PDA

View Full Version : Marc Colombo released

X-Era
09-13-2005, 08:49 PM
He is a former 1st rounder, 6" 8" and 317. He certainly has ability. Why not try him out and see if we can add some depth?

Dozerdog
09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
I think the worst offensive team in the NFL cut him because he sucks.

Tatonka
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
damn.. i remember liking him coming out of college.. where did he go again?

i guess i just assumed that he turned into a quiet but good player.

Dozerdog
09-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Was he on the opening day roster & cut this week or cut before the game Sunday?

If the Bears waited until today- boy are they stupid. It guarantees his contract against the cap all year. if they cut him for game 1, they may re-sign him. That way if he gets hurt (again) or just sucks- they can cut him whenever and only have games that he was on the roster count vs the cap.

Meathead
09-13-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't want him.

He's out of shape, he's a slob, he smokes, and he asks the same question over and over again.

http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~esplaver/images/columbo.jpg

Jan Reimers
09-14-2005, 06:09 AM
I'm usually not in favor of taking bad teams' rejects, but Colombo (Boston College) is just turning 27 - and the Bears did give us Mike Gandy, who is doing pretty well. I think the Bills should at least take a look, unless McNally has seen enough of Colombo not to like him.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2005, 06:15 AM
He had a pretty bad knee blowout when he was a rookie and pretty much missed a year or two.

That, and he sucks.

don137
09-14-2005, 06:45 AM
, and he sucks.

Then he will fit right in... :D

:jk:

TigerJ
09-14-2005, 08:43 AM
I don't want him.

He's out of shape, he's a slob, he smokes, and he asks the same question over and over again.

http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~esplaver/images/columbo.jpg
And he has a glass eye!

Kerr
09-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I'm usually not in favor of taking bad teams' rejects, but Colombo (Boston College) is just turning 27 - and the Bears did give us Mike Gandy, who is doing pretty well. I think the Bills should at least take a look, unless McNally has seen enough of Colombo not to like him.

Good call. He might bring good depth.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm surprised that the Bears gave up on him--they moved Gandy to guard because they wanted to get Colombo into the line-up. The only reason that I can think of for them cutting him--other than for salary reasons--is that they don't feel that he has recovered from his injuries sufficiently to be able to play well anymore.

I wouldn't mind having McNally take a look at him to see if he thinks he is better than what we've got--and I would trust McNally's judgement on that--but I suspect that the Bills would be reluctant to bring him in unless they really thought that he clearly had more potential than the guys that are already on the team. I think the Bills are looking to develop some younger guys who they can train to do things their way down the road: Preston, Peters, Geissinger, McFarland. I'm not sure that they would be interested in a 27 year old with two bad knees unless he was someone who they think will fit into the particular type of guy that they are looking for and he is willing to buy into McNally's sytem right from the start. I just don't know if Colombo fits into that mold. McNally would have to be the one to make that call.

mysticsoto
09-14-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm surprised that the Bears gave up on him--they moved Gandy to guard because they wanted to get Colombo into the line-up. The only reason that I can think of for them cutting him--other than for salary reasons--is that they don't feel that he has recovered from his injuries sufficiently to be able to play well anymore.

I wouldn't mind having McNally take a look at him to see if he thinks he is better than what we've got--and I would trust McNally's judgement on that--but I suspect that the Bills would be reluctant to bring him in unless they really thought that he clearly had more potential than the guys that are already on the team. I think the Bills are looking to develop some younger guys who they can train to do things their way down the road: Preston, Peters, Geissinger, McFarland. I'm not sure that they would be interested in a 27 year old with two bad knees unless he was someone who they think will fit into the particular type of guy that they are looking for and he is willing to buy into McNally's sytem right from the start. I just don't know if Colombo fits into that mold. McNally would have to be the one to make that call.
Can he be any worse than Jerman? Is that even possible?

Ickybaluky
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM

If the Bears waited until today- boy are they stupid. It guarantees his contract against the cap all year. if they cut him for game 1, they may re-sign him. That way if he gets hurt (again) or just sucks- they can cut him whenever and only have games that he was on the roster count vs the cap.

That is only true for veterans with 4 or more years of experience. He does not fall into that category, so he doesn't get his salary.

As for picking him up, only if he passes the medical tests. He was a promising prospect coming out of BC, but he has had some severe knee injuries that may have ended his career prematurely.

Earthquake Enyart
09-14-2005, 12:59 PM

Have you seen the Bears QB"s?

Yes, Angelo is a ******.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Can he be any worse than Jerman? Is that even possible?As NE39 and others have pointed out, he has had a couple of serious knee injuries, so, yes, believe it or not, he potentially could be. Jerman may not be any good, but at least he can still move around. If Colombo has had more problems with his knees, he may not be able to do even that. Now, I know that with Jerman it's a close call, but even a guy, like Jerman, who stinks but can move around some has to be better than a guy who is crippled and can't.

I know...I know...it's close, real close..... :lol:

osos
09-14-2005, 03:09 PM
As NE39 and others have pointed out, he has had a couple of serious knee injuries, so, yes, believe it or not, he potentially could be. Jerman may not be any good, but at least he can still move around. If Colombo has had more problems with his knees, he may not be able to do even that. Now, I know that with Jerman it's a close call, but even a guy, like Jerman, who stinks but can move around some has to be better than a guy who is crippled and can't.

I know...I know...it's close, real close..... :lol:
Mcnally may have to take a good look at him,
and if he is ok, he would be great for depth purpose
sign the guy if he is worth it

HHURRICANE
09-14-2005, 03:24 PM
And he has a glass eye!
Somebody with a sense of humor on this site. That was f...ing funy!!!!!

osos
09-14-2005, 03:31 PM
how expensive he will become if we sign him ???