PDA

View Full Version : The book on Beating Tampa's cover 2

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2005, 09:12 AM
The question is: can the Bils running up the middle?

It's probably a broken record now that I bring the Steelers as an example. But the fact is that the Steelers never had trouble with the Bucs, even during their superbowl year, with Sapp and others (Mularkay and the Steelers went down to Tamps and beat them in that superbowl year - that game is not even close). Why? The Steelers are always strong in the middle with their center and probowl guards. The Bucs simply found out that they could not stop the "up-the-gut" play without the help of their safties. From there everything breaks up loose for the Steelers O.

So can Benny Anderson, Trey Teague, and whoever plays the RG this week control Bucs' D-tackles and LB Brooks? That's what we shall see this Sunday.

I'm going with McGahee and Campbell this week in my fantasy league because I know they will figure prominantly in Bills offense this week. Campbell will be asked to catch short passes in the middle a lot.

Defensively the Bucs will come out throwing a lot short passes to everyone - TEs, backs, WRs. TKO and Posey are pretty good at coverage but Fletcher remains a liability. Expect Gruden to explore that by trying to get some favorable match-ups on Fletcher.

alohabillsfan
09-15-2005, 09:43 AM
I concur, I was just looking up stats and TB was #1 last year against the pass and 19th against the run. They are a small fast D great against pass and the LB's protect against the outside. For us to win WM must carry 25 times for 130 yards and 2 TD's. JP be somewhere in the vicinity of 16 for 24 for 190 yds and 1 TD. Bills win 24 Bucs 13.