PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy HELP!!

FlyingDutchman
09-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I have been offered a trade and need advice bc I have been thinking about this for days and I cant make up my mind. I have Larry Johnson and Isaac Bruce, and I have been offered Rudi Johnson for the both of them. I have depth at WR so Isaac isnt a problem, but should I give up Larry for Rudi? Every analysis says to hold on to Larry, but I want a back who will get about 22 carries a game. I know what larry has been doing but will he keep it up? He'll probably only get like 11 carries a game, but damn he does good with those 11. I feel Rudi would maybe be more consistant, but Larry is just a freak...and what if Priest goes down, then Larry is one of the top backs in the league. The reason I drafted Larry is to use as trade bate, but now im not sure i can let him go!...please someone respond with advice or just their 2 cents....I cant make up my mind....

RedEyE
09-14-2005, 08:57 PM
I never like giving up 2 starters for 1, unless that 1 starter is a top 4 - 5 player. I'd hold on to what you've got.

baalworship
09-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Depends on how many teams and your current roster. List that out and I could offer an opinion.

FlyingDutchman
09-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Depends on how many teams and your current roster. List that out and I could offer an opinion.
16 teams (including me)

heres my team..
QB-Favre
RB-Tomlinson
RB-L. Johnson
WR-Bruce
WR-Rod Smith
WR-Roy Williams
TE- Heath Miller

backups...
RB-Chris Brown
RB-Ronnie Brown
WR-Keenan McCardel
WR-Robert Ferguson (just picked him up)

bigdavedombrowski
09-14-2005, 09:12 PM
dont give up larry johnson he is a beast!! especially to his girlfriends but he is a force on the field too!!!to hell with rj

RedEyE
09-14-2005, 09:13 PM
You can't afford to lose Bruce. You're going to struggle with WRs this season.

FlyingDutchman
09-14-2005, 09:21 PM
You can't afford to lose Bruce. You're going to struggle with WRs this season.
You think? I think my starters are pretty decent, and if i got rid of Bruce i could put in Keenan in whos SD's #1 or Ferguson who I think will do better now that walker is out....what if the Isaac wasnt in the mix, what do you think about Johnson for Johnson?

Sportsuser101
09-14-2005, 09:23 PM
I'd do it. Bruce isn't that good. LJ is probably going to be either in jail, suspended by the team and/or the league plus he's not going to be starter. The Jets played terrible I doubt too many teams are going to play that bad again. Rudi Johnson is a legit starter and hasn't shown any signs of slowing down.

jdenning
09-14-2005, 09:45 PM
I would do it to the only way Larry will score is breaking the big 1.. priest will get 90% of the td's and i like keenan as yur #3 hes a solid wr, rudi johnson is a good rb who will get you you 20-25 carries a game i say definitely do it

baalworship
09-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Based on what I saw I would keep Larry Johnson and I Bruce. The goal in fantasy football is to WIN your league and Larry Johnson gives you a better shot, more upside.

I have both Priest and LJ in my league and it seems that Larry will get more carries each week. If LJ even gets just 50% he is better than Rudi. If Priest gets hurt again (and he seems to every year now) LJ is the best player in fantasy football.

The only way that trade would make sense is if you were 2-3 weeks away from the playoffs and LJ was still only getting 5-10 carries a game and you needed to make the playoffs. Right now stick with what you have and bank on the upside.

FlyingDutchman
09-14-2005, 09:56 PM
wow...this sounds exactly like the argument in my head...a lot of good cases for the trade, and a lot of good cases against the trade...now you guys see what ive been dealin with, total confliction....keep the opinions comin guys, i appreciate everyones input and Im takin your thoughts very seriously...thanks again...and keep em comin...

baalworship
09-14-2005, 10:08 PM
One last thought. If you are set on swapping LJ for another back wait. KC plays Oakland this week and LJ's value will be higher.

If next week someone offers Westbrook in a PPR league or McGahee then you move. Otherwise, just sit tight and watch LJ's value rise.

gannd
09-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Thats a tough one. Rudi I think is better right now than LJ and in a 16 team league(wow, huge) you will need that extra rec. Many people are saying you can start LJ now but is it a known truth that Priest will get the goal line stuff. LJ only goes in when Priest is tired. LJ got lucky with 2 td's last week imo.

LJ got that first td because Priest just ran for a 40 yd run and then he broke that 35 yd td run next play. That won't always happen. I like having a wide array of wr's because unless you have moss/crybaby Owens you can start your rec based on match ups.

I'd stick with what you have.

edit: how many wr's you start every week?

Novacane
09-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I'd do it. The only way Larry J ends up scoring more points than Rudi is if Holmes gets hurt. And both your backup WR's are going to put up better stats than Bruce.

Stewie
09-14-2005, 10:20 PM
I don't think Holmes will get hurt this year because KC will work him less by giving some carries to LJ.

Bruce is basically irrelevant, I'm sure McCardell will match his stats.

Do you think Cincy is a good team? If they are, and they're up late, Johnson is gonna get a lot of end game carries to pad his stats. If not, he may have a lot of games with 15 carries.

If you think the Bengals will make the playoffs this year, go for it.