PDA

View Full Version : NFL Preview - Buffalo (1-0) At Tampa Bay (1-0)

The_Philster
09-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Two young players will find out about the pressure that comes with heightened expectations when they take the field this Sunday.

Buffalo quarterback J.P. Losman and Tampa Bay running back Carnell Williams, both of whom performed well in their first NFL starts a week ago, will be looked to for continued strong play when the Bills and Buccaneers square off at Raymond James Stadium. http://www.ktvu.com/nfl/4975749/detail.html

Tinboy
09-15-2005, 05:45 AM
I can agree that it's going to be a low scoring game, hopefully Lindell will step up again.

Typ0
09-15-2005, 05:51 AM
28 - 3 Bills.

BAM
09-15-2005, 06:03 AM
Tampa Bay has a 5-2 edge in its all-time series with Buffalo... All seven installments of the series have been played in Tampa. WTF? :scratch:

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-15-2005, 07:51 AM
That's not an unreasonable prediction, but the only thing I would say is that our run game with Willis compared to Minnesota's with those three scrubs is apples and oranges. As long as Willis can take a little pressure off J.P. which Minnesota's backs failed to do I think we have a good shot at it.

kishoph
09-15-2005, 08:17 AM
I believe that the Losman's performance is not going to be as important to the out come as much as Willis's running will be. The Bucs are weak up the middle on D, and the BILLS will beat them with McGahee. Losman will not have to throw as often as last week. The Bucs will have trouble opening up any holes for Williams against a dominant BILLS defense.
BILLS - 20
Bucs - 6

justasportsfan
09-15-2005, 08:19 AM
This game should give us an idea of things to come for the season. JP will be facing a tough D that is going to be in his face.
I believe that the Losman's performance is not going to be as important to the out come as much as Willis's running will be. The Bucs are weak up the middle on D, and the BILLS will beat them with McGahee. Losman will not have to throw as often as last week. The Bucs will have trouble opening up any holes for Williams against a dominant BILLS defense.
BILLS - 20
Bucs - 6

I wonder if Mularkey is gonna go w/ the same gameplan he had w/ the texans.Against the texans, they thought that since it was JP's first start, we were gonna come off running. People expect the bills to run Willis because of Tampa's D. At least that is what's expected and then just like the texans game, MM made JP throw in the first series that threw texas off.

Pass to open up the run or is it gonna be the other way around? I predict that MM is gonna attempt deep balls this time since no one really expects JP to go deep. Evans and Moulds will have a big day.

Mr. Cynical
09-15-2005, 12:03 PM
SERIES HISTORY

Tampa Bay has a 5-2 edge in its all-time series with Buffalo, including a 31-17 home victory when the teams last met, during the 2000 season. Buffalo's last win in the series came by a 17-10 count in Tampa Bay during the 1991 campaign. All seven installments of the series have been played in Tampa.

:madcurse:

Italian Stallion
09-15-2005, 12:30 PM
SERIES HISTORY

Tampa Bay has a 5-2 edge in its all-time series with Buffalo, including a 31-17 home victory when the teams last met, during the 2000 season. Buffalo's last win in the series came by a 17-10 count in Tampa Bay during the 1991 campaign. All seven installments of the series have been played in Tampa.

:madcurse:

yah thats awful....if this game was in b-lo id pick the Bills by 2 TD's

i still think the Bills will win. they're overall just more talented, and Griese will be bumbling and stumbling all game. The Bills D will eat him alive.

The key is Willis, and how they control the clock and pace of the game, on the road.

JD
09-15-2005, 04:09 PM
7 games in tampa..none in BLO? wtf....im writing a letter to the nfl :fit: