PDA

View Full Version : The Bills could use Keion Carpenter, huh?

Judge
01-04-2003, 10:00 PM
That guy's a player- I never did understand why he was deemed expendable by the TD regime.

WG
01-04-2003, 11:53 PM
I agree w/ you Judge! I thought he played the position well and showed promise. Having said that however, Prioleau has certainly stepped up to where Carpenter was and Wire is just as hard a hitter. I would have kept him as well.

LtBillsFan66
01-04-2003, 11:56 PM
I would like to see what Tony Driver can do. I like Prioleau's aggressiveness, but not his pass coverage ability.

MissBuffalo
01-05-2003, 12:47 AM
I was very surprised at how Keion played tonight. 2 int's and 2 others he should have had.

northernbillfan
01-05-2003, 04:10 AM
:wail: You had to bring it up didn't you.

Man, if we had Carpenter still...Look out.

clumping platelets
01-05-2003, 04:28 AM
We would have still been 8-8 and the defense would have played about the same

:ontome:

The_Philster
01-05-2003, 06:22 AM
GW and his :angry: "he doesn't fit the new system!!" BS :mad:

4thAndLong
01-05-2003, 10:54 AM
I remember seeing a highlight from the season where Duece McAlister ran right over Carpenter.

But, I always liked him. Now he's in Buffalo south.

Kelly The Dog
01-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Keion is a pretty good player IMO and had a pretty good game yesterday although he made a could glaring misses, too. On those two picks, however, on the first he wasn't covering anyone and the ball went right to him on a horrible pass. He made a nice catch but it wasn't all that difficult IMO. The second one he was closing but wasn't on anyone either and the ball just bounced off a receivers hands and into his. They were plays that anyone could have and should have made. Bad passes are a result of DL and LB pressure rushing the QB. The Bills get none of that. Keion is a sometimes pretty good but mostly mediocre starter in the NFL, IMO.

justasportsfan
01-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Judge
That guy's a player- I never did understand why he was deemed expendable by the TD regime.

That's because they'd rather bring in Steeler and Titan rejects

Kelly The Dog
01-05-2003, 02:16 PM
"That's because they'd rather bring in Steeler and Titan rejects"

Yep. Good point. We had one former Titan on the team (Robinson), and one former Steeler (Charles Johnson who never played except half a year on KOs) until we added Favors with a couple games to go. Man, how can you even tell the Steelers and Bills apart with one former player from each? I could have sworn I was in Pittsburgh or Nashville.

4thAndLong
01-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Thats what I was thinking KTD.

ublinkwescore
01-05-2003, 03:31 PM
If we bring in Kordell Stewart, I'm no longer a Bills fan.

Jeff1220
01-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
If we bring in Kordell Stewart, I'm no longer a Bills fan.

Isn't the whole Kordell thing a big reason that TD is no longer in Pitt? To my recollection, Kordell is/was Cowher's sweetheart, not TD's.

Tatonka
01-05-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
Keion is a pretty good player IMO and had a pretty good game yesterday although he made a could glaring misses, too. On those two picks, however, on the first he wasn't covering anyone and the ball went right to him on a horrible pass. He made a nice catch but it wasn't all that difficult IMO. The second one he was closing but wasn't on anyone either and the ball just bounced off a receivers hands and into his. They were plays that anyone could have and should have made. Bad passes are a result of DL and LB pressure rushing the QB. The Bills get none of that. Keion is a sometimes pretty good but mostly mediocre starter in the NFL, IMO.

excellent point.. someone give this guy some zone bucks :bling: