PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe NFC Player of the Week

McClane
09-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Don't see this posted.. (http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=136346)

chubluv
09-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Good for him, but he is in our past and we are moving on !!

JD
09-14-2005, 11:28 PM
NFC player of the week. That equals to the AFC's worst.

gannd
09-15-2005, 12:54 AM
It's Bledsoe. There is a reason we let him go. Too bad we don't play them this year as I think we could set a new record for sacks in a game.

Tinboy
09-15-2005, 01:12 AM
Well good for him but I don't really care.

JD
09-15-2005, 01:34 AM
It's Bledsoe. There is a reason we let him go. Too bad we don't play them this year as I think we could set a new record for sacks in a game.
You damn right!!!! :posrep:

Jan Reimers
09-15-2005, 05:16 AM
I'm glad for Drew. He's a class act. I hope he takes the 'Boys to the Super Bowl, where we whip their butts.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-15-2005, 05:56 AM
he was great the first 8 games he was with us as well. Time will tell the truth. Sacks will mount up and then he will play to his normal level. I like him when he is someone elses QB.

Pride
09-15-2005, 07:25 AM
I agree... until his opposing teams get gametape of him.. and figure out that the best way to beat him is to all out blitz... he will be just fine. His first 8 games here were incredible too... then look what happened!

Luisito23
09-15-2005, 07:33 AM
Congrats. Drew.......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-15-2005, 08:20 AM
You had to figure he would go to the Pro Bowl this year didn't you?

Historian
09-15-2005, 08:26 AM
Player of the Week for not looking like a total dork?

Have our standards sunk that low?

kishoph
09-15-2005, 08:32 AM
Not to be a Drew basher, but don't overlook the fact that the Chargers were the 31st ranked pass defense last season.

Night Train
09-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Congrats to DB but anyone who saw that game know the Chargers did not rush him at all. Why, I haven't a clue.

You think the Skins Gregg Williams won't have his Defense blitz most every play this coming Monday night ? I believe he knows something about #11.

Bert102176
09-15-2005, 08:56 AM
that just means the NFC must really be pathetic cause watching the game I didn't think he was all that great Johnson was making some nice catches that saved Bledsoe's ass

MarvLevy
09-15-2005, 09:27 AM
It's only week 1...and we all knowwwww the blunders of Drew Bledsoe are right around the corner. He will fumble in a big spot by..i say...Week 4.

justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm glad for Drew. He's a class act. I hope he takes the 'Boys to the Super Bowl, where we whip their butts.class act? yeah right.

He fits right in the NFC. His style of play wasn't meant for AFCE defences. We would've automatically have had 2 losses against NE. SAban who shares the same philosophy as BB would've eventually beaten us 2X a year as long as Drew was w/ us. Drew limits our offensive playbook.

jamze132
09-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I agree... until his opposing teams get gametape of him.. and figure out that the best way to beat him is to all out blitz... he will be just fine. His first 8 games here were incredible too... then look what happened!
I said the same thing the other day!!! :bf1:

Jan Reimers
09-15-2005, 11:08 AM
class act? yeah right.

He fits right in the NFC. His style of play wasn't meant for AFCE defences. We would've automatically have had 2 losses against NE. SAban who shares the same philosophy as BB would've eventually beaten us 2X a year as long as Drew was w/ us. Drew limits our offensive playbook.
I meant he was a class act off the field. I realize his significant shortcomings as a QB in today's NFL, and they will in all probability show up very soon in Dallas.

But I hope he has the kind of success there that he couldn't find with us. I like him as a person and was sorry he couldn't make it happen with the Bills.

Meathead
09-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Congrats, Drew!

Meathead
09-15-2005, 11:12 AM

Well that's the standard I use to determine if I had a good day.

Mr. Cynical
09-15-2005, 11:51 AM
Not to be a Drew basher, but don't overlook the fact that the Chargers were the 31st ranked pass defense last season.
You're not a basher, you're a realist. He has always done well against poor defenses - that's how he has gotten all those yards. As others have said, wait until he faces a real D. It won't be long.

Bulldog
09-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Congrats to DB but anyone who saw that game know the Chargers did not rush him at all. Why, I haven't a clue.

You think the Skins Gregg Williams won't have his Defense blitz most every play this coming Monday night ? I believe he knows something about #11.

I made a bet with a Cowboys fan that Bledsoe won't throw for over 160 yards this week. The Skins defense is going to have a field day with DB. We'll see.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Funny thing is, why do teams all of the sudden have no idea how to play Drew. They have to watch films of him in a Dallas uniform to find out how to play him? He isn't mobile and can get flustered with constant pressure, same as he was with the Pats and Bills.

chernobylwraiths
09-15-2005, 04:54 PM

That's how we vote for out politicians. Sometimes they can still look like dorks, but as long as they don't have film of them taking bribes...

justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 05:03 PM
I meant he was a class act off the field. I realize his significant shortcomings as a QB in today's NFL, and they will in all probability show up very soon in Dallas.

But I hope he has the kind of success there that he couldn't find with us. I like him as a person and was sorry he couldn't make it happen with the Bills.na, didn't he diss us in a way when he moved to Dallas? Called us "the other team"? I mean cmon, we embrassed him. Even had a parade welcoming him. If he didn't cut it, no bad feelings. Move on.

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2005, 05:34 PM
DB fumbled twice against the Bolts. One was recovered by his own team.

He fumbled twice (on two consecutive drives) in the 4th quarter against the Steelers with the playoffs on the line. One returned for a TD, the second he bobbled the snap at midfield on 3rd and 1 (Bills recovered), forcing the Bills to punt.

Chargers were called for several penalties on 3rd downs that kept drives alive. I love the way that the Cowboy fans are getting their hopes up. I want to taste their pain when their dreams are crushed.

tdotbillsfan
09-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Alright guys stop hating on him, he is doing good for himself there, so lets be happy. Plus the move worked out for the best for both parties right? Lets just leave it at that....

tdotbillsfan
09-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Oh yea, im a bills fan through and through, but dont complain about cowboys fans, i remember 2 years back or so when the bills beat the pats opening day, the buffalo media and fans where comparing that team to the early 90's bills and worst of all they were comparing them to the mid 80 bears!!!! Come on guys, the most loyal but stubbern/excitable fans are bills and Maple Leaf fans lol

AndreReed83
09-15-2005, 06:34 PM
ROFL, how?! I mean, his stats were good, Dallas won, but he still had so many boneheaded plays, if it wasn't for SD commiting all those 3rd down penalties, Dallas gets blown out. Hell, they even called a bogus pass interference call on SD whenever they picked Drew off. If SD had scored at the end of the game and Dallas had lost, I garuantee you that Drew wouldn't be getting the praise he is.

pleasesavedrew
09-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Good for drew.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2005, 09:11 PM
DB fumbled twice against the Bolts. One was recovered by his own team.

He fumbled twice (on two consecutive drives) in the 4th quarter against the Steelers with the playoffs on the line. One returned for a TD, the second he bobbled the snap at midfield on 3rd and 1 (Bills recovered), forcing the Bills to punt.

Chargers were called for several penalties on 3rd downs that kept drives alive. I love the way that the Cowboy fans are getting their hopes up. I want to taste their pain when their dreams are crushed.
Good post. I saw the highlights and he looked like typical DB. Sacks, fumbles, poorly thrown balls. The TD pass that Keshawyn caught was thrown behind him and he made a fantastic catch.

4 Sacks, 2 Fumbles, 17 completions for 226 yards. He had 3 TD passes and thats what skews everything. Guaranteed that it won't take 8 games for everyone to figure what the Bills and their fans already know: that he's done like a Turkey dinner.