• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Playoffs can't rattle cool Pennington

Playoff pressure? What playoff pressure?

Chad Pennington looked like a kid in a backyard pickup game, which, given the clumps of sod that kept flying from the Meadowlands surface, might not have been such a bad alternative.

Feeling no more stress than a youngster ignoring his mother's call to come inside for dinner, Pennington did pretty much whatever he wanted to in leading the New York Jets to a wild-card playoff victory over the Indianapolis Colts that was even easier than the 41-0 score would suggest.

He showed the kind of poise, confidence and maturity that one would expect from a quarterback who has been doing this postseason stuff with great regularity through a long and distinguished career.

Full Story

From NFL.com
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

the JETS are looking very scary.it isn't just pennington...it's everybody.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillC
      The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
      • Jul 2002

One game wonder-

Both the Jets and Atlanta fold their tents next week...

Comment

• Voltron
        • Jul 2002

I think Pennington is the real deal. And unlike Vick has a supporting cast. Vick is much better athletically but Pennington has not made a mistake in 4 straight games and has completed something like 70% of his passes. He has superb touch and some good targets. I think the Jets have a chance to go to the big game this year. Who knows it may even be an all NY Super bowl !?!
        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I thought it was funny when the announcers kept saying "He's a coaches son, that's why he's good" or something to that affect. Funny, because I kept picturing RJ being sacked!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

Working...
          X