2005, 02:43 PM
you know what i loved the most.. did you see him erupt when he hit evans on that long bomb.. that had me so fired up i was jumping in the air too.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 02:59 PM
you know what i loved the most.. did you see him erupt when he hit evans on that long bomb.. that had me so fired up i was jumping in the air too.
I was there at the stadium and seen that, he was so happy.

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2005, 03:14 PM
I know that feeling, I have a good friend, with a big problem...roots for the dallas vaqueras, and he is a pain in the @$$. I think he had enough with that play too. And, here was when I grab my first beer too!!!!

Seventeen&0
09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
He looked really impressive- much better than I expected him to. But I'm not going to get too excited yet. Remember the first two games of '03? Not saying that the same thing will happen this year- just that I'm not going to read too much into it this early.

Does anyone really think the Dolphins and Cowboys are as good as they looked on Sunday? Does anyone really think the Ravens, Broncos and Jets are as bad as they looked on Sunday? (well, the Broncos may be). The signs are encouraging for JP, but it's only one game.
No, actually the Dolphins are going to be better than they looked on Sunday. We killed ourselves in the first half. The second half is more of an indication of what the Dolphins will be like this year. Alot better than anyone, except Homer Dolphin fans, thought.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 05:46 PM
8-10 for 119 yards in 1st. Qtr. Impressive
4 of 10 for 27 yards in second half.
9-18 for 49 yards after the 1st Qtr.

Looks like the Texans figured JP out after the 1st QTR. Im not going consider RJL the next best thing since sliced bread based on 1 good QTR of play. He played well but needs alot of improvement if the Bills are going beat good teams.

Who would of thought Drew Sacksoe would be leading the NFL in Ratings after week 1?

Novacane
09-13-2005, 05:50 PM
You really are a jackass insisitng on calling him RJlosman :rolleyes:

STAMPY
09-13-2005, 05:52 PM
You really are a jackass insisitng on calling him RJlosman :rolleyes:

Attack the post not poster MyFair Lady :snicker:

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh well. Like Flutie didn't have many nicknames when he was here. Were all the people who gave Flutie a nickname also a jackass?

STAMPY
09-13-2005, 05:54 PM
JP is a thurabread. Watch Out NFL

We are coming to town. Bills are no joke

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 05:55 PM

Can' t attack the post so has to attack the poster. :D:

Novacane
09-13-2005, 06:02 PM

F that. He deserves it

Novacane
09-13-2005, 06:04 PM

The only thing he has in common with RJ is he's from Cali. Comparing him to RJ is :limp:

STAMPY
09-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Fairway i sense you hate RJ

Tatonka
09-13-2005, 06:49 PM
8-10 for 119 yards in 1st. Qtr. Impressive
4 of 10 for 27 yards in second half.
9-18 for 49 yards after the 1st Qtr.

Looks like the Texans figured JP out after the 1st QTR. Im not going consider RJL the next best thing since sliced bread based on 1 good QTR of play. He played well but needs alot of improvement if the Bills are going beat good teams.

Who would of thought Drew Sacksoe would be leading the NFL in Ratings after week 1?

will you STFU if losman puts up the same numbers this week against tampa in there house and we win? after what they just did to Culpepper on the road..

Tatonka
09-13-2005, 06:52 PM
It really is ****ing gay that you keep saying RJL... why do you ****ing hate the kid so much when he has done nothing wrong yet??? he is 1-0 as our starting qb.. but you continually insult him.. you dont have to sit there and sing his praises all day.. but why the hate?

i really cant see how you enjoy watching the bills.. and i am not so sure your a fan.. your unhappy about winning..

i wish the old tackling dummy would come back.. you are not the same poster that originally had that name.. your just annoying and complain about winning all day..

BAM
09-13-2005, 06:58 PM

:bf1:

Here's to him keeping it up. :beers:

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Promoting the hate will not make it go away, ignore it. JP is doing great and looks great doing it.

BAM
09-13-2005, 07:36 PM
OK B.J. Thomas.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2005, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=Tatonka]It really is ****ing gay that you keep saying RJL... why do you ****ing hate the kid so much when he has done nothing wrong yet??? he is 1-0 as our starting qb.. but you continually insult him.. you dont have to sit there and sing his praises all day.. but why the hate?
QUOTE]

Cause the only thing that I see that needs improvement revolves around the play of the QB.

Defense looks great, Lindell looks good, special teams looked ok, the QB play looked good in the first QTR but after that it wasn't very good.

The Bills don't play Houston every week. The QB play is gonna have to be stepped up.

Don't be a hypocrit, im sure ya used a nickname for a player before.

kevinj22
09-13-2005, 07:44 PM

Does anyone really think the Dolphins and Cowboys are as good as they looked on Sunday? Does anyone really think the Ravens, Broncos and Jets are as bad as they looked on Sunday? (well, the Broncos may be). The signs are encouraging for JP, but it's only one game.I have to agree with the exception of one thing, this kid is for real. I understand that it is one game, but not one person in the stands or watching at home expected to see him so calm and relaxed. The cockiness is a controlled cocky, he knows what he can do and he's not about to be passive. I loved watching him chew out Reed when he ran the wrong route.That reminded me of Kelly. I really think that we have a winner here, this year, maybe, maybe not. In the near future, definitely.

Tatonka
09-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Don't be a hypocrit, im sure ya used a nickname for a player before.

yeah.. for guys who were cosistently bad.. not for young qbs that havent dont anything to deserve a gay ass ****ing nickname that compairs him to a piece of crap the qb that robbed this franchise of 25 million and a 1st round pick. JP Losman played his first ****ing game and didnt turn the ball over.. started out 8 of 10 in his first ever game.. threw a td.. made some plays with his legs.. fired the team up.. and LED US TO A WIN ... but you cant see anything good.. your one of those annoying whiners that cant help but piss and moan like the team is doomed even when all is good at the moment..

you would cry and kick your feet if the bills won the superbowl because they didnt score enough, or the offense had a turnover.. or the defense didnt get enough sacks in the win.

Philagape
09-13-2005, 08:41 PM
When judging JP, you need to choose which standard to judge him by.

If it's compared to the average NFL starting QB, JP still had a decent game. Nice zip on his passes. Accurate for the most part. Made plays with his feet. Showed poise and leadership. Escaped the rush. Only a few mistakes. That's exactly what you ask for on a team that's led by its running game, defense and ST.

Now, if you judge JP considering that it was his FIRST NFL START, then it was extraordinary. Mouth-watering. Passed with flying colors. Deserving of every praise you can think of. He played like a veteran.

Novacane
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM

not really. I just hate dummy saying JP will be a failure. Thats what he's doing saying he is RJ

Tatonka
09-13-2005, 08:59 PM
When judging JP, you need to choose which standard to judge him by.

If it's compared to the average NFL starting QB, JP still had a decent game. Nice zip on his passes. Accurate for the most part. Made plays with his feet. Showed poise and leadership. Escaped the rush. Only a few mistakes. That's exactly what you ask for on a team that's led by its running game, defense and ST.

Now, if you judge JP considering that it was his FIRST NFL START, then it was extraordinary. Mouth-watering. Passed with flying colors. Deserving of every praise you can think of. He played like a veteran.

best post i have read this week.

jmb1099
09-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Oh well. Like Flutie didn't have many nicknames when he was here. Were all the people who gave Flutie a nickname also a jackass?
Stupid post, same as the others.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 11:44 PM
1. NE scored 30 points-gave up 20 points & gave up 351 TOTAL NET YARDS

2. Indy scored 24 POINTS gave up 7 points & gave up 401 TOTAL NET YARDS TO THAT PROFILIC SCORING MACHINE BALTIMORE (NOT)

3. Bills scored 22 and gave up 7 points & gave up 120 TOTAL NET YARDS.

4. Titans took 303 TOTAL NET YARDS from Pittsburgh, for those who argue for 4th.

5. Eagles took 301 TOTAL NET YARDS from atlanta's vaulted D (Philly looked inept all game and really didn't do anything but still got 301)

If the raiders, baltimore, or houston all played each other at a neutral site (top 3 teams losing opponents), I would take houston just based on talent alone.

We gave up ~65% less total yards to similiar opponents, so I feel the Bills deserve a 3rd place ranking or better based on that performance.

So in the top 5 teams on Fox sports power ranking poll, who had the best total all around performance?? I would say the Bills easily based on combining all sets of stats & yardages.<!-- / message -->

Das_Bills
09-13-2005, 11:53 PM
1. NE scored 30 points-gave up 20 points & gave up 351 TOTAL NET YARDS

2. Indy scored 24 POINTS gave up 7 points & gave up 401 TOTAL NET YARDS TO THAT PROFILIC SCORING MACHINE BALTIMORE (NOT)

3. Bills scored 22 and gave up 7 points & gave up 120 TOTAL NET YARDS.

4. Titans took 303 TOTAL NET YARDS from Pittsburgh, for those who argue for 4th.

5. Eagles took 301 TOTAL NET YARDS from atlanta's vaulted D (Philly looked inept all game and really didn't do anything but still got 301)

If the raiders, baltimore, or houston all played each other at a neutral site (top 3 teams losing opponents), I would take houston just based on talent alone.

We gave up ~65% less total yards to similiar opponents, so I feel the Bills deserve a 3rd place ranking or better based on that performance.

So in the top 5 teams on Fox sports power ranking poll, who had the best total all around performance?? I would say the Bills easily based on combining all sets of stats & yardages.<!-- / message -->

I couldn't agree with you more. I am so excited about the Bills right now I can't contain myself. We are the team that has alot of people talking.

Das_Bills
Proud member of
St Marys Bills Backers

MTBillsFan
09-13-2005, 11:57 PM
JP is the man! Having more than a simple pump of the fist ala bledslow is a good thing! He's a shot in the arm for the offense! The D has TKO now the O has JP!!

GO BILLS!!

Tinboy
09-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Compare JP stats to Mannings first game or Favre. I say he did an excellent job and we should be proud of him.

Mitchy moo
09-14-2005, 07:54 AM
I love this:

This is as helpless as I've felt playing quarterback since I've been in the third grade," Carr said after the Texans managed only 120 yards and 11 first downs against a plundering unit that now invades Tampa for Sunday's home opener.

TigerJ
09-14-2005, 08:36 AM
JP played an excellent first game and I'm cautiously optimistic. I just don't want to get ahead of myself.

STAMPY
09-14-2005, 11:47 AM
JP will be a beast! Watch out. Tampa will learn first hand. Tackle dummy get your Mead notebook out and your number 2 pencil. Take some notes, class will be in session

Mitchy moo
09-16-2005, 11:24 AM
JP will be a beast! Watch out. Tampa will learn first hand. Tackle dummy get your Mead notebook out and your number 2 pencil. Take some notes, class will be in session
I think so too!!

Mr. Miyagi
09-16-2005, 12:35 PM
This kid is Brett Favre 10 years younger. He's got the swagger and the moxie. We're going to the promised land baby. :miyagi:

JD
09-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I see McGahee having an outstanding game even with Tampa's D and them playing at home.