PDA

View Full Version : Fins/Jets game predictions?

texasphinsfan
09-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I know we are all mortal enemies, but since you hate both the dolphins and jets equally (or most of you do anyway), putting bias and subjectivity aside, which team do you think will pull out the W this weekend?

I don't mean who you want to win, i mean who you *think* will win, and substantiate your prediction by what factors lead you to believe that. I am interested in hearing what our bretheren in the AFC east think of this matchup...

Italian Stallion
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
The jets by 10. They got embarassed last week and in their home opener they will play much better. Martin will have 125+ total yards...

Jets 23 Fish 13

Ickybaluky
09-14-2005, 11:21 AM
I think the Jets bounce back and win at home.

The Jets are not as bad a team as they showed last week, and Miami doesn't have the home field. I don't think it will be high-scoring, but I think the Jets win a close game.

I'll predict 17-10.

Luisito23
09-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Though 1 will win both teams are losers!!!!! :bf1:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
09-14-2005, 11:40 AM
13-7 jets at home.

Drive 4 Five
09-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Really tough to predict what will happen when these two teams get together. I personally hope the Jets win simply because both teams will be 1-1.

Mitchy moo
09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Really tough to predict what will happen when these two teams get together. I personally hope the Jets win simply because both teams will be 1-1.
me too, that would be sweet!!

BillsFanInMass
09-14-2005, 11:58 AM
I dont think it matters who wins or loses cause were gonna sweep both of em lol.

The last buffalo fan
09-14-2005, 12:41 PM
tie, so it works in our favor.

Novacane
09-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Jets 24-10

JD
09-14-2005, 12:50 PM
31-17 Jets

Don't get me wrong, Miami has improved. But Denver was highly overrated to begin with. After one of the most embarassing games in Jets history, I am positive they will come back and show their home crowd what kind of team they really are.

MarvLevy
09-14-2005, 01:14 PM
FISH 24 JETS 17

HHURRICANE
09-14-2005, 02:51 PM
The Dolphins won against a mediocre team at home. The Jets, as I predicted, always figure out ways to kill themselves. With that said the Jets should win this game because they are better at every position.

Samphin1
09-14-2005, 04:47 PM
The Dolphins won against a mediocre team at home. The Jets, as I predicted, always figure out ways to kill themselves. With that said the Jets should win this game because they are better at every position.

Better at every position? :lol: Wow, I can honestly say, that with the excpetion of their d-line, there is no other area on defense that I would swith with Miami's. Miami's linebackers are better and believe it or not, I feel Miami's DB's are better, and I think Miami's DB's are suspect still.

On offense, I would take Miami's receiver's and tight ends. Running backs and QB's is a little iffy but I could see the argument for NY. I would probably take their line too. Mawae is still good and is better tan anyone on our line.

But please, New York is talented but I don't hink every unit is better than Miami's.

As for who wins the game? You will have to go to Finheaven tonight to see my breakdown. :)

STAMPY
09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
i bet Bling a Ding. losers has to get a custom avatar for month

Dolphinatic
09-14-2005, 04:52 PM
The more I think about this game the more encouraged (for the Fins) I am. Herm has said he's not worried and the new offense will be OK "by week four." Well, this isn't week four. Lots of talk around about how the Jets will be all fired up to prove something, but if their problem on offense is a new and more complex system, then this is a bad matchup: Miami's new defensive system is all about different looks and coming at you in unexpected ways. Getting fired up isn't going to help so much when what you need is to read defenses and execute better.

On the other hand, it's hard to say how well Miami's offense will do. The line played well enough last week (no sacks), but they're hardly stellar. Frerotte looked real good (24/36, 275 yds, 2 TDs, 1 Int), but again, it's wait and see whether that continues.

I won't be that disappointed with a loss, so long as it's a competitive game, which is still pretty good in week 2, under a new coach with new systems on both sides of the ball, coming off a 4-12 year.

Fins 20, Jets 17

Sportsuser101
09-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Can't stand the Dolphins. Jets I actually root for them when the Bills are out of it. Jets will win this 1 with the crowd on its side.

STAMPY
09-14-2005, 04:55 PM
Jets 27 Fish 10

Uncle Jesse
09-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Dolphins 10

Jets 17

Meathead
09-14-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm pretty confident the Jets will win when Wayne Chrebet throws a TD pass to Pennington to win the game in triple overtime.

Nublar7
09-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Dolphins 17
Jets 13

BleedinGreenNC
09-14-2005, 05:55 PM
It's going to be a VERY close game, but i do think that the Jets will come out on top due to being embarrassed last week, and we are at home.

Jets 24

Fins 10

Samphin1
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
It's going to be a VERY close game, but i do think that the Jets will come out on top due to being embarrassed last week, and we are at home.

Jets 24

Fins 10

How is that a close game?

Crisis
09-14-2005, 07:57 PM
How is that a close game?
The Dolphins actually got on the scoreboard?

Jets - 17
Dolphins - 9

NJFINSFAN1
09-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Though 1 will win both teams are losers!!!!! :bf1:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/171/froghide6mi.gif

RedEyE
09-14-2005, 08:42 PM
This is a win-win situation for Buffalo. If the Fins win, the Jets drop 0-2. Nothing at all wrong with that. Even if the Bills drop 1 game to Tampa Bay, and Miami is 2-0, the Bills will still be the better team on October 9th.

If the Jets win, then Dolphins players will lose faith and momentum falling back to Earth with a thud, refocusing on their previous projections for the year.

feelthepain
09-14-2005, 09:00 PM
20-10 Dolphins, because the Fins are much better then they are given credit for, and because the Jets game last week wasn't a fluke. The Jets are still a good team but this is a division game and they have last weeks beating in the back of their minds. If they even so much as see or sniff a bad play it will snowball!! We have also spanked up on the Jets a few times the last several years. We will be ready to play and well prepared, we have the momentum and the talent to win big, but I see 20 to 10!!

