• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

What are your keys to Sunday's game?

Here are mine:

1. JP Needs to keep moving forward... meaning, he has to play at least equal to or better than last week, for his confidence to remain where it is.

2. The line needs to be dominant from the start

3. Moulds needs to be more involved

4. We need to throw at least 3 passes over 40 yards.
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Re: What are your keys to Sunday's game?

Agree with everything he said, but I think Willis taking a lot of pressure off J.P. will be key this week. You saw what the Bucs D did to Daunte Cullpepper last week, not pretty. I also think our D has to force at least 2 turnovers which is almost a given anymore. The Bucs O-line is not one of the best in the league but somehow managed to keep Minnesota from getting to Griese much, unfortunately for them it wont happen to us.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• MarvLevy
      Can I get some power to give REP?
      • Jul 2005

#1. NO penalties- limit 2-3 holds & that's it.
      #2. Good field position from special teams. Lindell has to duplicate last week.
      #3. Redzone production.
      #4. Must win turnover battle.
      #5. Willis has to get it going early and we can't rely on the pass like last week in 1st quarter.

Comment

• MarvLevy
        Can I get some power to give REP?
        • Jul 2005

Lindell doesn't have to DUPLICATE last week. Just make important kicks. We shouldn't settle for or need 5 FG's.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

1. Get an early lead. FGs are ok on the road.
          2. It's a road game - win the field position battle. Get at least a first down every drive.
          3. Defense don't let Griese get in a rhythm.
          4. As always - win the turnover battle.
          5. Throw long once in the first half to take heat off the running game.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Don't wear Navy on Navy.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Non-stop blitz from the start. Our secondary can cover their own with TB. Watch for alot of pressure on JP early, I expect alot of short passes and maybe a couple long balls thrown in the mix. I hope our special teams steps up this week, not just Lindell. And I'm sure our defense is going to give them a good lickin'.

GO BILLS!
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• 1959BillsFan
                • Mar 2005

1) Who ever has the least penalties won half the battle.

2) The Bills need to stop the RUN.

3) Offensive 3rd down and Red Zone efficiency needs to improve. Lindell did the job last week, BUT......

4) Mental mistakes i.e. Josh Reed running the same routes Losman is thinking about.

5) Who ever controlls the ball longest won the other half of the battle.

6) Gandy and Anderson need to step up again and prove themselves against a FAST Defense.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

First off Tampa is not that good. This is a game when the schedule got posted that everyone puy a W next to. Minnesota almost fired Tice last year. He is an idiot so it's not a big surprise that Minnesota lost a game that they should have won. With that said there are only 2 keys to this game:

1) Stop Cadillac. He looked good and if he runs on us like Pittsburgh did last year we are done.

2) Losman will have to pass in this game and he will have to scarmble. If he turns the ball over more than one or two times it will be over.

I think this is a winable game. If we want to make the playoffs this is a game we should win!!

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

At first, Pride sounds like he's only worried about the offense,
                    which I think is going to be what makes us, or breaks us, all year.
                    But it's no different than any teams worries, isn't it?
                    I think it comes down to penalties and turnovers, the penalties we need to work on, the turnover's are our advantage, because I believe we have one of the GREATEST defenses to strap the pads on!
                    If Willis get's a 100, and our D is focusing on 3 turnovers a game, we will be playing late into the season, I BILLEIVE!!!

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

Limit mistakes - do not let Bills beat themselves or let Zebras make questionable calls.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        First off Tampa is not that good. This is a game when the schedule got posted that everyone puy a W next to. Minnesota almost fired Tice last year. He is an idiot so it's not a big surprise that Minnesota lost a game that they should have won. With that said there are only 2 keys to this game:

1) Stop Cadillac. He looked good and if he runs on us like Pittsburgh did last year we are done.

2) Losman will have to pass in this game and he will have to scarmble. If he turns the ball over more than one or two times it will be over.

I think this is a winable game. If we want to make the playoffs this is a game we should win!!
                        Hmmm, I beg to differ about Tampa not being that good. However, I do like the 2 points you made for stopping Cadillac and Losman's being effective. It's gonna be tough down there in Tampa.

Without being so obvious, here are some of my keys:

1. First and foremost, Mike Gandy NEEDS to control Simeon Rice. Rice is a beast, with 42.5 sacks the last 3 years. If Gandy struggles, that will spell problems for us all day.

2. Willis needs to be able to get yards early in the game and set a tempo. If we let Tampa get ahead early, it may shake JPs confidence a little. If we are ever playing from behind, I would prefer it happened at the Ralph. Tampa is rough.

3. The way Tampa plays defense, it is very difficult to get big plays against them, at least in the passing game. I think our receivers will be there to primarily move the chains this Sunday, and doubt there will be many big play opportunities. JP hasen't even mastered the long ball yet, at least as far as accuracy goes. The deep passes will not be a factor, if you ask me.

4. MUST employ bootlegs, screen passes, and make sure our slot receivers and tight ends make plays when called upon. Ronde Barber is an excellent corner, and whoever he covers, isnt going to make a lot of catches. That's especially with the extra coverage Tampa's safeties provide.

5. Derrick Brooks is also a beast, I dont really know what to do with him.

6. Blitz the hell out of them and create turnovers. Edwards and Adams are gonna have to put more pressure on the QB than they did against the Texans. And then have Spikes tell Griese that he cant read good.

7. Mike Mularkey, it's time to break out some TRICK PLAYS. Do the damn thing.

Comment

• 1959BillsFan
                          • Mar 2005

"6. Blitz the hell out of them and create turnovers. Edwards and Adams are gonna have to put more pressure on the QB than they did against the Texans. And then have Spikes tell Griese that he cant read good. "

The Biltz could kill them. It's my bet that Gruden is counting on it. You will see Greise with a three step drop and short dumpoff passes to either Alex Smith or a check down to Carnell Williams.

I see them working on Jeff Posey and Ron Edwards. Their line is combination of younger veterans and older guys, with Dan Buenning as the rookie left guard. They are tall, but not wide. They are athletic and fast. Their line is the anti-Bills line, they have no o-linemen that weighs more than 320. Buenning is a great pulling guard, but he doesn't have tons of experience.

Comment

• obi wan
                            • Jul 2005

As long as JP doesnt turn the ball over on the Bills side of the field we will win. Plain and simple.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

1. Run the ball more than they pass.

2. Mix in some passing plays on run downs and running plays on passing downs.

3. Keep the chains moving on offence, especially early.

4. Continue playing an aggressive, disruptive defense. The turnovers will come.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X