PDA

View Full Version : Are you happy with Losmans first game?

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 11:56 AM
i see a lot of *****ing on the boards about how 300 yards of offense isnt enough.. about Losman only throwing one TD.. about the offense getting field goals instead of TDs.. about the offense slowing down in the 2nd half..

I also see a lot of praise for the kid like he threw for 300 yards and 4 tds..

I am definately very excited.. and i am not going to even put a "cautiously" next to that.. i loved what i saw.. i think he will get better, but i think he looked incredible for his first game out there.. and i am one of the many who had HIGH expectations for his first game, which was probably overdoing it for what you normally get from a 1st time starter.

IMHO, the kid did what he needed.. his mistakes didnt hurt us.. and the most important thing is.. we got the win as a total team effort.. offense, defense, and special teams.

so i want to see where everyone stands.. Are you happy with the play of Losman right now.. yes or no.

madness
09-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Without a doubt! I like everything I've seen so far. He makes quick reads, has a great arm, and has a great feel for sensing the pass rush.

As long as he doesn't develope any bad habits and improves his decision making (done through experience), I can't see him hurting us in the long run at all. :up:

mysticsoto
09-14-2005, 12:12 PM
I was happy with his play and with the added dimension he brings into our offense that Drew never could.

I'm interested in seeing how Gandy fares in this game against TB. If the line plays well this game also, I see JP having a good year. In my opinion, JP's play level is going to depend alot on how the line performs. If he's pressured and forced, he's going to make mistakes that cost us. If the line holds, JP can usually handle a stray blitzer with his mobility and for the most part should make the team pay.

Jan Reimers
09-14-2005, 12:19 PM
JP was poised, confident and decisive. He threw well and ran effectively, and could have had bigger numbers if we had not shut it down somewhat in the second half.

He was error-free in his first start and we won by 15 points. What's not to love?

STAMPY
09-14-2005, 12:20 PM
He won, all i care about

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 12:51 PM
He won, all i care about

shame not everyone can see it that way.

BillsFanInMass
09-14-2005, 01:04 PM
I loved what i saw his numbers werent as good in the second half because they had such a good lead they call alot of conservative plays mostly. My expectations were so high on J.P that i benched Peyton for him in my fantasy league.

fabolouspaul
09-14-2005, 01:07 PM
If our D continues to force turnovers in our opponents territory, our O would be lucky to even get 200 yards a game!

MarvLevy
09-14-2005, 01:13 PM
WE DID AN EXCELLENT JOB!

Kerr
09-14-2005, 01:17 PM
I'm thrilled. I hope it keeps it up.

Bufftp
09-14-2005, 01:29 PM
I picked no, just to exercise my right to be acontradictor.

Bufftp
09-14-2005, 01:29 PM
I picked no, just to exercise my right to be a contradictor. :D

mysticsoto
09-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I loved what i saw his numbers werent as good in the second half because they had such a good lead they call alot of conservative plays mostly. My expectations were so high on J.P that i benched Peyton for him in my fantasy league.

:shocked: Let's not go overboard!!!

ryven
09-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I was happy with his play. Yes he made a couple of bad throws but he threw no interceptions all game and he will get better he seems to work hard at not making the same mistake over and over. overall I am happy with him and he will get better.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-14-2005, 02:50 PM
I was very pleased. For his first NFL start, I thought he showed a great deal of poise and leadership. As I saw it, he only made one bad throw (the near INT) all game--what more can you from your QB? You had veterans like J.Plummer and C.Pennington who didn't play as well as JP did the first time out of the gate.

Does that mean that he won't have some bad games, that he doesn't still have a lot to learn, that he can't play better? Of course he will, he has and he can! But, for his first start, JP did extremely well--a lot better than some QBs who are in the HOF.

Now, I'm not about to book tickets to the Super Bowl or a hotel room in Detroit for the game just yet, but I'm encouraged enough to feel that, even if he has a couple of bad games where he makes some "rookie mistakes", nevertheless. JP is ultimately going to be a good one with a real shot to lead the Bills to a title.

Now, I just hope that he remembers where he put the rest of those Ambien pills...just in case he has a hard time sleeping in Tampa or before any of the remaining games on the Bills' schedule!

osos
09-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Considering that he had his first NFL start, and obviously very he kind of Raw in general, I will say that I loved his performance.

He will have some growing pains, but until this growing pains doesn´t affect on our score board to loose games, we will be ok

Just let him learn and base all our hopes on the D.

The_Philster
09-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Did I like what I saw? yes
Am I satisfied with him playing at that level all season long?no...I expect him to increase his level of play and I have confidence he will do just that :up:

As far as the win, I felt he had a big hand in it...but no player wins or loses a game on his own

Mad Bomber
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I was happy with what I saw. He played an essentially mistake-free game (with the exception of the near-interception). He was decisive, and his mobility is a HUGE plus.

Just like Big Ben in Pissburgh last year, JP needs to play solid, not stellar QB. In other words, we need him not to LOSE games.

It was a great start, and I'm looking forward to him getting better as the year goes on.

BleedinGreenNC
09-14-2005, 06:00 PM
I think he did great for you guys in his first game, i think he is going to do great things for your franchise. Granted there may have been a couple of mistakes, but it was his first start. I wish the Jets were in the position that your in. Good luck with him, with Willis in the backfield, that makes for a great tandem. Wait until they really gel with each other, then lookout!

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 06:27 PM
My expectations were so high on J.P that i benched Peyton for him in my fantasy league.

dont ever.. ever.. EVER do that again. :D

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 06:31 PM
but no player wins or loses a game on his own

except drew bledsoe.

:snicker:

TacklingDummy
09-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Im not happy about his play or upset with it.

His 1st quarter of throwing the ball was outstanding. After the 1st QTR. he didn't really do much. He needs alot of improvement and hopefully with time he improves.

Thank fully we have a awesome defense that should keep us in games and that we don't have to rely on JP to win us games, yet.

The last buffalo fan
09-14-2005, 08:25 PM

His 1st quarter of throwing the ball was outstanding. After the 1st QTR. he didn't really do much. He needs alot of improvement and hopefully with time he improves.

Thank fully we have a awesome defense that should keep us in games and that we don't have to rely on JP to win us games, yet.
:bf1:

Thats it my brother, it is easy and simple, the pain just gone!!!!

Mike13
09-14-2005, 09:15 PM
I saw some highlights and I was impressed the kid will be good for you guys.

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 10:38 PM

you sure ***** a ton for someone who was not upset with his play.

L.A. Playa
09-14-2005, 10:40 PM
He had a great first half and didnt lose it in the 2nd half he kept the defense honest enough for Willis to do his thing and scored enough points to WIN the game I am very happy he can only get better each week

chubluv
09-14-2005, 10:55 PM
I was pleasently suprised the way he came out throwing the ball. He looked poised for the most part & made smart choices.

TigerJ
09-15-2005, 12:17 AM
He wasn't perfect. He made some typical young QB mistakes, but I'm thrilled because I know he's gonna get over that stuff. We can't tell for sure yet that he's going to be a great NFL QB, but he didn't hurt himself at all in that regard on Sunday.

gannd
09-15-2005, 12:51 AM
I was happy with him. He showed that he has potential but remember it was one game and facing Houston is NOT a true test playing at home.

The one thing I would like from him is a more consistant 15-20+ yard pass game. In the first quarter he showed it but after that it dissapeared. But I guess once they were up Willis took over to grind out the clock. But he is basically a rookie so we can't expect him to be Farve just yet. Next year I see him really showing us the stuff.

But I'll bet we are playoff bound in a wildcard spot. Damn watching our def is fun.

Tinboy
09-15-2005, 01:18 AM
He had a good game againts a mediocre team and that builds his confidence. I look forward to the game in Tampa Bay.

JD
09-15-2005, 01:35 AM

You chose the second choice....

Do tell me, what mistakes did he make.
Thank you.

JD
09-15-2005, 01:38 AM
It's going to be a real test for JP first time in a real game on the road as a starter. That has to be ALOT more stressful on him. Hopefully we have alot of Florida supporters for us down there!

GO JP!

AND LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!! :jig:

TacklingDummy
09-15-2005, 08:40 AM
You chose the second choice....

No I didn't chose any.

Like I said he had an outstanding 1St Qrt. of passing the Ball. After the 1st Qtr. he had many over thrown balls and balls that coulda/shoulda been Int.
His running of the Redzone Offense needs alot of improvement (5 FGs).

He needs to get rid of the ball quicker and stop so much scrambling before he gets hurt. I don't know if he is hesitant to get rid of the ball, not reading the defense well, or WR are not getting open. With Moulds/Evans at WR you would think they get the ball more.

By no means am I calling him a bad QB. I just think he needs improvement. Maybe with time and experience he will.

dannyek71
09-15-2005, 10:03 AM
we won. thats all that really matters

Mitchy moo
09-15-2005, 10:31 AM
we won. thats all that really matters
He really didn't make many mistakes nor did have a bad game. I thought he showed alot of poise and his knowledge of the playbook (josh reed heard about it). He's a fearless leader, a competitor and our QB.

colin
09-15-2005, 11:04 AM
happy

he was very sharp in the 1st, not so sharp in the 2nd half.

he played within himself and that is what we need for now.

his next 2 tests are
1) playing steady against a tough D, on the road (tampa)
2) having to step up and win us a game (hopefully our D never puts us in that position, but it can happen any time, i hope not in tampa).

he needs to improve for us, but he has the tools to do it.

his running is very good tho, i could see him rushing 8 or so times against tampa and that being the difference in the game

TheBrownBear
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
I was a big Losman doubter heading into the season but I was really really happy with the way he looked/played during the first half. His play frankly shocked me and turned me into a believer. I didn't watch the last quarter and a half so I can't really comment about his second half performance. Bottom line: he won and didn't make any big mistakes. I'd be happy with that all season.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-15-2005, 01:17 PM
The simple fact alone that you can see so many plays and say well last year that was a sack makes me excited about Losman's ability. The only thing I wish he would do differently is take a slide every now and again. I understand hes a tough mother but you gotta get down. Another thing that encourages me about Losman was at the half time break when the players were on their way out the crowd was chanting J.P. J.P. and he was right over there getting into it with the fans getting them pumped up. I think you need that in your quarterback he wants this team to do good and I think he knows what it takes and has what it takes to get it done. There's just a different feeling this year to me than the last few years when the talent was there but you just kinda knew that Mr. NFC Player of the Week was going to do something to screw it up. The Ralph was going nuts for this team last Sunday and we need to keep that up all year win or lose.