Mike13
09-14-2005, 09:01 PM
This is a win-win situation for Buffalo. If the Fins win, the Jets drop 0-2. Nothing at all wrong with that. Even if the Bills drop 1 game to Tampa Bay, and Miami is 2-0, the Bills will still be the better team on October 9th.

If the Jets win, then Dolphins players will lose faith and momentum falling back to Earth with a thud, refocusing on their previous projections for the year.
Uhhh I dont know if you noticed but the players dont make predictions nor do they care.

As much as I love the Fins and that I hate the Jets, the Fins will lose 20-17, it will be a close good game.

baalworship
09-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Jets 24
Miami 13

Jets will run the ball on Miami and Miami will have a hard time keeping Fiedler/Feeley/Frerotte upright.

RedEyE
09-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Uhhh I dont know if you noticed but the players dont make predictions nor do they care.

As much as I love the Fins and that I hate the Jets, the Fins will lose 20-17, it will be a close good game.
Uhhh...Their previous projections meaning trying to keep their heads above water.

texasphinsfan
09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Jets 24
Miami 13

Jets will run the ball on Miami and Miami will have a hard time keeping Fiedler/Feeley/Frerotte upright.
Fiedler plays for the Jets, BTW....

I think Miami wins this. The Jets might be a better team, but they are in such disarray right now. The new offensive scheme obviously has Chad confused - it will take more than just one game for him to pick it up. That is why Frerotte looks so good right now - he's already used to our OC's scheme. I think Chad's struggling combined with their team's fallen-back-down-to-earth attitude, the Fins eek out a victory here. With Chad ineffective, they become one-dimensional. We focus on stopping the run, and Curtis can't manage 100 yards. They will score, but we will score more. Our offense is SO different from last year alone, that the Jets won't know what to expect. They might fare better in our second matchup, but this game we take.

Fins 31
Jets 17

Lexwhat
09-15-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say that the Dolphins will pull out of NY with an upset. I think it's gonna be a close game, but the Dolphins are very confident, and Nick Saban will have them preparing hard for this game. The Dolphins are at least a year away from reaching their potential, but they are making steps forward. If you ask me, the Jets are taking steps backward.

Although the Chiefs are an excellent run team, the Jets shouldn't have done as bad as they did. Embarassing. Mike Nugent even slipped and missed a 28-yard field goal. If the Dolphins can get to Pennington, he is going to be in for a long day.

I'm not saying the Dolphins are necessarily a better team, but I think they will pull off the upset. Either way, it should be a fun game to watch.

Either way, if the Bills dont win this weekend, I could care less who wins the Dolphins/Jets game.

Lexwhat
09-15-2005, 12:43 AM
Fiedler plays for the Jets, BTW....

I think Miami wins this. The Jets might be a better team, but they are in such disarray right now. The new offensive scheme obviously has Chad confused - it will take more than just one game for him to pick it up. That is why Frerotte looks so good right now - he's already used to our OC's scheme. I think Chad's struggling combined with their team's fallen-back-down-to-earth attitude, the Fins eek out a victory here. With Chad ineffective, they become one-dimensional. We focus on stopping the run, and Curtis can't manage 100 yards. They will score, but we will score more. Our offense is SO different from last year alone, that the Jets won't know what to expect. They might fare better in our second matchup, but this game we take.

Fins 31
Jets 17

IMO, I'm not sure if the Fins win by a 2 TD margin, or score 31 points on NY's turf. 48 points might be too much. I say Dolphins have the edge because of Chambers, Booker, and McMicheal. I havent seen enough of Ronnie Brown to make any distinctions.

By the way, I think the Jets will regret letting Lamont Jordan go. Curtis Martin is a classy guy, but I dont think he is going to make as much of a difference this year as he did last year. IMO, it was their worst off-season move.

gannd
09-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Jets by 13. Miami pulled it out last week but I see the real Dolphins showning up and getting blown out.

Tinboy
09-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Jets 13
Fins 17

JD
09-15-2005, 01:42 AM
20-10 Dolphins, because the Fins are much better then they are given credit for, and because the Jets game last week wasn't a fluke. The Jets are still a good team but this is a division game and they have last weeks beating in the back of their minds. If they even so much as see or sniff a bad play it will snowball!! We have also spanked up on the Jets a few times the last several years. We will be ready to play and well prepared, we have the momentum and the talent to win big, but I see 20 to 10!!
Can we make a wager on paypal of $50?
I can promise you Miami will lose.

Anyone want to take me up on this offer?

Al13
09-15-2005, 05:28 AM
I'm pretty confident the Jets will win when Wayne Chrebet throws a TD pass to Pennington to win the game in triple overtime.

i´m pretty confident, that there is no triple overtime in the regular season.......

mysticsoto
09-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Can we make a wager on paypal of $50?
I can promise you Miami will lose.

Anyone want to take me up on this offer?
Funny how when wagers are brought up, fin fans disappear. It's easy to talk and stick up for your team - if they lose, you can just disappear from this board for awhile (like FTP did when Feeley was demoted)...most fin fans that are posting now are lurkers anyway. But when there is some accountability involved, like in a wager, the fin fans don't stick by their team. I guess they are fair weather fans on the internet also!!!

For the record, I see it something like 24-13 Jets win. For the Jets to lose again would mean they have taken a significant step backward from last year. Many people were picking the Jets to contend against the Patriots this year - and although I doubted that would happen, I didn't picture them taking a step back either. Miami got a good game win, but the Broncos aren't anything special and haven't been for awhile. The Jets are angry and so is Herman Edwards. I picture a whole different Jets team this week!

TigerJ
09-15-2005, 08:07 AM
I haven't got enough of a feel for either team yet. My sense is that the Jets can't be as bad as they looked Sunday, nor cn Miami be as good, but they still might be able to beat the Jets. This is on a wing and a prayer, but we'll say Miami 24 Jets 21.

feelthepain
09-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Funny how when wagers are brought up, fin fans disappear. It's easy to talk and stick up for your team - if they lose, you can just disappear from this board for awhile (like FTP did when Feeley was demoted)...most fin fans that are posting now are lurkers anyway. But when there is some accountability involved, like in a wager, the fin fans don't stick by their team. I guess they are fair weather fans on the internet also!!!

