• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Kevin Mathis out for the year

Falcons | Mathis Out for the Year
    Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:45:39 -0700

KFFL has learned Atlanta Falcons CB Kevin Mathis (knee) will miss the remainder of the season after blowing out his knee Wednesday, Sept. 14. He suffered a torn ACL, MCL and PCL.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Ouch and he's going to get fined.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: Kevin Mathis out for the year

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
    Falcons | Mathis Out for the Year
    Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:45:39 -0700

KFFL has learned Atlanta Falcons CB Kevin Mathis (knee) will miss the remainder of the season after blowing out his knee Wednesday, Sept. 14. He suffered a torn ACL, MCL and PCL.

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Ouch and he's going to get fined.
    This will help us a tad bit more in week 3
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

what a good season...got thrown out before game 1 and then out for the season...way to make a paycheck

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Mathis is a 3rd CB and this loss doesn't really benefit the Bills nor hurt the Falcons.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

christ that must have been one hellacious injury. Isnt that what happened to Willis?
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
            Mathis is a 3rd CB and this loss doesn't really benefit the Bills nor hurt the Falcons.
            much, you mean..he was their nickelback...which means Rossum takes over at that position and a rookie takes over when they use 4 CBs...definitely hurts their depth and it means we can spread the field better
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              much, you mean..he was their nickelback...which means Rossum takes over at that position and a rookie takes over when they use 4 CBs...definitely hurts their depth and it means we can spread the field better
              Actually, Rossum is quicker on his feet, IMO. Some in Atlanta weren't sold on Mathis anyway.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Damn...talk about blown out knee. I tore my PCL. Its the hardest ligament to tear. Most times only way to tear it is in an automobile accident (which was my case). He aint gonna be back to normal for at least a year...

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                  Actually, Rossum is quicker on his feet, IMO. Some in Atlanta weren't sold on Mathis anyway.
                  I will give you that...Rossum has speed to burn..but who's got better coverage ability? It's not all about speed. Either way, it still means they lose some depth
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    I will give you that...Rossum has speed to burn..but who's got better coverage ability? It's not all about speed. Either way, it still means they lose some depth
                    That's what I mean though, lose a little here, gain a little there...no big deal. Atlanta's secondary is going to have difficulties with the Bills WRs. Especially if Parrish comes back.

Comment

• SheltonforPresident
                      • Jan 2005

Bad Week for the guy.
                      I Billieve! Do you?

GO Bills!

Comment

Working...
                      X