PDA

View Full Version : I really despise Penguin Fans

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2005, 12:42 PM
They are pieces of **** that only support their team when it's full of Superstars. The only reason they even have a chance of keeping their team is because they won the "definitely not fixed" lottery. They can't get a new arena built. They are a ****ing joke.

Before Lemieux they were on the verge of moving. Then supported their team when they were winning cups in the early 90's. I will always cheer against the Pens no matter who they play. They are the definition of fair weather fans.

Pittsburgh sucks.

hammerbillsfan
09-15-2005, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't the Sabres and their fans do the same thing if they got Crosby? :bandwagon

I don't blame Penguin fans for jumping off, that team was ****!

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Sabres fans haven't jumped off and the Sabres have only been to one Stanley Cup since 1975.

Of course Sabres fans would be excited if we got Crosby. The difference is theat Sabres fans still support a team with zero name players and cheap ****ing owner. That is something Pittsburgh fans have never done. Buffalo got a new arena built for the Sabres without winning back to back stanley cups. Pittsburgh's melon arena is 40 years old and the smallest in hockey.

Penguin fans are spoiled ass holes. I hope Crosby gets hurt for the season in Training Camp. That's right. I said it. I hope that a player gets hurt. I wish nothing but pain and misery on their spoiled fans.

pcnorth22
09-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Sabres fans haven't jumped off and the Sabres have only been to one Stanley Cup since 1975.

Of course Sabres fans would be excited if we got Crosby. The difference is theat Sabres fans still support a team with zero name players and cheap ****ing owner. That is something Pittsburgh fans have never done. Buffalo got a new arena built for the Sabres without winning back to back stanley cups. Pittsburgh's melon arena is 40 years old and the smallest in hockey.

Penguin fans are spoiled ass holes. I hope Crosby gets hurt for the season in Training Camp. That's right. I said it. I hope that a player gets hurt. I wish nothing but pain and misery on their spoiled fans.

Good stuff...

I never played a hockey growing up, but I'm crazy about it now. I've been to the open practices the last two days...and I love it. Sure, I wish we had a few big name players, but I love the idea that this team of 2nd tier players could make their mark on the league by being successful...kinda reminds me of a city on Lake Erie some of us may be familiar with...

Pittsburgh hockey fans do blow...and I'm sick of people saying they did great things in the offseason...if they didn't win the lottery this team would be packing its bags...

hammerbillsfan
09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
because they won the "definitely not fixed" lottery.
If the lottery was fixed, the Rangers would have got him.

pcnorth22
09-15-2005, 01:40 PM
If the lottery was fixed, the Rangers would have got him.

Lemieux sucks **** better than Messier...

hammerbillsfan
09-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Lemieux sucks **** better than Messier...
:negrep:
That was uncalled for.

BuffaloRanger
09-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Very funny! I have always hated Messier. :posrep:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-16-2005, 05:31 AM
What do you expect, Pittsburgh fans are a poor man's Philadelphia fans.

fushetti
09-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Ranger,

You think Sabres fans haven't jumped off? The Penguins and the Sabres were in similar financial straits.. In 02-03, attendance was piss poor at HSBC Arena before Golisano bought the team. I harken back to Bettmans plea to buffalo fans to "buy your tickets" because the season ticket base fell really low. The Sabres now probably still have one of the lowest season ticket figure in the NHL. Last i heard it was 7000+.

Pens fans haven't had **** to cheer about since Jagr left and knowing that their team could possibly be dissolved. When there are unknowns considering the future of the team, fans aren't going to line up for seats.

With a salary cap and REASONS to be excited (aka crosby and free agent signings) Pens fans are excited about their team. Don't fault them about that.

You don't win, you don't sell tickets. bottom line.

don137
09-16-2005, 12:21 PM
I have to admit that Penquins are a very lucky team to get the first overall pick both times when the two best players in the last 20+ years are elgible to be drafted.
With that said, I think Pittsburgh and Buffalo are similar cities. Both are blue collar towns with about the same population. In both cities football is the number one sport. The difference is Pittsburgh has three major sport franchises where Buffalo has two. Pittsburgh really does not have the size and financial resources to support three teams. As a result they become fair weather fans and only support baseball and hockey if the team is winning. I am sure the Penquins success will hurt the attendance of baseball even more.

BuffaloRanger
09-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Ranger,

You think Sabres fans haven't jumped off? The Penguins and the Sabres were in similar financial straits.. In 02-03, attendance was piss poor at HSBC Arena before Golisano bought the team. I harken back to Bettmans plea to buffalo fans to "buy your tickets" because the season ticket base fell really low. The Sabres now probably still have one of the lowest season ticket figure in the NHL. Last i heard it was 7000+.

Pens fans haven't had **** to cheer about since Jagr left and knowing that their team could possibly be dissolved. When there are unknowns considering the future of the team, fans aren't going to line up for seats.

With a salary cap and REASONS to be excited (aka crosby and free agent signings) Pens fans are excited about their team. Don't fault them about that.

You don't win, you don't sell tickets. bottom line.

The big difference is Pen fans have had much more to cheer about in the last 20 years. They won 2 cups, had Lemieux, Jagr, now Crosby. Pens knocked the Sabres out of the playoffs the last time they were both there. **** them and their fans. Why does Pittsburgh get the free pass? There fans have been spoiled...too spoiled. I hope they get crushed.

And by the way, please email TG and tell him your philosophy on winning = selling tickets. He thinks he can make money with a team of role players and 2nd and 3rd line players.