PDA

View Full Version : What I like best about the Buf Def this year

gannd
09-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Modesty, am I the only one that see's a defense that is so dominant and so quiet. It's like a class act that can only be compared to a Barry Sanders TD celebration....non existant.

The boys just seem to only say "we can be better", "I'm not satisfied yet" etc. This team seems like they have told themselves that not only do they have a goal to play a game that might get them noticed as a top defensive group ever, but no trash talking allowed. The actions on the field will determine the result, not the trash talking and predictions.

I see a mature, dedicated group of guys who have a collective goal that is greater than individual stats. This is going to be a fun year of sunday afternoon football.

Pride
09-15-2005, 07:23 AM
:bf1: Great post... Welcome to the zone!

I agree with you. I love the confidence that our D exudes... yet, they have an air of "we aren't done yet" type of attitude.

I hate defenses that get all full of themselves (Ravens for example). A defense is a unit... if one person fails, they ALL look bad... and I think our team realizes it.

I LOOOVE having TV in as a safety... the radio guys made a great point last week. If you can take an aging CB, who has a nose for the ball, and turn him into a Safety... you just upgraded your secondary two fold! Its very true... its like having 3 starting CBs on the field guarding 2 WR's... you gotta like your odds.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-15-2005, 08:06 AM
I think our D definitely has a chance to be one of the best ever. What I like about this defense are the guys like Chris Kelsay who I think is going to have a break out year, and guys like Jabari Greer who don't get a lot of the attention but are very good football players and seem to make plays every week.

gannd
09-15-2005, 01:17 PM
I LOOOVE having TV in as a safety... the radio guys made a great point last week. If you can take an aging CB, who has a nose for the ball, and turn him into a Safety... you just upgraded your secondary two fold!That is a great point!

Gunzlingr
09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Great post and welcome to the zone!

LifetimeBillsFan
09-15-2005, 06:26 PM
Good post!

I think that having T.Vincent at FS is a big key for this defense. He brings a real steadiness and maturity to the team in addition to serious ball-hawking skills.

I also am impressed by the development of C.Kelsay--he takes some of the pressure off of A.Schoble and that will make both of them more effective.

I like what little I have seen of R.Edwards, too, although I am kind of withholding judgement until I see how he does against a team that runs the ball more than 14-16 times. A lot of pundits made a big deal about the Bills losing P.Williams, but I have a feeling that they may have really missed the boat by ignoring the development of Edwards and T.Anderson.