PDA

View Full Version : So after 6 games....

Devin
09-13-2005, 06:40 PM
What would be an acceptable record? Over a third through the season where do you realistically see us?

Try and be realistic please.

Texans - Win
Tampa - Win/Loss
Atlanta - Loss
Saints - Win
Miami - Win
Jets - Win

Tampa is going to depend soley on JP Vs. Tampa's Secondary. I dont believe the rush will be an issue.

I think we will split with Miami this year, now which game that is......... likely the away game I think we post a 6-7 win home record this season if not perfect.

Id be happy with a 4-2 record but 5-1 is realistic. Its imperative we do at least 4-2 over these first 6 games because the next stretch is very tough for us.

don137
09-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Any one of those games are winnable. Atlanta does not scare me. I have confidence in our team. I am not saying we will win all those games. I am just saying I feel this team is good enough to win any of them.

BAM
09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
I think the Jets will come together by the time we play 'em. We'll still win though.

Tampa - Win 17-12
Atlanta - Loss 24-17
Saints - Win 28-10
Miami - Win 23-20
Jets - Win 20-13

Crisis
09-13-2005, 08:14 PM
6-0

JefftheBillsfan
09-13-2005, 08:25 PM
anyone else think this might be the year we split with everyone in the division?

as for the topic, ill be the optimist and say 5-1.

Typ0
09-13-2005, 08:30 PM
I'll settle for 6 - 0. I think our defense is out to prove they are the best and they are going to throw teams into convlusions. If the offense really starts to come together we might just go undefeated.

jamze132
09-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I'll settle for 6 - 0. I think our defense is out to prove they are the best and they are going to throw teams into convlusions. If the offense really starts to come together we might just go undefeated.
I second that motion! If our offense can get 20 points every game, a 16 win season is very possible.

Novacane
09-13-2005, 09:17 PM
We're not losing to a team with a running back at QB. With our secondary and Vicks poor accuracy we can just single cover thier recievers and put a spy on MV.

Meathead
09-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Please, share some of your time and dollars to help victims of IES - Irrational Exuberitis Syndrome.

Devin
09-13-2005, 10:03 PM
lol.

Mitchy moo
09-13-2005, 10:19 PM
6-0

Typ0
09-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Vick better have a TON of room to run when he's running on us or it just might be the last game of his career :snicker:

Jan Reimers
09-14-2005, 05:49 AM
I'd love 6-0, but would take 4-2. I think the two road games will present a challenge.

helmetguy
09-14-2005, 07:29 AM
I'd love 6-0, but would take 4-2. I think the two road games will present a challenge.
I can see 5-1, realistically. What the "1" will be, I have no idea. There's always some unknown entity that can bite one in the ass.

The Seahag
09-14-2005, 07:52 AM
We're not losing to a team with a running back at QB. With our secondary and Vicks poor accuracy we can just single cover thier recievers and put a spy on MV.
I agree with the sentiment and think you're right on about Vick's inability to hit the broad side of a barn from the inside. But spying the guy is easier said than done. The only guy on this team who can put a hand on him is Clements and asking a LB to play every snap on his heels will make us very susceptible to both WDunn and Crumpler.
Our best bet might just be to have both our ends play a contain game and keep him in the pocket where he's not likely to do as much damage. Either that or spend the whole 1st qrtr taking personal fouls by hitting him late every time he drops back and then telling Sam Adams to fall on him.
oooooooooooof!!!

TheBrownBear
09-14-2005, 08:44 AM
I originally predicted a 6-10 record this season but Losman seems to be improving. I think the Bills should post a 4-2 or 3-3 record over their first 6. If Losman continues to play like he did on Sunday, then 5-1 isn't out of the question.

OpIv37
09-14-2005, 08:49 AM
I think we stand a chance against Atlanta but they have a slight edge. Against Tampa Bay this week, I think it's the opposite- we have the edge but visiting the Bucs is no easy win. There's no reason why we shouldn't come out of it 4-2, with one loss coming from an NFC team and one from a division opponent.

One advantage of our schedule: if we struggle over the next few weeks, they'll be NFC losses. Our AFC record is what kept us out of the playoffs last year (well, that and Bledsoe and Lindell and a poor running game at the beginning of the year and our D choking against Pittsburgh... but nevermind that now).

justasportsfan
09-14-2005, 09:04 AM
I think we will win against Altanta. Our D matches up very well w/ them. Yes, Carr ran against us but we will fix it. It was something we didn't expect him to do.

