PDA

View Full Version : SABRES vs. CAPITALS....TONIGHT!

JD
09-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Anyone know if this will be televized?
I doubt many people will be at the arena, I didnt even hear about this until this morning....
http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20050917/1027701.asp

SkateZilla
09-17-2005, 04:02 PM
dunno.,...
im gonna start my usuall game thread with stats.. if i can find a statsheet.. i think NHL.com isnt keeping the stats sheets online.. but i'll find something.. hopefully we can still listen..

Myers57
09-17-2005, 11:41 PM
the arena was pretty packed with over 17,000 in attendance!

Novacane
09-18-2005, 08:03 AM
the arena was pretty packed with over 17,000 in attendance!

Because the were selling tickets for $5.50 in a radio station promotion

Dozerdog
09-18-2005, 08:48 AM
They should do that for a lot of these games.

pyrrhonist
09-18-2005, 11:35 AM
They should do that for a lot of these games.

The fans still might be overpaying. :bf1:

I think that many of the Sabres' games should be charged as if they were Rochester games, since many of the players are of AHL caliber.

As far as the game itself:

I'm sure after 2 goals scored, fans are going to think Thomas Vanek is an instant success. I still think the team got a steal when they drafted him, but let's not assume he'll be netting 70 goals, just because he got 2 preseason goals. I find it highly dubious that Carolina beat the Caps 6-0, but Buffalo could only muster 3 goals. Of course, Washington probably felt reserved about anything that might be interpreted as a penalty, after the amount of PIMs they racked up the night before.

Of note as well, is Vanek also scored a goal in the OT shootout.

SkateZilla
09-18-2005, 03:06 PM
FYI Prrr...

Carolina Didnt Get Kolzig, or Ovechkin the Douche...

Carolina had the easy goalie..

And if we woulda had the easy goalie for more than the 3rd period we woulda got 6 or more...

Cheers..

pyrrhonist
09-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Regardless, Skayte (Since you misspelled my board name :peace: ), 3 goals, in 4 periods, no less, is bad. Kolzig was poor last season, mostly because the Washington "defense" sucked really, really bad. You do remember what this Sabres squad did last season in a regular game against Kolzig, right? But of course, that was with Miro on the squad.

And the Ovechkin hatred---Still continuing on, eh? :D Since I support the guy, I'll have to make a special avatar for myself, just for you! :D :D

SkateZilla
09-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Regardless, Skayte (Since you misspelled my board name :peace: ), 3 goals, in 4 periods, no less, is bad. Kolzig was poor last season, mostly because the Washington "defense" sucked really, really bad. You do remember what this Sabres squad did last season in a regular game against Kolzig, right? But of course, that was with Miro on the squad.

And the Ovechkin hatred---Still continuing on, eh? :D Since I support the guy, I'll have to make a special avatar for myself, just for you! :D :D

his gameplay is fine, but his on ice attitude is unprofessional..