For the record, I see it something like 24-13 Jets win. For the Jets to lose again would mean they have taken a significant step backward from last year. Many people were picking the Jets to contend against the Patriots this year - and although I doubted that would happen, I didn't picture them taking a step back either. Miami got a good game win, but the Broncos aren't anything special and haven't been for awhile. The Jets are angry and so is Herman Edwards. I picture a whole different Jets team this week!
Beting is for idiots....You have no control over the outcome. You can believe in a team and not give something away to prove it. No team will win every week so why give something away and then call it a fact one team is better then another?? Thats a stupid way to evaluate a teams standing and is far from accurate. Does it prove anything if a team loses a game? No, what does it prove?? One guy has more luck then another?? Absolutley, what on gods green earth does that have to do with football, or the loyalty and faith in ones team?? Nothing, grow up and let the out come of the season prove things not your blind faith in gambling. Heres a bet for ya, I'll bet you're no more then 15 years old!!

texasphinsfan
09-16-2005, 12:59 AM
i don't think that is a fair comment. I do not bet, nor do i have $50 to be putting on the table. I'm confident in my team, but i am also a realist - ANYthing can happen any given sunday. A star player could do down with an injury and flip the whole game around. I personally wouldn't wager money because of that fact. New England playing San Fran? Nope, i wouldnt' take that bet of NE winning, even with odds in my favor. But that's just me and my beliefs.... ultra conservative.

That said, your guy here is "calling out" fin fans on a buffalo board. How many fin fans you think read this thread? 4? 6? probably the number that actually posted here. And then who's to say that they returned to read it after they posted? Your boy here posted the offer just now.

if he's man enough, tell him to post that thread on finheaven. I guarantee you'd have some takers.

Seriously, offering a bet to finfans at the end of this thread is like going into a blind school and flicking everybody off... trying to look and sound all hard, but no one is there to see.

BleedinGreenNC
09-16-2005, 07:30 AM
That said, your guy here is "calling out" fin fans on a buffalo board. How many fin fans you think read this thread? 4? 6? probably the number that actually posted here. And then who's to say that they returned to read it after they posted? Your boy here posted the offer just now.

if he's man enough, tell him to post that thread on finheaven. I guarantee you'd have some takers.

Seriously, offering a bet to finfans at the end of this thread is like going into a blind school and flicking everybody off... trying to look and sound all hard, but no one is there to see.You guys are always calling out Bills fans on Finheaven, why cant they call you out on their board?

mysticsoto
09-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Beting is for idiots....You have no control over the outcome. You can believe in a team and not give something away to prove it. No team will win every week so why give something away and then call it a fact one team is better then another?? Thats a stupid way to evaluate a teams standing and is far from accurate. Does it prove anything if a team loses a game? No, what does it prove?? One guy has more luck then another?? Absolutley, what on gods green earth does that have to do with football, or the loyalty and faith in ones team?? Nothing, grow up and let the out come of the season prove things not your blind faith in gambling. Heres a bet for ya, I'll bet you're no more then 15 years old!!

Always the Billszone jester...nothing changes. By the way, "Beting is for idiots"...apparently, so is "bad spelling"!

Who said anything about betting being used to evaluate a teams' standing? Are you hearing voices again? Take your pill and stock up for this weekend. You might want to invest in a few Kleenex boxes too.

Since you asked, "faith" as you yourself mention above is the belief in your team, in what they can accomplish - and in the belief that they are good enough to win and beat another team. But you are so scared that the Dolphins will lose a particular game or games in a season, you don't make the bet b'cse you don't have FAITH in your team. It's easy to talk and say, "Yeah, Miami is going to win!" but when asked to place a wager to show just how much you truly believe that, you back out. What does that prove? That your faith is lacking! Funny how you can use the word itself but you don't seem to fathom what it means. As the 39 yr old with a 15 yr old mentality, maybe you should put down the video of Teletubbies, and take a look at a dictionary!

mysticsoto
09-16-2005, 08:20 AM
i don't think that is a fair comment. I do not bet, nor do i have $50 to be putting on the table. I'm confident in my team, but i am also a realist - ANYthing can happen any given sunday. A star player could do down with an injury and flip the whole game around. I personally wouldn't wager money because of that fact. New England playing San Fran? Nope, i wouldnt' take that bet of NE winning, even with odds in my favor. But that's just me and my beliefs.... ultra conservative.

Seriously, offering a bet to finfans at the end of this thread is like going into a blind school and flicking everybody off... trying to look and sound all hard, but no one is there to see.
Actually there are many bills fans here than post also in finheaven. I don't b'cse I just don't have the time. I am even lucky to pass by here every now and then and post. It's just too much to be reading all the msg boards and try to find time to respond also. And since Finheaven seems to have alot more smack talking and more drivel from homers, I see no point in myself going there.

As to the betting, this is actually from a few weeks back when it 1st began and is directed solely at FTP. He will make comments sounding like he's 100% sure the fins will win a game or something or that the fins will have a winning season. So I offered to make a friendly wager with him and all of a sudden he disappeared for days. Others have followed suit, but once again, he disappears or makes comments now about betting being childish. Whatever.

Sure there is a certain element of surprise - on whether there are injuries or something else that can change an expected outcome. That's why it is called gambling. If the winner were a sure known thing, the game would be boring. We watch games for entertainment. That's all part of the fun!

Samphin1
09-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Actually there are many bills fans here than post also in finheaven. I don't b'cse I just don't have the time. I am even lucky to pass by here every now and then and post. It's just too much to be reading all the msg boards and try to find time to respond also. And since Finheaven seems to have alot more smack talking and more drivel from homers, I see no point in myself going there.