RedEyE
09-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Texans - Win
Tampa - Loss
Atlanta - Win
Saints - Win
Miami - Win
Jets - Loss

I'll say 4-2 after 6 games with a definite loss in Tampa and badgame against the Jets.

Buffalo has the LBs to contain Vick. The Falcons do not have the WRs to move the ball, especialy against our secondary. Willis should have a good day, but I don't expect a great day...again, it will be up to Losman and the Bills receivers to get it done. The Falcons D does not use a lot of disguises. AS long as Losman keeps the mistakes to a minimum, this game has the potential of shocking the rest of the league as Buffalo destroys Atlanta around 28 - 7.

The Tampa game will be a low scoring game, and I expect the Bills to lose as they rely on Lindell's leg for a win. Tampa 12 - 9.

Miami had a fluke game against the Broncos. This should be a sure win. Buffalo 27 - 10

Jets will battle back to become a better team quickly. This is my projected other loss for Buffalo. Chances of us sweeping the AFC East are highly unlikely, and the Jets always seem to give us trouble in seasons that we should beat them. Jets 28 - 19

The Saints. Being homless will begin to claim it't toll. The Bills will crush them horribly. Bills 32 - 13.

Nic82
09-14-2005, 05:02 PM
We should go 6-0, but I would be happy with 5-1. We will sweep the weak NFC again this year. All the games will be blowouts like last year. We could lose against NY or Miami because we are in the best division and division games are always tough.

Sportsuser101
09-14-2005, 05:05 PM
Honestly the Saints game is the only game that really worries me. I think we'll win the other games.

Meathead
09-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Texans - Won
Tampa - Win
Atlanta - Loss
Saints - Win
Miami - Win
Jets - Loss

Atlanta looks very, very tough on D and plenty good enough on O to win in a warm weather game at the Ralph.

And the Bills always lose to the Jets just to piss me the hell off.

Nic82
09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Honestly the Saints game is the only game that really worries me. I think we'll win the other games.
Why? The Saints have a horrible defense. Willis will run wild!

Billsman12
09-14-2005, 05:40 PM
How come everyone assumes Atlanta is a loss.. we gotta great defense and were at home..Atl was impressive on MNF but i think we win...we will have a tougher time with Tampa on the road..IMO

Devin
09-14-2005, 05:43 PM
As I said 5-1 and 6-0 are doable of course but I think 4-2 is more realistic. Like it or not we will having growing pains this year with JP. I think we can probably bet on a 10-6 season. Which I def. will not complain about.

Night Train
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I just hope to be 5-3 during the bye-week. That would be great for this team.

It's a growing process with JP and crying after every loss isn't going to change that. He'll get a little bit more of the playbook each week but teams will now have film on him and it will become harder. The D and ST's will win a couple close ugly games for us.

JD
09-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Tampa - CLOSE GAME but Bills should take it...expect ALOT of pressure on JP the entire game, their going to come out blazing on him. They know what our defense can do to them and they will try to dominate our QB in anyway they can. I hope JP can connect on his deep ball, if he can there will be alot of happy faces in Buffalo monday morning.

Atlanta - Win <---Why is everyone worried about this game? In front of a home crowd of roaring fans, most likely we will have parrish back in this game. We will stop vick in the air, force him to make turnovers, we just have to stop him on the run. That's all.

Saints - Win <---We will probably have more fans in the stadium for this game, I'm sure this will pump up the Bills for sure. With all respect to NO and all but I think this game is ours.

Miami - Win <---It will probably be closer than we imagine but I still say we pull out with the big W.

Jets - Win <---Well, the J-E-T-S....Suck-Suck-Suck

I'm being as realistic as possible, I just honestly feel if JP continues to play the way he did in the Houston game we will win alot of games.

Devin
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah thats what I mean, this season I sort of expect dumb losses to perhaps happen. The kid will need room to grow, but after week 1 (bar a few dumb passes) he set the bar high.

Either way, i think we are in for the best year we have had in a very long time.

JD
09-14-2005, 06:05 PM
How come everyone assumes Atlanta is a loss.. we gotta great defense and were at home..Atl was impressive on MNF but i think we win...we will have a tougher time with Tampa on the road..IMO
Couldn't agree with your more!
:posrep: