PDA

View Full Version : Key player for sundays game?

camelcowboy
09-15-2005, 08:20 AM
I think Willis is going to be the key to any success we have on sunday. The best way to beat a cover 2 is to run at it. I think Wills needs to have a great game because if JP comes out throwing then we are in trouble.

Who do you think is going to be the key player? :feedback:

casdhf
09-15-2005, 08:33 AM
Mike Gandy on Simeon Rice.

camelcowboy
09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Mike Gandy on Simeon Rice.
I think Gandy is going to do well against a speed rusher like rice, He will need some help from the Tightend, and the fullback at times but he should be fine. Im actually more worried about Teague, and the guards against Boger Mcfarland, and Chris Hovan. Not to mention Mike Williams against Greg Spires. The oline needs to have a big day. I think running wills right at Rice is the best way to go. He struggles with the run.

TacklingDummy
09-15-2005, 08:47 AM
I'd have to go with Losman.

Its Tampa's first Home Game so they will be extra fired up. Tampa's defense is alot better then Houston's. I doubt the Bills will get in the Redzone as much as they did against Houston and they need to turn those FGs into Touchdowns.

alohabillsfan
09-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Her is how we beat the Bucs, Bennie, Trey and Chris (or preston) against the smallish Hovan and Mcfarland. LB's are also small but extremely fast. I see lots of draw play forcing the LB's to dropback and WM up the middle. Don't think we will see to many misdirection plays more smash mouth straight at them. play of the game, late 1st half after willis rips off 3 consecutive runs of 7 yds or more we will see the flea flicker back to JP who hits Lee in stride for a 48 yard TD!

jamze132
09-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I think it will boil down to Ryan Lindell being able to make a few more FGs. The "Tampa Cover 2" is a little bit more stingy that the Texans defense. I have no doubt that we will drive to red zone, I just think that Lindell better have his **** together 2 weeks in a row.

What I dislike though is the media's take on the Bills redzone experience thus far. I wouldn't expect it to improve this week at TB. People are going to start to panic if we don't have TDs in the red zone. Well it's not panic time yet. Last week was opening day so the Bills should get an alibi; this week we have to play a top 10 (maybe top 5) defense in their home opener. Lets not jump the gun just yet. Give the kid a chance.

TheBrownBear
09-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I'd have to go with Losman.

Its Tampa's first Home Game so they will be extra fired up. Tampa's defense is alot better then Houston's. I doubt the Bills will get in the Redzone as much as they did against Houston and they need to turn those FGs into Touchdowns.
I totally agree with you. You can be sure that Tampa will take away the run (look at Minny - only 26 yds on 16 carries) and force Losman to beat them with his arm. I'm expecting a real low scoring game. Something like 10-6. Though I could see this game ending up as one big "learning experience" for Losman where he throws a couple picks which get taken to the house. If that's the case, then I could see us losing by a couple of scores. Should be an interesting game.