As to the betting, this is actually from a few weeks back when it 1st began and is directed solely at FTP. He will make comments sounding like he's 100% sure the fins will win a game or something or that the fins will have a winning season. So I offered to make a friendly wager with him and all of a sudden he disappeared for days. Others have followed suit, but once again, he disappears or makes comments now about betting being childish. Whatever.

Sure there is a certain element of surprise - on whether there are injuries or something else that can change an expected outcome. That's why it is called gambling. If the winner were a sure known thing, the game would be boring. We watch games for entertainment. That's all part of the fun!

Posting on both boards, I can say the smack flys a lot looser over here. Anytime smakc shows up in the main forum, it is quickly sent to the depths over on finheaven. TOS is violated here on a daily basis with no consequence. Say what you want about homerspeak, but ti is just as rampant here. Everyone who has a team to root for is a homer. :sorry:

As for calling Fin fans out on betting. Come on, we all know the ploy. Nobody wants to bet online at a message board for cash. Doing that is just like what Texas said, flipping off blind people. You know know one is oging to take you up so what is the harm in putting it out there right? Now, bet someone with something a little more friendly like zonebucks, or rep or whatever it is you guys have over here, and I am sure you will find takers.

Betting on sports in general is stupid, betting with opposing fans after getting in a pissing contest at their message board whould be downright ******ed, and you know it.

JD
09-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Always the Billszone jester...nothing changes. By the way, "Beting is for idiots"...apparently, so is "bad spelling"!

Who said anything about betting being used to evaluate a teams' standing? Are you hearing voices again? Take your pill and stock up for this weekend. You might want to invest in a few Kleenex boxes too.

Since you asked, "faith" as you yourself mention above is the belief in your team, in what they can accomplish - and in the belief that they are good enough to win and beat another team. But you are so scared that the Dolphins will lose a particular game or games in a season, you don't make the bet b'cse you don't have FAITH in your team. It's easy to talk and say, "Yeah, Miami is going to win!" but when asked to place a wager to show just how much you truly believe that, you back out. What does that prove? That your faith is lacking! Funny how you can use the word itself but you don't seem to fathom what it means. As the 39 yr old with a 15 yr old mentality, maybe you should put down the video of Teletubbies, and take a look at a dictionary!
OWNED :lmao:

mysticsoto
09-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Posting on both boards, I can say the smack flys a lot looser over here. Anytime smakc shows up in the main forum, it is quickly sent to the depths over on finheaven. TOS is violated here on a daily basis with no consequence. Say what you want about homerspeak, but ti is just as rampant here. Everyone who has a team to root for is a homer. :sorry:

As for calling Fin fans out on betting. Come on, we all know the ploy. Nobody wants to bet online at a message board for cash. Doing that is just like what Texas said, flipping off blind people. You know know one is oging to take you up so what is the harm in putting it out there right? Now, bet someone with something a little more friendly like zonebucks, or rep or whatever it is you guys have over here, and I am sure you will find takers.

Betting on sports in general is stupid, betting with opposing fans after getting in a pissing contest at their message board whould be downright ******ed, and you know it. Oh, I don't know about that. You don't get banned on this forum just b'cse you have a differing opinion. From what I've heard of posters here being banned, any slight talk against the fins and you get banned in finheaven. And I've even seen fin fans comment here that the smack talking at finheaven has increased and that there are alot of new "youngsters" there.

As to what to bet...if you bet something that is meaningless, then who cares? Of course all sorts of people will jump in - it is meaningless. It's only when you have something to lose that now reality sets in. I have a friend who bets consistently on the Dallas Cowboys. They are his team and he chooses the games that he thinks they will win and bets on them. Being smart is knowing which game you think you can take and placing your wager based on the faith of your team accomplishing the win. Being a homer is talking up a storm about how your team is going to win regardless of what you may deeply inside believe is more likely to happen. But when you place a wager, you are forced to truly evaluate whether you believe your team will win or not. That's when it comes out whether you truly believe your team can beat the other, or if it's just the homer in you doing wishful thinking.

In a game involving Bills and NE, I will readily admit that I would not place a wager on that game for the Bills b'cse in my heart I do not truly believe we will take it. Is it possible we take it? Sure. Anything can happen, but the likelihood is lower, so I don't wager. But on last week's game, I would have wagered b'cse I truly believed we would win. This is what I am actually after - and this was directed at FTP and not at the general fin posters here. But since he talks so much crap, I wanted to see at what level did he truly believe Miami was going to have a winning season. Given that he runs and hides every time it is brought up, I think the question has been answered.

JD
09-16-2005, 03:09 PM
I was banned from finheaven for talking smack about the fins....sad

Samphin1
09-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh, I don't know about that. You don't get banned on this forum just b'cse you have a differing opinion. From what I've heard of posters here being banned, any slight talk against the fins and you get banned in finheaven. And I've even seen fin fans comment here that the smack talking at finheaven has increased and that there are alot of new "youngsters" there.

As to what to bet...if you bet something that is meaningless, then who cares? Of course all sorts of people will jump in - it is meaningless. It's only when you have something to lose that now reality sets in. I have a friend who bets consistently on the Dallas Cowboys. They are his team and he chooses the games that he thinks they will win and bets on them. Being smart is knowing which game you think you can take and placing your wager based on the faith of your team accomplishing the win. Being a homer is talking up a storm about how your team is going to win regardless of what you may deeply inside believe is more likely to happen. But when you place a wager, you are forced to truly evaluate whether you believe your team will win or not. That's when it comes out whether you truly believe your team can beat the other, or if it's just the homer in you doing wishful thinking.

In a game involving Bills and NE, I will readily admit that I would not place a wager on that game for the Bills b'cse in my heart I do not truly believe we will take it. Is it possible we take it? Sure. Anything can happen, but the likelihood is lower, so I don't wager. But on last week's game, I would have wagered b'cse I truly believed we would win. This is what I am actually after - and this was directed at FTP and not at the general fin posters here. But since he talks so much crap, I wanted to see at what level did he truly believe Miami was going to have a winning season. Given that he runs and hides every time it is brought up, I think the question has been answered.

There are a lot of new people at finheaven. In fact, I think they we now have over 11,000 members. One of the largest fanbased sites on the net, if not the largest. We do not ban people who come in and wish to talk fins football. We don't tolerate people who come in and write something to the effect of "Y0 the F1$h suck MAJOR A$$ b1tches!, B1lls rock!."

The main board is simply too busy to give the person more than one warning. They are given a chance but if they continue to violate T.O.S., they are gone. End of Story. There are plenty of bills fans who post there who are in good standing ( Clumpy, Justa etc. ). They come in and are allowed a few more potshots than a newbie because they have a history of talking about the fins in a respectable manner, or at least in regular, non-smacking way. It really kind of depends on your background I guess. If you come in and your first post is derogative in nature about the fins ( other than their play ) or another poster, then, yes, most likely you will be on an extremely short leash.

I have been called tons of things on this board without as much as a public warning from the mods. Thats fine if you want it that way. I prefer to talk about football related topics....despite my rant currently... :sorry:

As for gambling. I disagree. I think people who throw out wagers involving money or what have you online behind a computer monitor are stupid. I know you have your reasons. I just find it incredibly annoying. Its like facing a woman in a sport or competition. You can't win. If you beat her, big deal, you were "supposed" to. If you don't, then you are the laughing stock. Same logic applies when throwing out these bravado bets. If you take it and lose, you are an idiot. If you want to root for your team and think they can win, but choose not to bet, then you are a homer who doesn't "really" believe in their team.

Besides, all too often people HAVE taken this bet in the past only to win and have the other person fail to pay off. But seriously, do I have to prove that I believe my team will win by putting money on it? No, if that was the case, why don't you lay down some money on the Bills over the Bucs? Or are you not a real fan? See? Its stupid.

I realize this bet was meant to try an embarrass a certain fin fan. However, you come off looking very immature yourself. Don't get me wrong, for the most part, I enjoy reading a lot of your opinions on the fins and whatnot, but this isn't one of them.

Still friends? :crazed:

feelthepain
09-16-2005, 10:09 PM

I see, you have noting to justify the stupidity of betting, so attack spelling. Thats classic mysticpizza, childish garb!!! I don't really care what you think about me, I just cosider the source, you! And then I realize you know less about football and far more about BS. You wouldn't happen to be a used car salesmen would you??

clumping platelets
09-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Jets bounce back:

23-17

texasphinsfan
09-17-2005, 01:39 AM
You guys are always calling out Bills fans on Finheaven, why cant they call you out on their board?
link?

texasphinsfan
09-17-2005, 01:41 AM
point taken.

you're right, and that's cool. i'm not a gambler. the little money i have i like to keep ;)

texasphinsfan
09-17-2005, 01:52 AM
JD Saber - if its any consolation, i was banned from finheaven before, and i'm a fan. They are more strict than the average site, but i think finheaven is a larger enterprise than most fan boards. This really doesn't matter.... but i have noticed that many fans of other teams we play complain about being banned from finheaven.

The misconception is that you are banned if you don't praise the fins - this is not true. we have many fans of other teams who are critical of our team. But as Samphin said, these are people who have built credibility by making posts that contribute in some way or form.... like he said, Clump, Justa, Ch, BleedinGreen, and the list goes on and on - these guys are regular posters who, from time to time talk smack. They get away with it because they have proven they aren't trolls.

If you don't violate the TOS you won't get banned. Shouldn't be too hard ;)

mysticsoto
09-17-2005, 09:22 AM
I see, you have noting to justify the stupidity of betting, so attack spelling. Thats classic mysticpizza, childish garb!!! I don't really care what you think about me, I just cosider the source, you! And then I realize you know less about football and far more about BS. You wouldn't happen to be a used car salesmen would you??
I have "noting" to justify stupidity except your posts, FTP. I guess I should "cosider" the source. You shouldn't be allowed to post until you atleast pass the 5th grade...

mysticsoto
09-17-2005, 09:48 AM
There are a lot of new people at finheaven. In fact, I think they we now have over 11,000 members. One of the largest fanbased sites on the net, if not the largest. We do not ban people who come in and wish to talk fins football. We don't tolerate people who come in and write something to the effect of "Y0 the F1$h suck MAJOR A$$ b1tches!, B1lls rock!."

The main board is simply too busy to give the person more than one warning. They are given a chance but if they continue to violate T.O.S., they are gone. End of Story. There are plenty of bills fans who post there who are in good standing ( Clumpy, Justa etc. ). They come in and are allowed a few more potshots than a newbie because they have a history of talking about the fins in a respectable manner, or at least in regular, non-smacking way. It really kind of depends on your background I guess. If you come in and your first post is derogative in nature about the fins ( other than their play ) or another poster, then, yes, most likely you will be on an extremely short leash.

I have been called tons of things on this board without as much as a public warning from the mods. Thats fine if you want it that way. I prefer to talk about football related topics....despite my rant currently... :sorry:

As for gambling. I disagree. I think people who throw out wagers involving money or what have you online behind a computer monitor are stupid. I know you have your reasons. I just find it incredibly annoying. Its like facing a woman in a sport or competition. You can't win. If you beat her, big deal, you were "supposed" to. If you don't, then you are the laughing stock. Same logic applies when throwing out these bravado bets. If you take it and lose, you are an idiot. If you want to root for your team and think they can win, but choose not to bet, then you are a homer who doesn't "really" believe in their team.

Besides, all too often people HAVE taken this bet in the past only to win and have the other person fail to pay off. But seriously, do I have to prove that I believe my team will win by putting money on it? No, if that was the case, why don't you lay down some money on the Bills over the Bucs? Or are you not a real fan? See? Its stupid.

I realize this bet was meant to try an embarrass a certain fin fan. However, you come off looking very immature yourself. Don't get me wrong, for the most part, I enjoy reading a lot of your opinions on the fins and whatnot, but this isn't one of them.

Still friends? :crazed:

So that's where all the fin fans are? On the internet instead of at the game...

You have nerve to call me immature and stupid - and yet you blatantly display chauvinistic attitudes as though women are lesser than men. I can tell you one thing, my sensei is a 4th degree black belt and she could kick your ass without breaking a sweat. She started when she was 7 yrs old, got her black belt at 14, and now at 29, she is awesome!!! I used to have a pretty high view of you, but I tend not to like chauvinistic pigs, and you appear to be one!

As to betting, if you don't like it, that's your prerogative - but don't insult others just b'cse they may engage in it. I don't particularly like bird watching - it doesn't mean I go out an insult those that do.

The reason I mentioned betting is b'cse anybody can sit at a msg board and type anything they want. Oh, I think my team is the best, blah, blah, blah, we're going to kick your ass and everyone's. A bet forces you to stand by what you say. All of a sudden, your true beliefs come into play - do I really believe my team can win this week? Or do I really think my team can make the playoffs this year? Now you have to put up or shut up - something alot of people don't have the balls to do - and you have to really think about what you believe will happen. A bet forces those that talk trash to show that they really believe what they say. Having been around msg boards long enough, you should know that there are plenty of people that come around and say something or make a prediction regardless of the likeliness of it to happen (FTP saying Feeley will start and have better numbers than JP is an example). When you encounter Homers like this, I like to see if they really believe what they are saying - usually, they slink back to the depths where they came from b'cse they don't have the balls and are all talk and no true belief.

Once again, if you don't like betting, fine - but you have absolutely no right to condemn or insult another just b'cse you don't like or engage in that sort of activity...

SheltonforPresident
09-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Jets 35 Phins 31

The last buffalo fan
09-17-2005, 11:53 AM
If it is not the sun and heat at Florida, it got to be a virus or something.

Boy what a bunch of crap, two days, too much sh***!!!!

feelthepain
09-17-2005, 12:21 PM

You have nerve to call me immature and stupid - and yet you blatantly display chauvinistic attitudes as though women are lesser than men. I can tell you one thing, my sensei is a 4th degree black belt and she could kick your ass without breaking a sweat. She started when she was 7 yrs old, got her black belt at 14, and now at 29, she is awesome!!! I used to have a pretty high view of you, but I tend not to like chauvinistic pigs, and you appear to be one!

As to betting, if you don't like it, that's your prerogative - but don't insult others just b'cse they may engage in it. I don't particularly like bird watching - it doesn't mean I go out an insult those that do.

The reason I mentioned betting is b'cse anybody can sit at a msg board and type anything they want. Oh, I think my team is the best, blah, blah, blah, we're going to kick your ass and everyone's. A bet forces you to stand by what you say. All of a sudden, your true beliefs come into play - do I really believe my team can win this week? Or do I really think my team can make the playoffs this year? Now you have to put up or shut up - something alot of people don't have the balls to do - and you have to really think about what you believe will happen. A bet forces those that talk trash to show that they really believe what they say. Having been around msg boards long enough, you should know that there are plenty of people that come around and say something or make a prediction regardless of the likeliness of it to happen (FTP saying Feeley will start and have better numbers than JP is an example). When you encounter Homers like this, I like to see if they really believe what they are saying - usually, they slink back to the depths where they came from b'cse they don't have the balls and are all talk and no true belief.

Once again, if you don't like betting, fine - but you have absolutely no right to condemn or insult another just b'cse you don't like or engage in that sort of activity...You being a women never occurred to me....till now, careful your estrogen is showing!! Explains your tendency to critique. I will try to watch my manners.... ma'am!

feelthepain
09-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Once again, if you don't like betting, fine - but you have absolutely no right to condemn or insult another just b'cse you don't like or engage in that sort of activity...

Just like you have absolutely no right to condem or insult those who believe betting is dumb. Your whole rant above was summed up and discounted by your own words in your final sentence....You're very talented, you write a whole paragraph trying to justify betting in your feeble little mind then you end it by telling someone not to do what you just did....classic!!! If you think betting on something that is completely beyond your control is smart, thats up to you. If the Bills lose to the Bucs this week do you think that means the Bills suck, do you think it proves they don't belong in the NFL, do you think they won't win another game the rest of the year?? In the end what will betting on one game prove?? Nothing, absolutely nothing other then for one game someone pick right and someone picked wrong. Ever heard the saying "any given Sunday"?? It's a widely used phrase in the NFL for a reason.... Ma'am!!

texasphinsfan
09-17-2005, 01:34 PM
mystic - i think if a fan talks his team up real big, coming back on monday and owning up to the loss is just as big of a move as betting. I see your point - too much false homerism hopes in your team... but what is the difference (owning-up wise) from betting and showing up on Monday and admitting you were wrong? I'll sit here and honestly say i think the Dolphins will beat the Jets. I won't make outrageous claims of a beat-down or anything, and i won't bet... but i will confidently say that i think the fins will win. In lieu of betting, if you'd prefer, i will own up and start a thread on Monday admitting i was wrong about the Dolphins beating the Jets. The difference between that and betting would be if i did this, it would get a lot more exposure and challenge my credibility (what little i have) on this board. If i do a bet with ONE person, only that person would know or care. Plus this goes back to what Samphin said, what is to keep JD Saber from honoring his bet? This is the internet, its too easy to make outrageous claims or "bets", and if they don't work your way, to back out. Again, i like my team and honestly think they will win this week, but i don't have disposable income to put on the line. I think one can be a fan and have faith in your team without being required to put money on the line...

mysticsoto
09-17-2005, 05:17 PM
You being a women never occurred to me....till now, careful your estrogen is showing!! Explains your tendency to critique. I will try to watch my manners.... ma'am!
You are so unoriginal or uncreative. I guess you too probably fall into the category of looking down on women - probably b'cse your father used to beat your mother and that's why you are so screwed up in the head. I really don't know why you continue to post - you never have anything intelligent to say. You're a waste of my time - take your pills and go to sleep.

