PDA

View Full Version : Six Days Til Sunday

northernbillfan
09-16-2005, 02:43 AM
I just finished watching 6 Days. Awesome show with a good insiders look at teh Bill's linebackers.

A few observations:

1) When Vincent got the pick off and was congratulated on the sidelines, it almost looked as if he didn't want anything to do with TKO and Fletcher. He just shook hands and went back to his spot on the bench. Peculiar "team" behavior.

2) Throwing up on the bench after the first big play...uck. And he called it a gameday tradition.

3) During the miked up portion of the show on game day proves that when ABC does it, they clean up the trash talk. Spikes was in everyone's face during every play. However when they show it on ABC's MOnday night football, it's sanitized. That is BS! Thank you NFL Network.

4) Last but certainly not least, these guys are pumped for this season. They will not accept anything but a trip to the Super Bowl!!!!

I am stoked now too!!!!!

mysticsoto
09-16-2005, 08:40 AM
I liked that TKO said that turnovers just down happen by random. They practice them. And then they showed TKO practicing catching passes and doing other drills that are conducive to creating turnovers. No wonder our backups Crowell, Haggan and Stamer are so good. They've probably absorbed alot of the work ethics and drills that our starting line up uses.

And you're right, TKO does alot of trash talking on the field and the regular televised games don't show that!!! It's all about intimidating the opponenet!

jamze132
09-16-2005, 09:12 AM
I thought it was a pretty good show, but I was hoping to see more "behind the scenes" stuff.

What impresses me the most about our linebacker corps, is that they are tight together. There doesn't appear to be any "I'm better than you so suck my dick" stuff going on there with them. It almost seems like an infantry squad in todays great Army!

Tatonka
09-16-2005, 09:15 AM
after vincent got the int, fletcher and spikes were the first to great him.. i didnt think he looked like he was avoiding them.. i think he is just a quiet guy.. and he just ran a 1500 yards to interecpt that deep ball.. maybe he was tired.

sunshynman
09-16-2005, 09:22 AM
My .02

First TKO is one ripped mother f'er. The guys a brick house! 20 1/2" Neck. I wonder if Moremans legs are that big !?

The thing that impressed me the most is that the whole LB corp goes over tape on the free time as an extra prep tool. After the coaches insights, meetings, workout (first ones to the weight room in the morning); they watch tape as a group and break it down. They also said that on the day off they were at the facility watching tape.

Other than that it showed them goofing off bowling, and talking smack. They said they have a system that when someone screws up during a game they fine them some amout (like $10 for a dropped int). And at the end of they year it goes to charity. The funniest was they fined Posey for coming to practice saying "Damn I look good today".

The other impressive thing to me was the way Haggen and Stammer supported the starters. They were pumping them up and congradulating them on the sidelines after the plays! Also knowning there not starters but taking ST to heart and giving 100%

justasportsfan
09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
I just finished watching 6 Days. Awesome show with a good insiders look at teh Bill's linebackers.

A few observations:

1) When Vincent got the pick off and was congratulated on the sidelines, it almost looked as if he didn't want anything to do with TKO and Fletcher. He just shook hands and went back to his spot on the bench. Peculiar "team" behavior.

2) Throwing up on the bench after the first big play...uck. And he called it a gameday tradition.

3) During the miked up portion of the show on game day proves that when ABC does it, they clean up the trash talk. Spikes was in everyone's face during every play. However when they show it on ABC's MOnday night football, it's sanitized. That is BS! Thank you NFL Network.

4) Last but certainly not least, these guys are pumped for this season. They will not accept anything but a trip to the Super Bowl!!!!

I am stoked now too!!!!!1) you're just being paranoid. You should work for media.

2) get it out of his system.

3) As long as they leave South Park alone, it's all good.

4) neither should bills fans.

sunshynman
09-16-2005, 09:44 AM
FYI Both the Spikes Interview and 6 Days to Sunday are on www.NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/) under the Video Features

casdhf
09-16-2005, 09:47 AM
I love fooball

Tatonka
09-16-2005, 11:03 AM
TKO showed the board that had the fines on it..

next to posey's name it said.. = THLG - 10$

TKO said.. "that stands for Thinks He Looks Good" and they all started laughing..

then Posey said.. "I did look good that day!"

JD
09-16-2005, 12:39 PM
The funniest was they fined Posey for coming to practice saying "Damn I look good today".
:lmao:

The Spaz
09-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Ummm....no. I agree with T he looked tired to me.

justasportsfan
09-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Ummm....no. I agree with T he looked tired to me.ya'll remember Barry Sanders? He had no emotion after a TD.

Bill Brasky
09-16-2005, 01:37 PM

A few observations:

I am stoked now too!!!!!
Is it only going to air on NFL network? :sadwalk:

sunshynman
09-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Is it only going to air on NFL network? :sadwalk:Yes , but again....

FYI Both the Spikes Interview and 6 Days to Sunday are on www.NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/) under the Video Features

Bill Brasky
09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
They really sort of insinuated that the Bills get dicked over with exposure/scheduling.

northernbillfan
09-16-2005, 02:35 PM
They really sort of insinuated that the Bills get dicked over with exposure/scheduling.
That was his TKO's reply to the fact that the last 8 times the Bills have played Tampa have al been in Tampa. TKO also stated that this year the Bills will become a household name and the league will have to start to pay attention to them.

BAM
09-16-2005, 02:36 PM
That show was freekin' sweet. Loved it!

I wish I had TIVO or a Burner or something hooked up to my system.

Bill Brasky
09-16-2005, 02:41 PM
That was his TKO's reply to the fact that the last 8 times the Bills have played Tampa have al been in Tampa. TKO also stated that this year the Bills will become a household name and the league will have to start to pay attention to them. he also complained at the beginning how they don't get "any respect. maybe it's our location up here in Buffalo... and we never get any primetime games up here"

as much as ralph really doesn't like the idea of home night games he's probably gonna have to bite the bullet and let the league schedule us a couple or else guys aren't gonna wanna come play here. nobody's going to come to a place where they get little or no exposure.

the bills could be only the 3rd team in league history to finish in the top 3 ranked D's for 3 seasons in a row, and yet almost nobody in the media is talking about them or giving them any credit.

Tatonka
09-16-2005, 05:52 PM
all i can really say about prime time games is that we got two.. and typically you have to win to get prime time games.. we have not won anything in a LONG time.. the early 90s bills were on tv all the time.. that is the way it goes.