PDA

View Full Version : The battle of field position will be crucial

Pennywise
09-15-2005, 07:31 PM
In this battle of titanic defenses, look for Brian Moorman to be the difference in this game.

A punter? Please!

Yes, A punter.

The Bucs have a great defense...but the Bills have a better one.

Moorman will consistantly pin the Bucs deep in their own territory. The Bills defense will be a brick wall, again, and the Bills offense should have an advantage in having a few short fields.

The redzone offense is a project in the making, and will suffer again this week.....but not so much that the good guys don't come out on top.

Final score from Tampa....

Bills 16

Buccaneers 10

jpdex12
09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
In this battle of titanic defenses, look for Brian Moorman to be the difference in this game.

A punter? Please!

Yes, A punter.

The Bucs have a great defense...but the Bills have a better one.

Moorman will consistantly pin the Bucs deep in their own territory. The Bills defense will be a brick wall, again, and the Bills offense should have an advantage in having a few short fields.

The redzone offense is a project in the making, and will suffer again this week.....but not so much that the good guys don't come out on top.

Final score from Tampa....

Bills 16

Buccaneers 10
Good possibility. I would like to see the offense throw a few more upper cuts and punch it in the TD Zone a few times!

RedEyE
09-15-2005, 07:41 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I feel that the turnover ratio will place more bearing. As long as the Bills keep their mistakes to a minimumm they'll come out on top.

Ebenezer
09-15-2005, 07:45 PM
No doubt. It is key that the Bills win the field position battle. They have to get at least one first down on each drive to keep the chains moving toward TB's end of the field.

Pennywise
09-15-2005, 07:49 PM
I understand what you're saying, but I feel that the turnover ratio will place more bearing. As long as the Bills keep their mistakes to a minimumm they'll come out on top.Yep...very much agree.

I think the Bills will turn the ball over a couple of times this week but our defense will also create at least a couple. Jerry Gray's boys certainly seem to have a nose for the football, don't they?

G. Host
09-15-2005, 07:56 PM
Moorman needs decent snaps and he did not get it against Texans. New snapper for Lindell is fine but it is hurting Moorman's game.

Bills probably figured Moorman could adjust easier than Lindell.

im4bflo
09-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm a HUGE Moorman fan! He amazes me, he's a huge weapon, not just a punter. And if something happens, he can still make the play.
He's worth every penny! I like watching the punt, for the first time, in a long time! I'm glad you're a BILL Brian Moorman! GO BILLS!

pintonick96
09-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Very knowlegable post. I like it.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Ahhh I was at the game and Moorman looked ahhh not so good. He had one punt go 29 yards. He needs to stop reading how good he is. He had a perfect day to punt and kind of sucked! For everyone who is always saying his stats would be better if he did not play in windy Wilson stadium, Moorman blew a good day.

Pennywise
09-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Ahhh I was at the game and Moorman looked ahhh not so good. He had one punt go 29 yards. He needs to stop reading how good he is. He had a perfect day to punt and kind of sucked! For everyone who is always saying his stats would be better if he did not play in windy Wilson stadium, Moorman blew a good day.
I have to agree with you that he didn't have a very good game but I have to believe that was the exception, and not the norm, based on the past.

I bet he has been kicking himself all week long and will turn in a stellar performance this Sunday.

He will bounce back in a big way.....just watch.

HHURRICANE
09-15-2005, 08:59 PM
I have to agree with you that he didn't have a very good game but I have to believe that was the exception, and not the norm, based on the past.

I bet he has been kicking himself all week long and will turn in a stellar performance this Sunday.

He will bounce back in a big way.....just watch.
I agree and hope you are right!