PDA

View Full Version : FOX SPORTS NFL POWER RANKINGS!

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 12:56 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Edited *please do NOT copy entire articles or HTML code inot our site. We are only allowed to copy a few paragraphs from the "copywritten" material.

#1 - Patriots: Will the Patriots go 14-2 again? Not with a schedule including seven games against 10-game winners in 2004, in addition to four others against strong contenders (Bills twice, Panthers, Chiefs). Expect 3-5 losses as the Pats transition from an off-season of upheaval with the loss of both coordinators and their defensive heart in Tedy Bruschi. But don't count out a three-peat.

#2 - Eagles: Many predict doom for Team Turmoil, as some say they missed their window to win a Super Bowl. But rock solid leadership with the tone set by Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb have calmed the troubled waters, even after the Terrell Owens circus and Brian Westbrook holdout. Together again, Philly's Big Three on offense complements Jim Johnson's loaded defense with seven Pro Bowl-caliber starters and a stable of backups who could start on most teams.

#3 - Colts: Expect more record chases for Peyton Manning and his scoring orgy of an offense, but can the Colts "D" up enough under coach Tony Dungy? The front office did its part in the draft by adding defensive rookies known for big-time hits, but the full effects may not be felt until the season's second half. The real mission? Win home-field advantage in the AFC to avoid another January road trip to snowy New England.

#4 - Chargers: With Antonio Gates signed for all but Week 1 against Dallas, the Chargers are poised for another Super Bowl run. QB Drew Brees, currently on a one-year contract, is oddly playing for his job after a Pro Bowl year. It helps to have the NFL's most talented back, LaDainian Tomlinson. They need a pass rush, which is where rookie Shawne Merriman comes in. October will be the litmus test as they face the Patriots, Steelers and Eagles over a four-week span.

#5 - Bills: Hmm, in the Bills you have a team built around a turnover machine on defense (ranked No. 2 overall in 2004), excellent special teams (five kick/punt returns for TDs last year) and an offense led by a young, mobile QB (second-year J.P. Losman) surrounded by a stellar group of runners and receivers ... all set in a football-crazy city in the Northeast. Sounds a lot like last year's Steelers. If Losman is this year's Roethlisberger, watch out.

*This is a prpoer way to use their material*

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2005, 12:59 PM
HOW THE HELL ARE THE JETS 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

LtBillsFan66
09-13-2005, 01:00 PM
Looks like last week's...

ublinkwescore
09-13-2005, 01:00 PM
that one's old.

They need to update it.

I'm liking what I've seen out of young guys that have replaced Drew Bledsoe.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Funny thing is the eagles and the chargers both lost so where is it going to put us in the rankings?

northernbillfan
09-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Funny thing is the eagles and the chargers both lost so where is it going to put us in the rankings?
I'd say the Bills are going to be #3.

capitolneal
09-13-2005, 02:06 PM
I hope we just play to our talent level ALL YEAR remeber 2 yrs ago we were #1 and then all poop hit the fan... hell I'd rather be last and let us sneek up on people

HAMMER
09-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I'd say the Bills are going to be #3.
I think;

NE
Indy
Steelers
Falcons
Chiefs
Bills

5 of the top 6 in the AFC, holy cow!

Tasker
09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
And they are right.

The NFC is a joke with the RAMS and Seahawks making the playoffs, two teams that Buffalo Routed on the road. And then with a better record we dont make the AFC playoffs.

Mitchy moo
09-16-2005, 11:26 AM
And they are right.

The NFC is a joke with the RAMS and Seahawks making the playoffs, two teams that Buffalo Routed on the road. And then with a better record we dont make the AFC playoffs.
Welcome to the current alignment

MarvLevy
09-16-2005, 12:15 PM
1.PATS
2.COLTS
3.FALCONS
4.STEELERS
5.BILLS
6.CHIEFS
7.COWBOYS

Mr. Cynical
09-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Not to get "cynical" on y'all, but it was only one game and it was against the Texans. I'm going to remain extremely cautious until we put together a couple of consecutive wins against real teams.

Mr. Cynical
09-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Not to get "cynical" on y'all, but it was only one game and it was against the Texans. I'm going to remain extremely cautious until we put together a couple of consecutive wins against real teams.
:cynic: