PDA

View Full Version : ronde barber blasts us on jim rome

STAMPY
09-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Heard Ronde Barber on the Jim Rome show this morning and Rome asked the question "is it better to go to the Super Bowl and lose, or never to go at all." Ronde said "I don't know, why don't you go ask the Buffalo Bills" and started laughing.

What a dick. im very happy he said it. Fire up the best D in game. thanks for the bulletin board line dickwad :mad:

Novacane
09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
I don't think that would fire up the defense. that should only piss off fans. None of these coachs or players were around when we lost the SB's

DMBcrew36
09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
You'd think a guy who has been in the league as long as he would know better than to say something that could be viewed as being disrespectful. If he wants to disrespect us fans, fine, but he should show a little class towards a group of guys who did something he could never even fathem.

STAMPY
09-17-2005, 08:43 PM
I don't think that would fire up the defense. that should only piss off fans. None of these coachs or players were around when we lost the SB's

i am mad! i hope evans burns him

casdhf
09-17-2005, 08:52 PM
**** that guy and his homo brother. what makes the bucs think they're so hot? they had a top 10 draft pick last year right?

thebuffalobills4
09-17-2005, 08:56 PM
oh he can go **** himself.total disespect,but hell at least we not go 0-14.lol :brush:

FlyingDutchman
09-17-2005, 09:20 PM
I thought he had more class than this. I lost a lot of respect for him now. I really hope we come out and just destroy them on their field. Lets ****ing do this tomorrow!

Go Bucs
09-17-2005, 09:22 PM
besides being a class act, ronde barber is one of the best and brightest the nfl has to offer (he graduated from Mr. Jefferson's University after all).

how sensitive do you have to be to take offense at somebody for pointing out the obvious?

DMBcrew36
09-17-2005, 09:25 PM
besides being a class act, ronde barber is one of the best and brightest the nfl has to offer (he graduated from Mr. Jefferson's University after all).

how sensitive do you have to be to take offense at somebody for pointing out the obvious?
riiighhhhhhhhttt

gannd
09-17-2005, 10:30 PM
I like it, and I hope TKO reads it in his hotel tonight.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-17-2005, 10:31 PM
F*** The barber will smoke him on sunday Go Bills

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2005, 10:42 PM
riiighhhhhhhhtttHow many winning seasons have the Bucs had in their history?

While the Bills were going to 4 Super Bowls the Bucs were fininshing their 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th consecutive losing seasons. PATHETIC!!!!

Yeah.....I'd shut it if I were you.

AndreReed83
09-17-2005, 10:44 PM
I thought he had more class than this. I lost a lot of respect for him now. I really hope we come out and just destroy them on their field. Lets ****ing do this tomorrow!

Well hell, look at the POS he had the interview with. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Go Bucs
09-17-2005, 10:51 PM
How many winning seasons have the Bucs had in their history?
How many Super Bowl rings do the Bills have?

AndreReed83
09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
BTW, I personally am glad we went to four straight Super Bowls. I know we lost. I can't change that, nor can the players from those teams. But it takes a LOT of wins and a LOT of consistency and a LOT of great players to do what they did. This organization has nothing to be ashamed about.

Tampa won a Super Bowl. Can't take that from them, congrats for winning it. The Bucs did NOTHING before that. The Bucs have done NOTHING since.

I love this organization. We don't do stupid stuff like Barber and the Bucs. We are generally a class act. We have a proud history. AFL championships anyone? We were one of the best. I'm quite certain some of those teams could have won a Super Bowl if the two leagues had merged earlier.

Barber making that "joke" just shows that he has no knowledge of the history of the league, or any sense of respect. We'll see how many players the Super Bowl Bucs places into the Hall of Fame, compared to the Super Bowl Bills. We'll see if Mr. Barber makes it.

hammerbillsfan
09-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Their uniforms were **** too:

http://media.tbo.com/photos/bucs/top25/bucs17young.jpg

ParanoidAndroid
09-17-2005, 10:58 PM
How many Super Bowl rings do the Bills have?
Bucs? 14 consecutive losing seasons.....'nuff said.

Go Bucs
09-17-2005, 11:22 PM
True, the Bills have a history of winning (just not Super Bowls), and are a classy organization. And yes, the Bills won some championship in a young AFL, before it merged with the NFL.

But the Bucs, especially in the last decade have emerged as one of the powerhouse teams in the NFL. The Bucs went 60-36 before winning a Super Bowl, which includes 5 trips to the playoffs in six years. All told in the last ten years the Bucs have made it to the playoffs five times for a record of 5-4.

In that same time period (ten years) the Bills have made it to the playoffs four times, for a record of 1-4.

Ask anyone outside of Buffalo and they would agree that Ronde Barber is one of the class acts of the NFL. Hands down he is one of the most intelligent, and outstanding players in the NFL. The guy is underpaid at his position (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp05/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2119748) and instead of pulling a T.O., Barber goes out and produces at an All Pro level.

AndreReed83
09-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Actually, I commend you because you didn't completely make an arse of yourself and ignore facts. You presented more facts and made your own opinion. You bring up records, but the Bills had the most wins of the 90's. That's an amazing accomplishment. And, what about playoff records of the Bills of the Superbowl runs and the Bucs of the same era? Did the Bucs even make the playoffs? Barber is a nice guy, and he "may" be underpaid yet somehow I think he is doing alright financially (the NFL just eats up the marketability of two, clean cut, twin brothers with high skill who both play in media darling areas) but comments like he made are still dumb. That's the sort of thing you do that starts to detract from your character and public image. It's nice that Barber goes out and performs... but it's his job to do so. I give him no extra praise or credit for that. It's admirable, but it's his job. Just like I have to show up for my job and work hard at it. Nothing special there. It's expected.

camelcowboy
09-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Barber and his brother, can sit on a upside down bar stool for all i care

JD
09-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Barber and his brother, can sit on a upside down bar stool for all i care
They may however, enjoy that too much....

madness
09-18-2005, 11:00 AM
They may however, enjoy that too much....
I read on the Giants site that it was a family tradition.

Cntrygal
09-18-2005, 11:05 AM
BTW, I personally am glad we went to four straight Super Bowls. I know we lost. I can't change that, nor can the players from those teams. But it takes a LOT of wins and a LOT of consistency and a LOT of great players to do what they did. This organization has nothing to be ashamed about.

Tampa won a Super Bowl. Can't take that from them, congrats for winning it. The Bucs did NOTHING before that. The Bucs have done NOTHING since.

I love this organization. We don't do stupid stuff like Barber and the Bucs. We are generally a class act. We have a proud history. AFL championships anyone? We were one of the best. I'm quite certain some of those teams could have won a Super Bowl if the two leagues had merged earlier.

Barber making that "joke" just shows that he has no knowledge of the history of the league, or any sense of respect. We'll see how many players the Super Bowl Bucs places into the Hall of Fame, compared to the Super Bowl Bills. We'll see if Mr. Barber makes it.

:10:

Great post! :posrep: