PDA

View Full Version : JP sets a fan straight! Good for him!

X-Era
09-14-2005, 06:26 PM
It was probably one of the negative nancyies around here who posted this to him:

Steve Gasiorek (Sloan, NY): On the almost interception, was it Josh Reed or yourself that made the wrong read? Great game though. Go Bills!

J.P. Losman: First off that wasn't almost an interception. It was a play where there was some miscommunication. It wasn't either one of our faults. I thought he said one thing and he thought I said another so it was very easy to understand why he did something and why I did the other thing. It was just something like I said earlier. We have to focus and concentrate more this week.

JD
09-14-2005, 06:29 PM
God I love this kid!

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 06:36 PM
:rofl:

hell yeah.. he should have said..

"i throw the ****ing ball too hard for a LB to catch it, so suck my balls, peckerwood."

JD
09-14-2005, 06:38 PM

"i throw the ****ing ball too hard for a LB to catch it, so suck my balls, peckerwood."
I don't know why but I laughed so hard my stomach hurt, so I'm going to neg you.

kevinj22
09-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Everything this kid does makes me love him more. This is a born leader and he will take us to the show someday. Hopefully soon.

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't know why but I laughed so hard my stomach hurt, so I'm going to neg you.

:up:

thats fine.

i actually laughed at myself when i typed it.

Crisis
09-14-2005, 07:02 PM

thats fine.

i actually laughed at myself when i typed it.
I usually laugh at most of your posts. :up:

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I usually laugh at most of your posts. :up:

hey thanks! :up:

wait ... :mad:

i dig what your shoveling.

Iehoshua
09-14-2005, 07:06 PM

Kerr
09-14-2005, 09:46 PM
He doesn't take **** from the fans....I like that!

Tatonka
09-14-2005, 11:20 PM
he doesnt take **** from anyone.. and it makes him who he is.. which is a guy that people will look to.

the funny thing is that this trait that we all love so much.. it is the same trait that kept the kid from going higher in the draft and falling to us.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 07:14 AM
Yeah, he was "cocky" after all. What exactly was Jim Kelly then? You know the wall of fame QB?

I have argued for years that we needed that type of atitude at QB for many many years now and we finally have it.

I have felt that some games, sometimes can only be won with will. That no amount of talent in the world will force a win sometimes. It takes heart and swagger and a can do attitude. We havent had that at QB since Kelly and unfortunately none of the rest of the team stepped into that role.

Now we have a QB like that which is SO important on this team. I dont care about other teams and what works for them. What works for us appears to be or has to be a never give up, never say die, never quit swagger.

Thank god for JP's abilities both physically and mentaly.

Pride
09-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Am I the only one who disagrees with JP? It WAS almost an interception.. if that LB could catch, that would have been 6 on the board for the Texans. I like his confidence... but in this case... he was wrong.

madness
09-15-2005, 07:35 AM
Am I the only one who disagrees with JP? It WAS almost an interception.. if that LB could catch, that would have been 6 on the board for the Texans. I like his confidence... but in this case... he was wrong.

Pride
09-15-2005, 07:37 AM
haha, ok.. now that you know how to use the quote feature... wanna chime in?

:jk:

X-Era
09-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Point is, you cant tell Jeff Gordon how to drive if you never have driven yourself.

Tatonka had it right, if it was a lame limp duck thrown by Bleedslow it probably would have been picked. But theres a reason the guy plays LB and not TE, usually they cant catch very well. Add in that JP throws tomahawk missles and the chances of the D's actually getting a pick go way down. I predict the guy is top ten as far as leats amount of picks thrown by the end of the year.

It wasnt a pick. PERIOD. If you feel might-be-picked-off throws are an issue, how many other QB's throw throw might-be-picks? Personally I have no idea and wouldnt venture a guess. I know that I have watched Peyton throw quite a few.

Chances are VERY good that the race car driver knows better than you who is right and wrong.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 08:43 AM
OK, so I sifted through the past month of your posts/replys looking for where you sit on the "fence" so to speak as far as JP goes. To be honest, I couldnt really tell. I didnt see anything one way or another.

So let me back up. Did I like the throw in question, NO. Does it represent a habit with JP that could lead to picks, I dont think so. Why? Because he has more velocity in his throws than say 80% of the league, I really believe that. The same throw a touch slower would have had a much better chance of being picked. I think the speed that he throws the football makes chances of a pick pretty slim even if he throws right at him which seems to be fairly rarely so far. If anything I have seen him tend to throw right on the money or away from the defenders.

Overall, I just dont feel that play represents or shows us signs of a fatal error or problem. I think he will be one of the best in the league at not throwing INT's.

BTW, where do you sit with JP?

madness
09-15-2005, 08:45 AM
haha, ok.. now that you know how to use the quote feature... wanna chime in?

:jk:Sorry, it had to be done. :snicker:

I think JP already said it. It was a miscommunication between him and the receiver. Judging by the ripping he gave Reed all the way to the sideline and Wyche having to cool him down; "It wasn't either one of our faults." is JP's way of saving face and standing up for Reed.

So how can you blame J.P.? :idunno:

Pride
09-15-2005, 08:55 AM
hang on... I love JP... no doubt!

I am not bashing JP's play on that particular play... I am only talking about the response he made to the gentleman who asked the question.

The fact is... it was ALMOST an interception. It hit the opposing player square in the hands/chest. Noone can deny that the pass was thrown in a place that it SHOULD have been intercepted. I don't care about the fact that it was... nor about whose fault it is. But JP flat out told this guy that it was NOT almost an interception. Fact is... it was.

That was my only beef with all of this.

I LOVE JP.. and feel he is a great player... but for him to tell us that it wasnt almost picked off is crazy.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 09:09 AM
Again, throwing the ball right at or even into a guys hands does not mean an INT. He still has to catch it. Its BOTH not just the throw but also the catch. I think the critical point is that JP differs from MOST of the QB's because he has so much speed on the football when he throws it. To me, that means balls thrown by most QB's in that case MIGHT be caught but the chances rae even slimmer when its JP.

I think JP is saying it wasnt almost intercepted NOT because it wasnt misthrown, it was. But because he throws it so hard the D would have a very tough time catching it. Thats the difference.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Ya know, overall I feel good about this situation. Bleedslow would simply say, I dont need to put alot of speed on the ball, I will just throw it away from the defender. When he screwed up, It was often picked. With JP, he thinks, even if I throw it at them, I will make it come so fast that they will have a tough time catching it anyway. If you look at it that way, he is backing himself up by not only trying to throw away from defenders but also by throwing it so hard.

Tatonka
09-15-2005, 09:28 AM
It WAS almost an interception.. if that LB could catch, that would have been 6 on the board for the Texans.

I DID almost win the 200 million dollar megamillions last tuesday.. IF i would have just picked 5 more numbers right, I would have a lot of money in my bank right now.

:xtreme:

Pride
09-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I dont get it... had the same thing happened last year with Bledsoe, you guys would be calling it a "dropped interception".

You guys are hypocritical...

X-Era
09-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Im not hypocritical at all. I NEVER saw the velocity on a Drew thrown ball that JP has in his throws today! Furthermore, in many many many games and on many plays Drew underthrew the ball or threw it at the defender. That IS a problem. JP did it ONCE in one game so far, AND threw the ball so hard that most D playesr with not so good hands wouldnt catch it anyways.

Again, Im not sure what your missing. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. and that difference is HUGE. Im not bringing up Drew other than to say that if both threw to that same guy on that same play, the chances a even less that the D gets an INT with a JP throw because of the speed its coming at.

Im not a hypocrite. I watched many many games with Drew throwing at defenders and didnt say a word, yet JP does it once and weve got a few people saying its a problem.

jamze132
09-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Again, throwing the ball right at or even into a guys hands does not mean an INT. He still has to catch it. Its BOTH not just the throw but also the catch. I think the critical point is that JP differs from MOST of the QB's because he has so much speed on the football when he throws it. To me, that means balls thrown by most QB's in that case MIGHT be caught but the chances rae even slimmer when its JP.

I think JP is saying it wasnt almost intercepted NOT because it wasnt misthrown, it was. But because he throws it so hard the D would have a very tough time catching it. Thats the difference.
Seriously, and interception is defined as a ball thrown by the offense caught by the defense. It doesn't matter who's fault it was, who ran what route, who threw the ball where, who DROPPED it, it just doesn't matter. Because the ball was dropped it wasn't an interception. If the linebacker could catch, it would have been. I'm not going to sit here and say it was dropped because the ball was thrown too hard by JP. Anyone can drop any pass at any time. Look at Josh Reed. What I am more worried about is Losman and Reed's chemistry on the field. They both seemed to point the finger at each other during the game. It was big of JP to set the record straight about the play though. I personally feel that because JP is the QB of the future, the coaching staff won't allow Josh "No Hands" Reed to get into pissing contests with the QB. Reed will be shown the door just as fast as Shaw was last year. In fact, I doubt Reed will be on our team in 6 weeks.

bledslow
09-15-2005, 10:40 AM

uuummm i doubt that is what he meant.seems like he does not want to admit it was a bone head throw. that was a terrible throw and should have been a int. there are a milion qbs in this league that can throw through a brick wall.favre and bledsoe being one of the top ones, both are int machines. losman is such a terrible passer,i expect a lot of int's from him. for him to say that was not almost an int is ******ed on his part.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Am I the only one who thought that JP was talking about the throw that Reed went inside whereas JP threw outside, a play after which JP talked to Reed immdiately walking off the field. That is not the first offensive play in the second half where he threw right to Peeks.

Pride
09-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Exactly my point... I am not arguing that it was NOT an INT. It wasnt... I am clear on that.

The reporter or whoever that was.. used the term "Almost Interception"... and JP said it "Wasn't an almost interception" when in fact... it was.

That is all I am debating here folks.. relax.

Pride
09-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Am I the only one who thought that JP was talking about the throw that Reed went inside whereas JP threw outside, a play after which JP talked to Reed immdiately walking off the field. That is not the first offensive play in the second half where he threw right to Peeks.

That is what I assumed he was talking about too.. the play that there was miscommunication and the ball hit the LB square in the chest.

bledslow
09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Im not hypocritical at all. I NEVER saw the velocity on a Drew thrown ball that JP has in his throws today! Furthermore, in many many many games and on many plays Drew underthrew the ball or threw it at the defender. That IS a problem. JP did it ONCE in one game so far, AND threw the ball so hard that most D playesr with not so good hands wouldnt catch it anyways.

Again, Im not sure what your missing. THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. and that difference is HUGE. Im not bringing up Drew other than to say that if both threw to that same guy on that same play, the chances a even less that the D gets an INT with a JP throw because of the speed its coming at.

Im not a hypocrite. I watched many many games with Drew throwing at defenders and didnt say a word, yet JP does it once and weve got a few people saying its a problem.

MASSIVE exaggerating on jp's arm strength. drew throws awfully hard himself and i dont see much of a difference.(and there are ppl that throw harder then losman). and a LOT of times throwing too too too hard is the resaon why a intended receiver does not hang on to the ball and it ends up getting deflected for a int. jp needs to be smarter.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 11:03 AM
Im not sure what you are doing here. Whats the point of coming to a Bills fans board if you are not a fan of the Bills. Maybe its just to argue. You cant be a fan of the Bills with such a terrible attitude about JP. Calling him a terrible passer is simply a huge underestimation of his talent, thats not in question, its a FACT. His rating alone proves hes much better than your assessment. And the VAST majority of people who watched the game feel he has a very very good arm with very good accuracy. He did however, throw badly on this play. I simply wont argue with someone as cynical as you appear to be about JP. Its like yelling at a brick wall.

Anyone who was willing to keep an open mind about him is already behind JP at this point or is at least feeling he is average. They have been behind him for weeks now based on what he has shown. If you still arent, you wont EVER be behind him and its a waste of my time to continue to discuss it with you.

For your sake, you may want to steer clear of this board this year and probably for the next few years. JP is our starting QB and if he even plays as "terrible" as you seem to think he did last week that will not change for a few YEARS. If you want it to be different, your are bound to be one frustrated individual.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 11:16 AM
Lets see JP has thrown 2 INT's in 5 games now including his preseason play. At that rate he would have what 6 or 7 for the whole year as the starter? That would mean he would lead the league using last years INT totals last year for starting QB's McNabb had 8, Manning had 10.

But in your estimation he gonna throw alot? If your version if alot is the same as Manning or McNabbs, Ill take "your" alot of picks.

The WR's asked him to take some speed off of his throws in the preseason because it was hard for them to cath and it hurt. HMMMM, sounds like the previous QB wasnt throwing as hard, just conjecture on my part of course.

Facts is, I dont care. JP does need to try hard not to throw it at defenders. But 1 play out of a whole game, thats probably about average for MOST QB's probably including McNabb and Peyton.

Anyone watch McNabb or Peytons games last week? Wanna comment on whether they threw 1 bad throw each to a defender? Just need some proof for my point here.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Not to go all Clinton on you here for a second but I guess its what you think the meaning of the word "almost" is. If almost, to you, mean he threw it at a defender, then I agree. However, almost, to me, means the defender not only had a shot at the ball but easily could have caught it. I probably have pretty bad hands against JP and have never had him throw a football right at me, so I simply dont know how hard it is to catch his trows. It just looks to me like they have a LOT of speed. And as someone who played football with some guys that could throw hard, it makes it pretty damn difficult to catch.

If Im guilty of anything here, its assuming that JP throws hard enough to make it very hard for defenders to catch, but not too hard that receivers cant catch it either. Its an assumption and may be wrong.

In the end it just doesnt matter. We dont want him throwing at defenders. But it WILL happen sometimes, he just needs to minimize it. He did it on 1 play in 1 game. Id like to know how often the leagues leading QB's do it. I bet hes right on par with them. So, Im only saying he wont be perfect and that he is pretty damn good right now. I guess I still feel people should give him a break.

PIZ
09-15-2005, 11:33 AM
What he means is:

"Almost only counts in horseshoes and hangrenades."

X-Era
09-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Right!

In that case my wife and I have been ALMOST pregnant for 6 months now until yesterday when we finally found out that we ARE!

Im excited about the prospects of my 2nd child. I went to the boxer plan because everyone I know that mostly or compltely had boys wears boxers. Id love apoll on that one just to see if its true. Think the board mod's would let me run a poll on that?

TacklingDummy
09-15-2005, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=jp-era]Im not sure what you are doing here. Whats the point of coming to a Bills fans board if you are not a fan of the Bills. Maybe its just to argue. You cant be a fan of the Bills with such a terrible attitude about JP.
QUOTE]

Why is it anyone who doesn't have their lips planted on JP azz get ripped for it? Some people have different opinions of his play. If everyone thought the same thing there would be no fun in it.

I've taking a ton of bad rep. and name calling,"wish you were floating in NO"', "idoit", "jackass" etc.. for not kissing JPs left cheek.

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
It was probably one of the negative nancyies around here who posted this to him:

Steve Gasiorek (Sloan, NY): On the almost interception, was it Josh Reed or yourself that made the wrong read? Great game though. Go Bills!

J.P. Losman: First off that wasn't almost an interception. It was a play where there was some miscommunication. It wasn't either one of our faults. I thought he said one thing and he thought I said another so it was very easy to understand why he did something and why I did the other thing. It was just something like I said earlier. We have to focus and concentrate more this week.
Looked like and almost int to me.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone watch McNabb or Peytons games last week? Wanna comment on whether they threw 1 bad throw each to a defender? Just need some proof for my point here.

Im a Bills fan and don't get critical of Mannings or McNabb's play because I don't care about it.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 12:39 PM
WHOA!!!! I didnt send any negative rep your way and wouldnt.

My point is that JP is the starter. Chances are very very good that he is going to be our starter for a few years.

I just dont see any point then in coming here and talking crap about him. The guy throws 1 bad throw in 1 game he deserves the negative crap? What happened to standing behind our team? standing behind our QB? How did us fans fell after the 1st SB loss? Was Kelly a clown that needed to go? If he had we may never have gone to the next 3 in a row! What about after the 3rd SB? should we have sh_t canned Kelly then? If we could all stay hopeful and support the team after 4 losses, why in the hell cant we support a young QB after he made 1 damn bad throw?

You or others want to second guess, never be hopeful, adn never see the bright side, your allowed to. But gheez, that doesnt seem to be the WAY of the true Bills fan. That seems to be the way NY city fans operate. I dont stand for that and wont.
Your entitled to your opinion no matter how negative or positive it is. Id just like to see us fans be positive and not be dragged down by negaitive criticism. JP aint perfect, but to me he looks like he could take us to the dance if he continues the way hes headed!

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2005, 12:46 PM
Point is, you cant tell Jeff Gordon how to drive if you never have driven yourself.

Tatonka had it right, if it was a lame limp duck thrown by Bleedslow it probably would have been picked. But theres a reason the guy plays LB and not TE, usually they cant catch very well. Add in that JP throws tomahawk missles and the chances of the D's actually getting a pick go way down. I predict the guy is top ten as far as leats amount of picks thrown by the end of the year.

It wasnt a pick. PERIOD. If you feel might-be-picked-off throws are an issue, how many other QB's throw throw might-be-picks? Personally I have no idea and wouldnt venture a guess. I know that I have watched Peyton throw quite a few.

Chances are VERY good that the race car driver knows better than you who is right and wrong.
Relax dude. The fan asked a fair question.

Just like you can almost get hit by a car (and live), you can almost throw an int.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Actually the fan who asked the question was wrong. It was't almost a pick. It should have been a pick. :)

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
THEY WERE TWO DIFFERENT PLAYS ON DIFFERENT DRIVES!!

The "Josh Reed wrong route" was not almost intercepted. On the play that was almost picked off, Peek stepped in front of Moulds.

1-10-BUF11 (11:31) J.Losman pass incomplete to E.Moulds (A.Peek). Nearly intercepted at BUF 16, left side.

3-10-BUF42 (:57) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass incomplete to J.Reed. Overthrown, reciever at BUF 48, left side.

That is why JP corrected the guy from Sloan. He was referring to the wrong play.

Pride
09-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Thank you sir.. that cleared it up.

X-Era
09-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Trust me I was far from worked up.

What would Jim Kelly's response have been? Thats what I thought. Nuff said.

WCoastFin
10-05-2005, 04:31 PM

Is this thread suppose to be sarcastic or a joke???

The guy literally denies it was anyone's fault and he's going to take the bills somewhere some day?? WTF???

there was miscommunication, but there has to be some accountability, whether it's the coaching staff, or the guy calling the play/route, someone has got to be accountable....If this thread is NOT suppose to be a joke, then I must say it's still funny as heck to see most bills fans buy into this crap....LMAO!