Atleast all I have to do is wait for Miami to lose and then you'll disappear...

mysticsoto
09-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Just like you have absolutely no right to condem or insult those who believe betting is dumb. Your whole rant above was summed up and discounted by your own words in your final sentence....You're very talented, you write a whole paragraph trying to justify betting in your feeble little mind then you end it by telling someone not to do what you just did....classic!!! If you think betting on something that is completely beyond your control is smart, thats up to you. If the Bills lose to the Bucs this week do you think that means the Bills suck, do you think it proves they don't belong in the NFL, do you think they won't win another game the rest of the year?? In the end what will betting on one game prove?? Nothing, absolutely nothing other then for one game someone pick right and someone picked wrong. Ever heard the saying "any given Sunday"?? It's a widely used phrase in the NFL for a reason.... Ma'am!!
If you'd learned to read, you'd understand that I didn't condemn or insult him based on his opinion of betting. So now your entire paragraph is invalid - as usual - you have no point to make and are just a waste of space and time.

As to winning or losing this week or another - it does apply, but when you have a good team, they overcome that more often than not. The Patriots have won so many - does it mean they should be losing b'cse it's their turn to lose? When you have a good team, you win more often than not. And losing could be b'cse they didn't put their all into the game, or b'cse the other coach executed a great game plan. Nevertheless - by your style of thinking, every team would be .500 all the time. The Patriots won most games last year b'cse they are good - same with the Steelers. Good teams win - when they clear you for gym class - after you get rid of that androgenous problem, maybe you'll start understanding.

mysticsoto
09-17-2005, 05:37 PM
mystic - i think if a fan talks his team up real big, coming back on monday and owning up to the loss is just as big of a move as betting. I see your point - too much false homerism hopes in your team... but what is the difference (owning-up wise) from betting and showing up on Monday and admitting you were wrong? I'll sit here and honestly say i think the Dolphins will beat the Jets. I won't make outrageous claims of a beat-down or anything, and i won't bet... but i will confidently say that i think the fins will win. In lieu of betting, if you'd prefer, i will own up and start a thread on Monday admitting i was wrong about the Dolphins beating the Jets. The difference between that and betting would be if i did this, it would get a lot more exposure and challenge my credibility (what little i have) on this board. If i do a bet with ONE person, only that person would know or care. Plus this goes back to what Samphin said, what is to keep JD Saber from honoring his bet? This is the internet, its too easy to make outrageous claims or "bets", and if they don't work your way, to back out. Again, i like my team and honestly think they will win this week, but i don't have disposable income to put on the line. I think one can be a fan and have faith in your team without being required to put money on the line...
If you show up Monday and admit you're wrong - all is fine - but how many people here do that? Look at FTP who this was actually originally directed at before Samphin jumped in...Feely is a 3rd string QB and he's still talking about when he comes back he's going to be great???

My post is directed more at Homers than anything else. I don't consider you a Homer and not even Samphin. I'd say you and he are optimistic about your team - but you don't go overboard. I think Homers tend to go overboard and say things that are sometimes illogical and unlikely. The non-homers will point out that however unlikely it may be, they are hoping for x, y and z.

Anyone not following their end of the bet would be discredited here and should be looked down upon by others.

Understand what I am saying, if you are going to talk SO much trash about your team, and then a challenge/bet is placed in front of you, and you don't take it...well then, I think you are a coward. But the key is that you talked SO much trash to begin with. Most fin fans on this board are not like that, but of course you always have your ultra homer fans - and in truth, any board probably has them.

Right now, I wouldn't go to a TB board and talk trash on their board about how we are going to cream them. I do believe we are going to beat them, but I think it is a much tougher game than this past week and I am less certain - maybe 70-75% sure. There's enough doubt that I wouldn't make a bet b'cse Gruden's hybrid cover 2 defense is something that I think may confuse JP and he might make mistakes. But do I sit here or go to their site and act like I believe we are going to win 100%, with no doubt? No, I don't do that unless I'm not worried about the team. But I still believe we will win.

This is getting more long winded than I want, but my whole point is, if you talk the trash, back it up! It's really that plain and simple. If you can't back it up, then STFU. And some fans like FTP, clearly love talking smack b'cse they have no life and no friends, but can't back up anything. In fact, I have yet to hear him say, "I was wrong about Feeley..."

That's all my post is really directed and pointing out. Samphin jumped in and made it a bigger deal than it was and annoyed me by insulting me, but this was just intended toward one homer who can't back up anything he says...

Cntrygal
09-17-2005, 05:38 PM
FIRST... if you guys (and gals) want to keep this little pissing match up - I'll be happy to split the thread for you and send it somewhere else. OR... feel free to start a NEW thread in the correct forum.

SECOND.... back on topic.

I know we are all mortal enemies, but since you hate both the dolphins and jets equally (or most of you do anyway), putting bias and subjectivity aside, which team do you think will pull out the W this weekend?

I don't mean who you want to win, i mean who you *think* will win, and substantiate your prediction by what factors lead you to believe that. I am interested in hearing what our bretheren in the AFC east think of this matchup...

Nope... not equally. I hate the fish more than ANY team in the league. I hope the Jets win.

I agree and it would be great! :10:

Samphin1
09-18-2005, 04:49 AM

I bet you 50 bucks I am not a pig. :lmao:

Oy vey. I come hom from a good party and decide to log on before going to bed. :crap: Way to take things out of context pal. First of all, go back and read my post. Not once did I say women are inferior to men. Not once did I say personally that I find it shameful or unmasculine tolose any type of sporting contest to a women. What i stated is that it is a lose lose situation as a guy. Like it or not, the vast majority of people see women as less superior than men. Personally, I see no shame in losing to a woman. I had a girl on my wrestling team in high school who I was good friends with and didn't care when she pinned me in practice ( actually...kind of liked it ). I did take pride when wrestler from other teams would wrestle above their weight class to wrestle the girl and then leave crying. It was funny to see them underestimate her. So take up your issue with society, not me.

