X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Larry Felser out of Pro Football HOF Committee

Love him or hate him, he was around a long time and had clout on that committee.

He's being replaced by Buffalo News sports writer Mark Gaughan, a bright, objective, but younger columnist.

I wonder how this may affect prospects of arguably marginal HOF candidates from the Bills' 1990's era teams? I think it'll hurt w/o a guy who is highly respected for his historical perspective advocating for the Bills in the room.

Andre Reed, Steve Tasker, Kent Hull- maybe in trouble?
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

do you have a source or link?

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

If Felser is off the HOF committie,then that would be unfortuate.There is nobody that know more about the Bills and Western N.Y. sports than Felser.There were alot of great players in the Bills organization before 1988, and Felser knows them all from the inception of the franchise.Anyone ever hear of Stratton,Saimes,Sestak,Gilchrist,Kemp,Dubenion,and Byrd.Sportswriters of that era consider the Bills defense of '64 and 65 the best ever in the AFL.It would be sad if someone with his knowledge was not allowed to vote on the HOF.I hope this is not the case.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

I hope not as well. If not for Felser, Billy Shaw would never have gotte in.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

It was in the Buffalo news today. He retired from the committee.

There was just a small announcment insert in Gaughan's inside the NFL column. I just checked and it is not in the online version but it was in today's paper

Comment

• Judge
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
            It was in the Buffalo news today. He retired from the committee.

There was just a small announcment insert in Gaughan's inside the NFL column. I just checked and it is not in the online version but it was in today's paper
            Exactly- I read it in the Buffalo News. I was surprised by the news, as I've heard Felser on Empire and he's talked about the HOF committee. I never got the impression he'd be retiring from it. But he did- bad break for Buffalo HOF hopes.
            Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i hope felser's out.i can't stand him.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• northernbillfan
                Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

If the replacement is still a Buffalo sports writer, what makes you think it will hurt Buffalo? He'd still think about Buffalo players. Wouldn't he?
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Yeah nbf, but Felser can make a better case for our players, especially the old-timers like Tom "Should already be in the HOF" Sestak because he's seen everyone of them play.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                  X