PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Fan Wants To Make Deal With Losman

Voltron
09-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Lucky Fan Wants To Make Deal With Losman (http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=1087)

Dennis Protas of Buffalo got more than he bargained for Sunday at Ralph Wilson Stadium.
Not only did Protas enjoy the Bills' season-opening win over Houston from his seat in Section 129, the second-year season-ticket holder came up with the football J.P. Losman threw for his first NFL touchdown pass.
After catching the pass, Bills tackle Jason Peters spiked the ball, which bounced into the second row of the seats. Protas came up with it, then protected it for the rest of the game by placing it into a plastic bag.

They had to have gotten the section wrong because I sit in 129 and the TD was scored down near the Rock Pile. :shakeno:

Tatonka
09-15-2005, 08:13 AM
that is cool though that he is not raking losman over the coals to get the ball back.. what does losman care about giving the guy a jersey?

OpIv37
09-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Lucky Fan Wants To Make Deal With Losman (http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=1087)

They had to have gotten the section wrong because I sit in 129 and the TD was scored down near the Rock Pile. :shakeno:

dude no it wasn't- I was in 123 and the TD was right in front of me. The Rockpile is the opposite side of the stadium under the scoreboard.

mybills
09-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Protas, who said he's no sports memorabilia collector, said he'll do one of two things with the ball -- give it to Losman in exchange for a similar signed ball and a game-worn jersey, or keep it.

Sounds like blackmail! :snicker:

Ebenezer
09-15-2005, 08:32 AM
From what they said on the radio, he tried to return it to Losman right after the game.

kishoph
09-15-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't think he's being unreasonable at all. He's not asking for a throwback jersey just a regular home jersy (game worn), and an offical ball. The ball he has is a special kickoff weekend edition, plus the fact that it's JP's first TD pass as a pro. He could probably go to a dealer this minute and get $500.+. He wants JP to have the ball.

OpIv37
09-15-2005, 08:46 AM
From what they said on the radio, he tried to return it to Losman right after the game.

I saw him when we were trying to get autographs. Losman was down by the tunnel below the stadium and the guy that caught it threw Losman the ball. He signed it and threw it back. Also, at the end of the game Losman threw a ball into the crowd, and he also signed that one for the guy that caught it.

Voltron
09-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Now that you mention it i think I remember the celebration down there but I am not sure if I could see the TD because I am so short and everyone was standing :ill:

Memory may also be foggy from the pre game festivities :snicker:

Historian
09-15-2005, 08:55 AM
My wife works with this guy.

They're all giddy with each other thinking the Bills are going to do some kind of deal with him.

My wife told him that he probably should have just kept it to himself about the ball. Knowing the Bills, they'll probably send the FBI out to his house to arrest him for theft.

jamze132
09-15-2005, 11:08 AM
My wife works with this guy.

They're all giddy with each other thinking the Bills are going to do some kind of deal with him.

My wife told him that he probably should have just kept it to himself about the ball. Knowing the Bills, they'll probably send the FBI out to his house to arrest him for theft.
Uh Oh!

Michael82
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Jason Peters might be interested in the ball too. Something tells me that he didnt mean to spike the ball into the crowd. It was his first NFL touchdown too.

Bill Brasky
09-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Now that you mention it i think I remember the celebration down there but I am not sure if I could see the TD because I am so short and everyone was standing :ill:

Memory may also be foggy from the pre game festivities :snicker:
:snicker: party animal

FlyingDutchman
09-15-2005, 01:55 PM
*Peters first reception for a touchdown...

Michael82
09-15-2005, 01:58 PM
*Peters first reception for a touchdown...
yeah, that's right. It's his 2nd touchdown, but first receiving TD. :doh:

JD
09-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Why would JP want the ball after he signed it :doh:

The last buffalo fan
09-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Why would JP want the ball after he signed it :doh:
Because he is in love with himself, maybe??