So to accuse me as being a chauvinistic pig only exposes yourself as someone who obviously cannot read a sentence and understand it properly. But that is on you. Good for your female teacher and her ability to kick and punch air... I am sure you guys are really good at it, but that is a topic for another thread.

I love how you say you threw the bet out there because "anybody can sit on a msg board and type anything they want." Like say, making a bet? :lol:
I don't condemn betting. In fact, I won money on the NCAA toruney while in Vegas. What I find stupid is when people come on and slam other posters and ask them to ante up and when they don't, call them posers and homers. Come on, I can have the opinion that a team is going to win without having to bet.

since you didn't like my losing to a girl analogy, maybe I can come up with a better one. It is like you and me disagreeing on a subject. Instead of tlaking it out, or agreeing to disagree, you challenge me to a fight. I tell you I don't want to fight and you call me a coward for not standing up for what I believe. The logic is lacking. I know, you will probably call me some type of pig for talking about fights or something.

I don't have a problem with you. If anything, I think you are a better person than to stoop as low as correcting others spelling erros on message boards ( a clear indication that one is low on material and "losing" ) and throwing out bravado bets. As I said in an earlier post, I like most of the things you write, I just felt this bet thing is a tad childish, thats all. So keep you chauvinistic pig comments to yourself because you have no idea what you are talking about and don't tale this stuff so seriously man.

Afterall, I am just a finfan right? No need to get bent out of shape over what I think. Right?

mysticsoto
09-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I bet you 50 bucks I am not a pig. :lmao:

Oy vey. I come hom from a good party and decide to log on before going to bed. :crap: Way to take things out of context pal. First of all, go back and read my post. Not once did I say women are inferior to men. Not once did I say personally that I find it shameful or unmasculine tolose any type of sporting contest to a women. What i stated is that it is a lose lose situation as a guy. Like it or not, the vast majority of people see women as less superior than men. Personally, I see no shame in losing to a woman. I had a girl on my wrestling team in high school who I was good friends with and didn't care when she pinned me in practice ( actually...kind of liked it ). I did take pride when wrestler from other teams would wrestle above their weight class to wrestle the girl and then leave crying. It was funny to see them underestimate her. So take up your issue with society, not me.

So to accuse me as being a chauvinistic pig only exposes yourself as someone who obviously cannot read a sentence and understand it properly. But that is on you. Good for your female teacher and her ability to kick and punch air... I am sure you guys are really good at it, but that is a topic for another thread.

I love how you say you threw the bet out there because "anybody can sit on a msg board and type anything they want." Like say, making a bet? :lol:
I don't condemn betting. In fact, I won money on the NCAA toruney while in Vegas. What I find stupid is when people come on and slam other posters and ask them to ante up and when they don't, call them posers and homers. Come on, I can have the opinion that a team is going to win without having to bet.

since you didn't like my losing to a girl analogy, maybe I can come up with a better one. It is like you and me disagreeing on a subject. Instead of tlaking it out, or agreeing to disagree, you challenge me to a fight. I tell you I don't want to fight and you call me a coward for not standing up for what I believe. The logic is lacking. I know, you will probably call me some type of pig for talking about fights or something.

I don't have a problem with you. If anything, I think you are a better person than to stoop as low as correcting others spelling erros on message boards ( a clear indication that one is low on material and "losing" ) and throwing out bravado bets. As I said in an earlier post, I like most of the things you write, I just felt this bet thing is a tad childish, thats all. So keep you chauvinistic pig comments to yourself because you have no idea what you are talking about and don't tale this stuff so seriously man.

Afterall, I am just a finfan right? No need to get bent out of shape over what I think. Right?
If you don't think you came off as a chauvinistic pig, maybe you should reread it. And I could care less what you may or may not consider childish or that you think it is low for someone to correct anothers' spelling errors. Clearly picking on FTP is getting to you and I could care less if you want to take the position of being his big brother.

But today is football day and I'm not going to get bent out of shape over what you may think of me or not, or your self appointed, self righteous philosophy on betting. It is your prerogative to believe what you want, but apparently you also judge others and then call them childish if they don't conform to your view.

Enough...I'm going to let this go and let it be my last post on this thread. I much rather jump on the thread about how well the Bills did in this game:gobills: and hopefully, how bad Miami did - although I won't be extremely upset at the Jets going 0-2 either.

Samphin1
09-18-2005, 10:47 AM
If you don't think you came off as a chauvinistic pig, maybe you should reread it. And I could care less what you may or may not consider childish or that you think it is low for someone to correct anothers' spelling errors. Clearly picking on FTP is getting to you and I could care less if you want to take the position of being his big brother.

But today is football day and I'm not going to get bent out of shape over what you may think of me or not, or your self appointed, self righteous philosophy on betting. It is your prerogative to believe what you want, but apparently you also judge others and then call them childish if they don't conform to your view.

Enough...I'm going to let this go and let it be my last post on this thread. I much rather jump on the thread about how well the Bills did in this game:gobills: and hopefully, how bad Miami did - although I won't be extremely upset at the Jets going 0-2 either.

Whatever dude. Comprehension 101 needs to be taken on your part. Message boards wouldn't be much fun if everyone had the same view would it? Just because you are bent out of shape because I don't conform to your views ( see how that pot called the kettle black? ) doesn't mean you need to get upset. I could care less if you attack FTP. My stance was on how ou were trying to make yourself look like a hotshot by thrwoing out some BS bet online on a message board.

I agree with you though. this will be last pot in this thread. It is gameday, and time for more important things, like rooting for my Phins to spank the Jets, and for you, rooting for your Bills. Good luck today, hopefully no injuries for your guys... :stretcher

Talk to you soon. :bf1: